[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Notable Players Cut

PaulOttCarruth

Cardinals Moves

The Arizona Cardinals Football Club today announced that the team has released the following 21 players: cornerback MICHAEL ADAMS, running back STEVE BAYLARK, quarterback SHANE BOYD, quarterback LANG CAMPBELL, linebacker BUSTER DAVIS, tackle BRANDON GORIN, linebacker DAVID HOLLOWAY, cornerback DARRELL HUNTER, guard BRIAN JOHNSON, safety BRANDON KEELER, defensive tackle JONATHAN LEWIS, wide receiver LERON MCCOY, tackle QASIM MITCHELL, center SCOTT PETERS, tight end ALEX SHOR, wide receiver MICHEAL SPURLOCK, middle linebacker PAGO TOGAFAU, wide receiver MATT TRANNON, tackle ELLIOT VALLEJO, fullback ROSHON VERCHER, and cornerback JUSTIN WYATT.

He looked good in the action where I saw him. Hopefully he catches on somewhere.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm VERY surprised the Kitties cut Hartwell.

The other weird thing this year, though, is the number of draft picks getting the axe -- including first-day guys like Quentin Moses and Buster Davis, along with A. Pittman. :D

I wonder if Green Bay will take a look at Shelton or Pittman...

I dont like the Pittman move at ALL. I understand Pierre has gained yards and looked good thurs night but he is SLOW to explode to the hole. Almost looks like he is moving in slow motion! Waiting for the hole to open? I doubt it.... Looks like he has heavy legs to me. Pittman needs a chance with someone if it isnt the Saints. I am not a OSU fan or even really a Pittman fan but I think he has way more potential than Pierre!

It may be better for him personally. He wasn't ever likley to get significant time behind Deuce and Bush. Now he should get picked up by a team with a REAL need at RB, where he'll get a real chance to play. Green Bay? Cleveland? Chicago? Detroit? Indy?

Here is what remains of the Vikings backfield:

Running Backs

- Chester Taylor

- Adrian Peterson

- Mewelde Moore

Fullbacks

- Tony Richardson

- Jeff Dugan

- Naufahu Tahi

I'd be surprised if they don't add to the three RBs on the roster.

Maybe Antonio Pittman or DeDe Dorsey? OF course they could just convert Tahi to halfback.