[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

(update) Kevin Jones off the PUP

MERLINS

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mmmmmmm Kool-Aid. What happens if all the naysayers are wrong about Tater's injury risk? What happens if the Lions are winning, you think they'll pull the Tater? Even if Tater is moderately successful (the Lions are at/above .500), wouldn't you at least expect an RBBC as Kevin Jones is used sparsely in case they need him for a playoff run? First 5 games Oak/Min/Phi/Chicago/Wash/Bye. The rest of the season TB/Chicago/Denver/Az/NYG/GB/Min/Dal/SD/KC/GB. What happens if K.Jones has any nagging injury after (if) the Lions are out of playoff contention? I expect a lot of Tater/TJ, and then Tater/Jones/TJ, and if Tater gets hurt, it'll be TJ/Jones. This just doesn't look like K.Jones is worth that much, casue it prolly will be an RBBC when he comes back no matter what, unless the Lions make a playoff run. Risky... I'd cash in on Joens now to the Tater owner and get something for him now, while he has value. If the Tater gets his passing yards, in a PPR league he may still be a decent option. Trying to trade K.Jones when Tater has put up decent numbers is gonna minimize his value. If I had K.Jones, I'd trade him now, reference the best-case scenario stories and cash in to make your team better now. There's a very good chance you'll ride out Jones until he's pretty much worthless in a non-keeper league. JMHO.

mmmmmmm Kool-Aid. What happens if all the naysayers are wrong about Tater's injury risk? What happens if the Lions are winning, you think they'll pull the Tater? Even if Tater is moderately successful (the Lions are at/above .500), wouldn't you at least expect an RBBC as Kevin Jones is used sparsely in case they need him for a playoff run? First 5 games Oak/Min/Phi/Chicago/Wash/Bye. The rest of the season TB/Chicago/Denver/Az/NYG/GB/Min/Dal/SD/KC/GB. What happens if K.Jones has any nagging injury after (if) the Lions are out of playoff contention? I expect a lot of Tater/TJ, and then Tater/Jones/TJ, and if Tater gets hurt, it'll be TJ/Jones. This just doesn't look like K.Jones is worth that much, casue it prolly will be an RBBC when he comes back no matter what, unless the Lions make a playoff run. Risky... I'd cash in on Joens now to the Tater owner and get something for him now, while he has value. If the Tater gets his passing yards, in a PPR league he may still be a decent option. Trying to trade K.Jones when Tater has put up decent numbers is gonna minimize his value. If I had K.Jones, I'd trade him now, reference the best-case scenario stories and cash in to make your team better now. There's a very good chance you'll ride out Jones until he's pretty much worthless in a non-keeper league. JMHO.

The upside to Jones is that he is the only back they have capable of keeping them out of a RBBC.

And Bell has been going before Jones in fantasy Drafts.

The fact that Mike Bell( a guy who took Tatums job for a while last year) just lost his job to the invisible man says all I need to know about Tatum bell. My Lions should of learned from the failed Orlandis Gary experiment that anyone looks good behind Denvers line.

Edited by Doc Holliday

Didn't they try and trade him to the Giants after they aquired him and Foster?

I've thought all along the main guy in the trade for them was Foster...

I don't remember them trying to trade him to the Giants but they may have.

I agree that Foster was the main guy we were after. that being said...I sure would rather have Bly back than either of them

In the end, the Lions will be passing a whole lot more than they'll be running.

Yep.

I hope I never again have to see one grown man calling another grown man "Tater" so many times in one paragraph.

Edited by Swiss Cheezhead

In the end, the Lions will be passing a whole lot more than they'll be running.

Which works out for Kevin Jones fantasy wise.

I don't remember them trying to trade him to the Giants but they may have.

I agree that Foster was the main guy we were after. that being said...I sure would rather have Bly back than either of them

Yep.

I could have swore they did the day after they aquired him.

I hope I never again have to see one grown man calling another grown man "Tater" so many times in one paragraph.

:D

I could have swore they did the day after they aquired him.

Now that you mention it again it did seem like we were talking about dealing him right after we got him. but I thought I seen somewhere that it was a rumour that was never really true.

He better than Jones in ever aspect of the game.

I wouldn't be so sure... Kevin Jones is only 25 years old, and I think we have only started to see what he could do in Martz system.

