[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How do you say it?

DMD

How do you say it?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. When you have something perfected

• I have it down pat
    • I have it down packed

If my wife ever thought to disagree with me, she'd be "down packed". That is, she would "pack" her stuff in suitcases and get on "down" the road. Real men know how to deal with their wives.

werd on Choty

As my bride is fond of saying, "We wear shoes on both feet." I think she is refering to not knowing how a person feels until you have been in their situation. And, "Well, they never wrote back," meaning "...that's all she wrote..."

They speak a whole different language. :D

never heard " down packed " in my life

Add another to this list. :D

Now I should definitely add some advice here DMD... your FIRST reaction to this poll will be to gloat and to show your wife just how absurdly wrong she is. You MUST resist this temptation. It's ok to gently, lovingly, show her that she might be less than 100% corret on this one little issue, but if you overplay your hand on this, you will be sleeping on teh couch for a week.

Okay, who's the wiseass that voted for "down packed" this late in the game? :D

Mrs. DMD??? :D

:wacko:

Either one of two things happened here...

1) Mrs. DMD is a Huddler

or

2) DMD, seeing how correct he is via the landslide vote, chose "down packed" as HIS vote...just to show the wifey that, although whe is waaaay off base here, he DID support her in the face of Huddle criticism.

I have discovered recently that while there is nothing to gain from bringing this back up to the Mrs., there could be plenty to lose. Therefore I will desist with this, thereby proving that I have this marraige thing down packed.

Seems like either "champing" or "chomping" would be accurate, though I always thought "champing" was the correct word.

The mrs dmd alias revealed.

I have discovered recently that while there is nothing to gain from bringing this back up to the Mrs., there could be plenty to lose. Therefore I will desist with this, thereby proving that I have this marraige thing down packed.

And if you think otherwise you have another "thing" coming. :D