[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dish Network offering the NFL Package...

ABearWithFurniture

I'm sitting in my new home the other day cursing the local DirecTV installers cuz although I moved into the new house on the 10th, they couldn't come hook up the dish until the 28th (the last owners left 3 dishes up on top of the roof, but none of them from DirecTV). So I get a phone call from a Dish Network rep and he starts reading off the cue card telling me all about what they can offer me ...so I listen to the guy's spiel for about 10 seconds (I think he was Norwegian or something cause he spoke with a middle Eastern accent) and then was going to save him some trouble so I just cut him off and said I'm already a DirecTV customer and unless you can get me the NFL package, I ain't changing...so he says that Dish Network is now offering the NFL package...so I say really, when did this happen...and he says they got it a couple of months ago...so I try to clarify this by saying so you are going to give me every NFL game on Sundays?...and he says that is correct. So I'm thinking hmmm, I didn't hear about this...so I tell him I'm currently paying $200+ for it, and how much does Dish Network charge...and he tells me he's gonna give it to me for FREE! I only have to pay the $35 a month for the regular programming. So I'm trying to figure out what country this guy is calling me from and ask to speak to his manager to verify that this is real...his manager gets on the phone and basically says the same thing (he sounded Scandanavian as well)...NFL package for free, just pay the hook-up and monthly charges...I told them to call me back the next day and I'd sign up in a heartbeat (it was dinner time) but they've failed to call me back...

I want my FREE NFL package...dammit! :D

My neighbors had Dish Network and switched to DirecTV. They claim it's even crappier than DirecTV.

It sucks being out in the woods. :D

I want my On Demand and no $4.99 charge per box BS.

cox is adding NFL On Demand http://www.cox.com/hr/cable/ondemand/nfl.asp

at least its a way to keep the dvr free and still go back and watch the games if i want

You can stop talking right there.

:D

I'm fine with it. The neighborhood tavern has a dozen big screens showing all the games. It's a short stumble from my house and gives me an excuse to leave every Sunday from noon until 7. If I was in my own basement, my wife would know how many beers I've actually had!

I have Dish Network. While it doesn't have NFL Sunday Ticket, it is comparable to DirecTV in every other respect. I've never had an issue with service.

My only real problem with DISH Network is that they want to charge you $99 everytime they come out to adjust or fix something. So far I have gotten all fees waived after I threatened to cancel my service. I wonder how long that will last?

My only real problem with DISH Network is that they want to charge you $99 everytime they come out to adjust or fix something. So far I have gotten all fees waived after I threatened to cancel my service. I wonder how long that will last?

How often do you have to have them out? I am considering going to Direct TV and I have heard of this charge to fix crap but I won't make that move if this is a real issue.

How often do you have to have them out? I am considering going to Direct TV and I have heard of this charge to fix crap but I won't make that move if this is a real issue.

Not often. A couple of times to adjust the DISH. I was told I have trees in the way. Well, you should have mentioned that before you set me up. :D They have to come out Sunday to reinstall my DISH because I had it removed to get a new roof. They attached it to the roof before. No way will I let them do that this time after spending a million dollars for a new roof. Well, it felt like a million. :D I asked for them to strap it to the chimney or put it on a pole. Fee waived btw after my threat.