[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bears @ Chargers

Goopster24

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got back from the game...

D looked GREAT, O looked BAD. That goes for both teams. I'm more of the opinion that it ws a typically first game offenses being out of sync while the D's were ready to go.

I know everyone's bagging on Benson, but he had a couple of nice runs and did in fact put a pretty slick juke on someone near the end of the 3rd quarter. I think timing is certainly an issue with this team, and it's something they can fix.

No Wolfe or Olsen. Olsen should change things as well.

BTW - Charger fans are the worst smack talkers: Bears Suck! was often the best they could do, when they weren't chanting "you can't run" which was prmptly turned around on them once LT was clearly having an off day.

Bears lost this game, that's for sure. And as bad as Rex was, Rivers wasn't any better.

BTW - what was the penalty called on the Chargers that nullified the previous offside penalty on the Bears? The Ref's mics weren't working and I couldn't figure out the dead ball foul. Were there 12 men in the huddle?

D looked GREAT, O looked BAD. That goes for both teams. I'm more of the opinion that it ws a typically first game offenses being out of sync while the D's were ready to go.

I know everyone's bagging on Benson, but he had a couple of nice runs and did in fact put a pretty slick juke on someone near the end of the 3rd quarter. I think timing is certainly an issue with this team, and it's something they can fix.

BTW - Charger fans are the worst smack talkers: Bears Suck! was often the best they could do, when they weren't chanting "you can't run" which was prmptly turned around on them once LT was clearly having an off day.

Bears lost this game, that's for sure. And as bad as Rex was, Rivers wasn't any better.

BTW - what was the penalty called on the Chargers that nullified the previous offside penalty on the Bears? The Ref's mics weren't working and I couldn't figure out the dead ball foul. Were there 12 men in the huddle?

I was at the game too. The Bears D is as good as advertised. The four turnovers by Chicago were obviously pivotal in the Bolts win as well as Chicago's failed fourth down try in the last quarter.

As far as smack talking goes, I would've obviously done much better than "Bears suck". :D

How many Bears fans were there? Seems like half the stadium was rooting for them? What's up with that Charger fan?

We can't help it if people in Chicago want out of the God forsaken place. There should be a new rule, if you move to San Diego you root for the Bolts or you move back home.

Yes 12 men in the huddle.

Charger fans ARE really bad smack talkers! :D That is for sure. We have been so bad for so long, it will take a decade to do anything more than mindless high school drivel. Personnally, I don't believe in smack talk. It is rude and classless. Old school sprtsmanship and subtle comments are more effective on the fileld.

I think that this was a great defensive game. You are looking at two of the premier Ds in the NFL, week one, when the Os still need to get in synch. Anyone making major roster moves in FF based on week one are generally loser teams.

I disagree that the Bears lost this game however. I think that both Ds were making plays, but the team with the better offense found a way to get it done at the end. Heck, the Chargers left at least six more points on the field. That game could just as easily been 20 - 3 or 24 - 3 if it weren't for the great play of the Bears D and STs.

The Bears on the otherhand were shut down all the way offensively and beside the drive off of the turnover, were never really a threat. The Bears do not face many teams in the NFC that have Ds like the Chargers. I was probably as frustrated with the Charger O as you were with the Bears O. Those 18-yard square ins were there all day against the Chargers, but there was not enough time due to preassure to throw them consistently enough. The Chargers D was giving that up, not let anything behind them and rely on the front to put preassure. Given the circumstances, I thought Grossman had a pretty good game. He certainly was NOT the reason you lost.

In the end, the great players on the field for the Bolts won this game as great players do, they found a way. LTs pass to Gates and a solid drive to burn clock and classic LT goaline score. Despide a "horrible" day for LT, he still scored a TD and threw for another one! Turner came in, and ground yardage out the hard way with fresh legs against a tiring Bears D.

Obviously as a Charger fan, I am happy with the outcome, especially having to go to New England next week. But all-in-all, I thought it was a great, defensive game, if you like to watch these types of games. To me it was WAAAYYYY better than the Giants/Cowboy game. :D I fell asleep.

How many Bears fans were there? Seems like half the stadium was rooting for them? What's up with that Charger fan?

Alot of people in San Diego are from Chicago. I'm from Illinois too. It's all about the weather. :D

Alot of people in San Diego are from Chicago. I'm from Illinois too. It's all about the weather. :wacko:

Yah! I am living in the DC area now and I don't run into nearly as many people from other states, en mass, the way you do in SoCal. I just don't see 50 or 60 thousand people in San Diego suddenly saying, "Hey, let's all move to DC, Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, etc."

I do see that easily going the other way though! :wacko: Oh, ummmm, it already has... :D

I've been a Charger fan for too long to just change my favorite team to the Foreskins just 'cause I live her. At least not in the near future. Sure, they are the local team and I will folow them, and maybe if I'm here long enough, and my kids get into the skins, I will too, but after 30 years of being loyal and mostly suffering with my Boltz, I don't see that allegiance changing any time soon. :D