[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Notable Players Cut

PaulOttCarruth

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saints cuts from today:

Quarterback Tyler Palko

Running back Antonio Pittman

Defensive End Anton Palepoi

Safety Curry Burns

Guard Tim Duckworth

Fullback Kevin Dudley

Defensive end Willie Evans

Wide receiver Tramain Hall

Cornerback David Jones

Linebacker Marvin Mitchell

Cornerback Anwar Phillips

Safety Chris Reis

Guard Dave Yovanovits.

Edited by myhousekey

Saints cuts from today:

Quarterback Tyler Palko

Running back Antonio Pittman

Defensive End Anton Palepoi

Safety Curry Burns

Guard Tim Duckworth

Fullback Kevin Dudley

Defensive end Willie Evans

Wide receiver Tramain Hall

Cornerback David Jones

Linebacker Marvin Mitchell

Cornerback Anwar Phillips

Safety Chris Reis

Guard Dave Yovanovits.

I dont like the Pittman move at ALL. I understand Pierre has gained yards and looked good thurs night but he is SLOW to explode to the hole. Almost looks like he is moving in slow motion! Waiting for the hole to open? I doubt it.... Looks like he has heavy legs to me. Pittman needs a chance with someone if it isnt the Saints. I am not a OSU fan or even really a Pittman fan but I think he has way more potential than Pierre!

I dont like the Pittman move at ALL. I understand Pierre has gained yards and looked good thurs night but he is SLOW to explode to the hole. Almost looks like he is moving in slow motion! Waiting for the hole to open? I doubt it.... Looks like he has heavy legs to me. Pittman needs a chance with someone if it isnt the Saints. I am not a OSU fan or even really a Pittman fan but I think he has way more potential than Pierre!

I'm thinking they wanted to keep both with one going to the practice squad. from what they have done so far in pre season I think they thought it be easier to get Pittman thru than Thomas.

I'm thinking they wanted to keep both with one going to the practice squad. from what they have done so far in pre season I think they thought it be easier to get Pittman thru than Thomas.

I think Green Bay should have waited a few more hours to make that move for Grant. Pittman might do something in GB.

Seahawks cuts:

CB Omowale Dada

QB Derek Devine

WR Joe Fernandez

DE Brandon Green

DT Marcus Green

CB DeJuan Groce

CB Kevin Hobbs

CB Pete Hunter

LB Cameron Jensen

WR Jordan Kent

FB David Kirtman

TE Joe Newton

FB Josh Parry

WR Logan Payne

C Pat Ross

TE Leonard Stephens

DE Nu’u Tafisi

DT Eric Taylor

G Steve Vallos

RB Marquis Weeks

T Kyle Williams

No one of fantasy consequence, I would think.

Packers released WR David Clowney, TE Zac Alcorn, DE Larry Birdine, WR Shaun Bodiford, CB Patrick Dendy, WR Chris Francies, Tim Goodwell, TE Clark Harris, LB Spencer Havner, LB Rory Johnson, G Travis Leffew, FB Brandon Miree, S Alvin Nnabufie, K Dave Rayner, WR Calvin Russell, G Adam Stenavich, T Orrin Thompson, QB Paul Thompson, and RB Corey White.

Clowny was a fifth-round pick. He was believed to be fighting for a spot with Bodiford, but both were cut. A lot of names here like Miree and Dendy have played decent roles in the past, so it's a good sign that the roster is improving

Raiders-

09/01/2007 RB Michael Bush Reserve/Non-Football Injury (PUP)

09/01/2007 FB Zack Crockett, SS Donovin Darius, TE O.J. Santiago, DT Josh Shaw, OT Chad Slaughter, WR Alvis Whitted Released

09/01/2007 TE James Adkisson, C Jesse Boone, OG Kevin Boothe, LB Kurt Campbell, DB Marquice Cole, S Eric Frampton, WR Carlos Francis, P/K Tyler Fredrickson, DT Anttaj Hawthorne, WR Chris McFoy, DE Quentin Moses, LB Kyle Shotwell, DE Dave Tollefson, OT Mark Wilson Waived

Edited by Randall

Waived:

QB Matt Moore

QB Richard Bartel

WR Mike Jefferson

WR Damarius Bilbo

WR Jerheme Urban

TE Rodney Hannah

TE Adam Bergen

LB Junior Glymph

LB Blair Phillips

LB John Saldi

LB Khari Long

CB Joey Thomas

CB Aaron Glenn

CB Quincy Butler

RB Arliss Beach

DT Remi Ayodele

G Trey Darilek

OL Matt Tarullo

RB Alonzo Coleman

FB Lousaka Polite

DE Marcus Smith

really surprised Glenn was cut.... :D

Gramatica is on IR. It's expected he'll be given an injury settlement in the next few days. cowboys.com

There was a rumor floating around here in C-Bus week 2 of preseason that Marvin was looking at Pittman for Cincy. Watson came alive a little the last game, but with Perry back on the PUP, they are hurting for a backup. Wonder if anything will come of that. :D

Patriot cuts

Larry Anam, Chad Brown, Bam Childress, Chris Dunlap, Mike Elgin, Corey Hilliard, Brian Jones, C.J. Jones, Kelvin Kight, Corey Mays, Garrett Mills, Rashad Moore, Gene Mruczkowski, Clint Oldenburg, Marcellus Rivers, Justin Rogers, Quinton Smith, Testaverde, Santonio Thomas, Dante Wesley, and Zach West.

No Moss, no Caldwell. And Tom Brady makes the team.

Browns let Ken Dorsey go and keep Derek Anderson...

also

Waived: Running back Chris Barclay, offensive lineman Andrew Hoffman, tight end Ryan Krause, offensive lineman Cliff Louis, receiver Maurice Mann, offensive lineman Fred Matua, cornerback DeMario Minter, nose tacklke Baba Oshinowo, defensive lineman Chase Pittman, offensive lineman Brent Pousson, defensive lineman Melila Purcell, Cleveland-native receiver Steve Sanders, linebacker Clifton Smith, offensive lineman Rob Smith and receiver Syndric Steptoe.

There was a rumor floating around here in C-Bus week 2 of preseason that Marvin was looking at Pittman for Cincy. Watson came alive a little the last game, but with Perry back on the PUP, they are hurting for a backup. Wonder if anything will come of that. :D

Being as how I have Pittman on my dynasty roster along with Rudi, I have to say I like the sound of that!!

Edited by rattsass

Niner cuts- only notable one for me is RB Thomas Clayton. I thought he looked very good in preseason.

The 49ers waived veterans S Darnell Bing, LB Colby Bockwoldt, T Harvey Dahl, T Damane Duckett, WR Bryan Gilmore, TE Zachery Hilton, DE Sam Rayburn and S Vickiel Vaughn, first-year players FB Zak Keasey and T Tavares Washington and rookies RB Thomas Clayton, TE Zack Herold and LB Mark Washington.