With Dunn, we've had 10 years to see what he has. Lets just wait and see... And your point really makes no sense as I was comparing an injury. Thanks for adding your non-sense.

I had two of my local drafts this weekend, and an important part of my strategy was picking the right place to select Kevin Jones. If you can get him at the right spot, he is a great pick, just on the chance that he plays well for a decent portion of this year. Of course it is risky, but, wow, what an upside for a pick at the spot you can grab him.

In my main money league, which is a 10 team, 4 player keeper league, I snagged him in the 6th round. I held my smile in, but, I was extremely excited. This is a PPR league, and my other backs are Alexander, Henry, Jacobs, M. Bell, & M. Morris. I probably don't need him as much in this league, but, I'd love to have that depth and trade ability from the RB ability.

In my other local league, which is a 10 team, 3 player keeper league, I again snagged him in the 6th round, which is essentially one round earlier than my other draft. I could definitely use him a bit more in this league, as RB is my weakness. My other backs are Edge, Jacobs, J. Lewis, Morency, & B. Leonard, so, I'm praying for K. Jones to be a steal this year. This is also a PPR league.

In th Huddle Ladder draft, which is a 12 team, re-draft league, where the draft was held weeks ago, I didn't have him in my plans, but, still ended up taking the shot on him, once again in the 6th round. It is another PPR league, and my backs are LJ, Portis, F. Taylor, & M. Bennett. This league has a flex position, so Kevin Jones coming back to the player he was would be absolutely HUGH !!!!

So, 3 league, all of which I took Kevin Jones in the 6th round. Kevin Jones could help me in a big way, but, with where I got him, even if he doesn't pan out, I will never regret the pick, but, it is definitely worth the reward if it comes. Also, the fact that 2 of those leagues are keeper leagues mean, that I may have gotten a keeper in the 6th round, which would be nice as well.

Lions HC Rod Marinelli says Kevin Jones (foot) will be on what he calls a "padded PUP" meaning they'll hold him out of games for the time being - but can stick him in full-squad practices when he's ready. On the real PUP he could not practice at all for 6 weeks. Right now Jones is working with the scout team. "Usually when you hurt a certain part of your body, you compensate and then you wind up hurting something else," said Jones on Sunday. "I was mentally prepared for that through the whole process. Sometimes another part of my foot would hurt that wasn’t even injured. I just try to work hard and walk on it more, running on it more, stuff like that... I want to play in the first game – but I don’t know where I’m at physically. As far as with pads on, banging around, I don’t know how my foot is going to react. Now I get to test it at practice."

Fanball.com

09/04/07 03:37 PM

THE NEWS

Kevin Jones practiced with his teammates on Monday for the first time since undergoing Lisfranc surgery on his left foot last year. "I was a little timid at times, trying to test it, but felt good," Jones told the Detroit Free Press. It is highly unlikely that Jones would be active for Sunday's game against the Raiders.

Our View

Even if Jones is active, we do not believe he'll be a big part of the game plan. After all, he missed all of training camp and the Lions are deep at the position with starter Tatum Bell and backup T.J. Duckett.

Lions RB Kevin Jones on W*** Radio: “I’m not 100% yet. I am 100% healed… so I just gotta get back in football shape,” said Jones. “I just practiced yesterday for the first time.” Jones would not commit to a specific date for his return. It could be week #4 vs. Chicago but that doesn’t seem like a smart re-entry contest for him. We’re guessing week #5 at Washington. But… if he’s held out for week #5, why wouldn’t they just roll him across the week #6 bye and wait for week #7 at home vs. Tampa Bay?

Lions RB Kevin Jones on W*** Radio: “I’m not 100% yet. I am 100% healed… so I just gotta get back in football shape,” said Jones. “I just practiced yesterday for the first time.” Jones would not commit to a specific date for his return. It could be week #4 vs. Chicago but that doesn’t seem like a smart re-entry contest for him. We’re guessing week #5 at Washington. But… if he’s held out for week #5, why wouldn’t they just roll him across the week #6 bye and wait for week #7 at home vs. Tampa Bay?

maybe they'll get him some game action in week 4 and/or 5 and then hopefully more of a full time role after the bye week?. Just a thought.