[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reggie Bush 1st Round?

fingfootball

If the league scoring includes PPR Bush is no doubt a 1st rounder. I have him ranked 7th overall in a PPR format. His value takes a bit of a hit if there's no PPR but he'd still be more valuable than McAllister. McAllister is a 4th rounder. Getting him the 6th would be a steal!!

Edited by irish

'm drafting 12th in my local (non-PPR) and am right now going with Bush-Harrison. Benson scares me, and there's no 25 carry/game guy left at that point that I can see and like:McGahee, Lewis? Blech.

I've been seduced by The Shanahan before, and wth THen gimpy now am walking away from that.

Edited by Pope Flick

'm drafting 12th in my local (non-PPR) and am right now going with Bush-Harrison. Benson scares me, and there's no 25 carry/game guy left at that point that I can see and like:McGahee, Lewis? Blech.

I've been seduced by The Shanahan before, and wth THen gimpy now am walking away from that.

I hope you get him. I haven't seen Bush last to 12 yet this year. He's still the dead sexy pick. PPR or no PPR, people want him on their teams.

+1

On top of the RBBC problem, he wasn't very impressive in between the tackles last year. He fell way short of being the second coming of Marshall Faulk.

That was more true in the start of last season. He seemed to make adjustments and brought his game up a notch in the last few weeks. I also like the way NO uses him. They don't use him like Faulk, which is a good thing.

Bush went first round in 12 team non-ppr in my local. Bad pick, IMO. I got Deuce in the same draft second pick of the fifth round. Good value there.

Agree with both points.

Agree with both points.

Me too. Those in non-PPR taking Bush and MJD in the first round are nuts (and are heartily laughed at by the guys taking Rudi, Alexander, Willie). In PPR it's entirely justifiable. Add in weird scoring in my league like bonuses for long rush/receiving TDs (30+ yards) and Bush and his 88 catches last year looks even better, as he's as good a bet as any to bust a screen pass 64 yards to the house. I got him at #9 of a 14-teamer last night and am fine with that.

And as a Deuce owner last year, I can tell you firsthand how pissed I was that Payton started using Bush more at/near the goal line down the stretch last year, and he seemed to be very comfortable/effective there. Like others have said, I see him getting plenty of red zone/goal line work with Deuce (who is no doubt more of the "power" back but Bush looks to be a bit more bulked up from last year, no? Maybe I'm just giving him superhuman powers too quickly.)

Me too. Those in non-PPR taking Bush and MJD in the first round are nuts (and are heartily laughed at by the guys taking Rudi, Alexander, Willie). In PPR it's entirely justifiable. Add in weird scoring in my league like bonuses for long rush/receiving TDs (30+ yards) and Bush and his 88 catches last year looks even better, as he's as good a bet as any to bust a screen pass 64 yards to the house. I got him at #9 of a 14-teamer last night and am fine with that.

I had a conversation with a buddy of mine the other day: the problem with Rudi is that he jsut doesn't spike his scores that much. He'll never have a 150 yard, 2 TD day. In our league that translates to 24 points. He MIGHT get one of those per year. Even in a non-PPR league I can see Bush doing that 3 times this year. Rudi is something of a kiss of death, given that he's so mediocerly consistent.

Who do you pick at 12 if 10 RBs and Manning goes? Edge, McGahee, Lewis are left but are they that much more effective than Reggie Bush whose ceiling we don't even know yet? I don't think so. Maroney? MAYBE. Ronnie Brown? That's nuts.

Who is RB #11 in your book?

I think taking Bush or MJD in the first round is arguable, not because those guys make for fantastic RB1's but simply because the other players in their tier are not really doing anything to gain the confidence of the average FF owner. The drop from Tier 1 to Tier 2 for the RB's is pretty significant IMO this season. If you don't have a pick in the top 5, then maybe you do take a risk with someone that has upside like Bush.

There are some tough picks out there when you get around the 8, 9 or 10 pick in a 12 team draft.

I think taking Bush or MJD in the first round is arguable, not because those guys make for fantastic RB1's but simply because the other players in their tier are not really doing anything to gain the confidence of the average FF owner. The drop from Tier 1 to Tier 2 for the RB's is pretty significant IMO this season. If you don't have a pick in the top 5, then maybe you do take a risk with someone that has upside like Bush.

There are some tough picks out there when you get around the 8, 9 or 10 pick in a 12 team draft.

That's my point - I'm picking 12th. I'm not so unhappy with that spot though - I think Bush-Harrison will be a solid start and would do that if the draft were today, but it's on the 4th.

ANother option is do something foolish like take Wayne _&_ Harrison knowing that DWilliams/Foster and Deuce are available at 3/4, but that's option C for me. Not sure what B is.....

"Knock-on-wood," I think Reggie Bush is a good pick in a redraft ppr leagues. #7-#10. Brees seems even more comfortable in the spread out offense. Especially in a league that awards more pts for longer TDs - Reggie Bush will keep things interesting.

Colston, Henderson, Copper, Patten, E Johnson will spread that field open for Reggie. jmho. I hope I'm right. :D