[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TO sees no difference between dog fighting and hunting deer

Randall

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most people who condem other people just because other people do not share their point of view aren't wired right.

You mean like our criminal justice system? :D

There is no gray area to me. If you enjoy torturing animals (NOT killing - TORTURING) or if you condone it, you aren't wired right.

:D Then you don't enjoy hunting, right? Many animals are only wounded & end up dying a slow,agonizing, tortuous death.

:D Then you don't enjoy hunting, right? Many animals are only wounded & end up dying a slow,agonizing, tortuous death.

No, I do not hunt. I do not enjoy killing. I don't like to witness death. I take no enjoyment from death.

The Founding Fathers had a term for the type of society we are forced to live in today: 'Tyranny of the masses'.

Just because some people believed that drinking is wrong, prohibition was passed. Someone gets killed in a car using a cell phone, so using cell phones in cars are illegal (since people have been killed changing the radio stations, should radios be pulled out of cars as well?). The 'do-gooders' refuse to understand, accept, or tolerate the fact that other people have different values than they do. Even though 90% of the country feels that soemthing is morally corrupt, they have no right to subject their will on the 10% of free Americans that do not share those values. This is exactly what our Founding Fathers fought against and were afraid of "Tyranny of the masses'.

The Founding Fathers had a term for the type of society we are forced to live in today: 'Tyranny of the masses'.

Just because some people believed that drinking is wrong, prohibition was passed. Someone gets killed in a car using a cell phone, so using cell phones in cars are illegal (since people have been killed changing the radio stations, should radios be pulled out of cars as well?). The 'do-gooders' refuse to understand, accept, or tolerate the fact that other people have different values than they do. Even though 90% of the country feels that soemthing is morally corrupt, they have no right to subject their will on the 10% of free Americans that do not share those values. This is exactly what our Founding Fathers fought against and were afraid of "Tyranny of the masses'.

So your point is that anarchy is the way to go. They have that over in Iraq, and it seems to be working out well for them.

You keep changing the focus of your argument, but you are just chasing your tail. According to your logic, rapist, child molesters, and other criminals are oppressed in this country and you think that is just not right. You are one scary dude.

So your point is that anarchy is the way to go. They have that over in Iraq, and it seems to be working out well for them.

You keep changing the focus of your argument, but you are just chasing your tail. According to your logic, rapist, child molesters, and other criminals are oppressed in this country and you think that is just not right. You are one scary dude.

First set goes to ratsass. :D

I don't want to get in this argument again...but let me pose this. All I ever hear is it was illegal so it was wrong....that somehow that something that is morally questionable can still be legal? I mean...what gives. People in Nevada in 2004 said in exit polling that they went to the polls to vote and family values was the number one thing that drove them there. At the same time....the ammendment to ban prostitution in Nevada was defeated soundly. Do you see the conundrum? Just because it is illegal doesn't make what it worse from a moral standpoint that which is legal. I think it is a false argument.

Seen any boxers running for public office lately.

Seems to me that the object to boxing is to knock your guy out.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

worms on a hook must feel real good.

Government has known about dogfighting for years. Just like they known about alot of things and let it slide.

Bombs and terrorist are out but drugs just some how make it over the boarder.

I think they are just ticked off that Vick made somebody look bad for that airport incident awhile back.

I don't want to get in this argument again...but let me pose this. All I ever hear is it was illegal so it was wrong....that somehow that something that is morally questionable can still be legal? I mean...what gives. People in Nevada in 2004 said in exit polling that they went to the polls to vote and family values was the number one thing that drove them there. At the same time....the ammendment to ban prostitution in Nevada was defeated soundly. Do you see the conundrum? Just because it is illegal doesn't make what it worse from a moral standpoint that which is legal. I think it is a false argument.

I'm not trying to make the case that if somehing is illegal it is automatically morally wrong. That was not the point.

There are plenty of laws that I think are unfair. However, none of those involve intentionally torturing another living being.

:D Oh you are so funny. So saying that 51% of the population having the right to tell the other 49% how to live is not right now constitutes anarchy. Do you realize how stupid that sounds?

Extrapolating that to rapist, child molesters, and other criminals is so Willie Horton of you. It really shows how closed-minded you are. And can clearly cannot think of anything other than in terms black or white. It is really quite sad. :D

Edited by DKF

Vick watered down and electrocuted dogs, hung them and then drowned the ones still alive.

Illegal and immoral often meet, but no they are not necessarily connected.

As for family values that term needs definition. To me hating large segments of the population is not a family value.

Hunters at least attempt to get the quick, clean kill. That is their goal. They also do it for the meat, almost always eating what they kill. Yes, they display trophies, but they don't trap the deer and electrocute them.

Dogfighting is purpouseful torture of intelligent animals to satisfy only a lust for all things violent And let me say that I do not hunt, but I do fish, and dogfighting is wrong.

If that is your culture, then it is my right to believe your culture is backward and wrong.

edited for spelling, typing fast...

Edited by STL Fan

I hunt and it's not just for sport. It's also for managaing the herd, its for controlling the population, its for food, its for controlling diseases. You idiots never seize to amaze me. Yup I go out and I kill deer cause I'm a cruel cruel human being. :D

I'm not a hunter, but hunting does has some positive benefits. Most notable of these benefits is the prevention of overpopulation, especially with regard to deer. Due to a lack of predators, if deer were not hunted in certain areas there would be massive overpopulation, and as a result mass starvation. Most of the hunters I know (though I know relatively few) do eat most of the deer they kill, or pass the meat along to friends/family members.

There are good and bad aspects about hunting, but it does offer at least some positive social benefit.

I can't see how breeding dogs to fight one another and then slaughtering the losers has any social benefit whatsoever.

Hunters at least attempt to get the quick, clean kill. That is their goal. They also do it for the meat, almost always eating what they kill. Yes, they display trophies, but they don't trap the deer and electrocute them.

Dogfighting is purpouseful torture of intelligent animals to satisfy only a lust for all things violent And let me say that I do not hunt, but I do fish, and dogfighting is wrong.

If that is your culture, then it is my right to belive your culture is backward and wrong.

Whoa, a rational person? What is this world coming to. :D

Well, there is a first time for everything...............

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: DKF.

· View this post

· Squeeze me a little harder DKF

:D Oh you are so funny. So saying that 51% of the population having the right to tell the other 49% how to live is not right now constitutes anarchy. Do you realize how stupid that sounds?

Extrapolating that to rapist, child molesters, and other criminals is so Willie Horton of you. It really shows how closed-minded you are. And can clearly not thing of anything else other than terms of black or white. It is really quite sad. :D

there are things in the world which are black and white and between them are all the shades of gray. Because a person sees something as black or white does not mean they are closed-minded. Your argument is people either see things as black and white or shades of gray. That in itself is an all-or-nothing statement, basically black or white.

In this case the intentional torture of an animal for fun is wrong, there is no gray area. Hunters do not intentionally torture animals but aim to make the animals death as quick as possible. Whether hunting is cruel is a gray area. In many places animal populations that are not controlled by hunters would die of starvation which is a much more cruel death.

If that is your culture, then it is my right to belive your culture is backward and wrong.

And you are perfectly entitled to feel that way.

Vick did not feel that way. He broke the laws and will now pay the consequnces for that. Similarly, the way I pay the consquences for getting pulled over for not wearing my seat belt. I know its a law. I choose to disobey it. Vick knew the law he chose to disobey it.

But you really should be more tolerant of other people's upbring, beliefs, and culture.

Do we really have to have this conversation again?

newsflash:

Some people don't like killing animals no matter how they are killed.

Some people grew up in an environment where hunting was the norm, regardless of whether you eat the thing or not.

No one is going to agree to the others point.

Killing dogs is illegal, hunting deer is NOT, so get over it.

there are things in the world which are black and white and between them are all the shades of gray. Because a person sees something as black or white does not mean they are closed-minded. Your argument is people either see things as black and white or shades of gray. That in itself is an all-or-nothing statement, basically black or white.

In this case the intentional torture of an animal for fun is wrong, there is no gray area. Hunters do not intentionally torture animals but aim to make the animals death as quick as possible. Whether hunting is cruel is a gray area. In many places animal populations that are not controlled by hunters would die of starvation which is a much more cruel death.

:D

Personally I neither support or condone dog figthing or hunting. I do however, understand that other people have different values than myself.

You comment about "Your argument is people either see things as black and white or shades of gray. That in itself is an all-or-nothing statement, basically black or white. " is not correct, because I am refering to one person in particular, not all people.

And you are perfectly entitled to feel that way.

Vick did not feel that way. He broke the laws and will now pay the consequnces for that. Similarly, the way I pay the consquences for getting pulled over for not wearing my seat belt. I know its a law. I choose to disobey it. Vick knew the law he chose to disobey it.

But you really should be more tolerant of other people's upbring, beliefs, and culture.

Let me ask you a question, Mr. Tolerant. In some cultures, when a girl reaches puberty she is sexually mutilated by her tribe to prevent her from having sex. This is a cultural thing.

Would you tolerate this, Mr. Ghandi?

Let me ask you a question, Mr. Tolerant. In some cultures, when a girl reaches puberty she is sexually mutilated by her tribe to prevent her from having sex. This is a cultural thing.

Would you tolerate this, Mr. Ghandi?

What tribe is this ? and how are they still around if they kill any chance of reproducing?