[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Falcons Lockeroom Altercation

SuperCharger

After the pass interference penalty and the jamming penalty Hall was mocking the ref and I guess the ref had enough of it and flagged him for unsportsman like.

I understand that but he said all the calls went against him to that point and I'm not sure he's wrong. Jamming a player on the LOS isn't illegal.

I understand that but he said all the calls went against him to that point and I'm not sure he's wrong. Jamming a player on the LOS isn't illegal.

I wasn't debating the validity of the calls, I'm challenging Hall's professionalism and lack there of. Voice your concern to your coaches, let them jaw with the refs. Hall's actions were immature and were very costly to the team.

After the pass interference penalty and the jamming penalty Hall was mocking the ref and I guess the ref had enough of it and flagged him for unsportsman like.

Good for the ref!! :D ... these dang punks think they can do or say just about anything and get away with it. It is what it is, now deal with it. :D

He's not a second-guesser, but it sure would not surprise me. And I'm willing to bet that as unpopular as he was in Louisville, they miss him a lot. Their season is a shambles already.

"With the First pick of the 2008 NFL draft the Atlanta Falcons select Brian Brohm QB Louisville"

.......Panthers have the ball on their own 21 yd line with 3:30+ to play, ran it down the Falcons 8 man front, gaining 3 1st downs on the ground...moving the chains and making Atlanta burn it's 2 remaining time-outs. I saw the Panthers hold them to a FG making it 27-20, then just smash mouth with the running game. The Falcons played well in a division game at home, but a little to much anti-credit being bally-hooed about. DeShaun Foster 122 rushing yards and a TD, 13 rec yds and a TD. So, I'd say it was what DF did to the Falcons more than anything which is being lost in talk about the DHall fiasco.

You maybe right but you keep forgetting that they probably would not have had the opportunity to play smash mouth football with DF if it was not for the penalties that hall gave them. It was Hall who gave that opportunity to the Panthers and it sure seems that was the main reason for the win.

Hall and Smith had been jawing all day and especially hard in the second half. Some time before all the penalties started Smith said something and Hall shoved him in the back without getting caught by the refs.

Then Smith beats Hall deep and for the first time Delhomme had time to throw it to him, so Hall tackled him to prevent a touchdown (probably should have just taken his chances). Smith was all over him after that - rightfully so - and it appeard he was winning the jawing battle, keeping his relative cool while DeAngelo started to boil over.

Next play Hall jams him in the shoulder pads at the line very hard. Shouldn't have been a penalty but he got flagged for a blow to the head. This is the ONE call that went against Hall that shouldn't have.

The D steps up, appears to have them stopped on yet another Abraham sack, and DeAngelo continues beeyaching at the refs and gets another flag allowing the drive to continue.

All of that really changed the momentum and the Falcons couldn't get much going on offense afterwards either. When they finally did Horn dropped a TD pass in the endzone forcing a FG to get within 7. Then, as PD pointed out, Foster rammed it down the Falcon's throats.

So, while that whole exchange didn't win the game for the Panthers it certainly didn't hurt. And while Smith's production was partially because of good coverage by DeAngelo it was mostly due to the intense pressure Delhomme was under all day.

At this point it appears some team from the NFC South will go to the playoffs because they have to take one of them, not because they deserve it.

Hall and Smith had been jawing all day and especially hard in the second half. Some time before all the penalties started Smith said something and Hall shoved him in the back without getting caught by the refs....

At this point it appears some team from the NFC South will go to the playoffs because they have to take one of them, not because they deserve it.

Thanks for the clarification. All I saw was a few highlights.

Boomer Esiason & Craig Carton eluded this morning to the fact that DeAngelo Hall "got his a$$ kicked" in the locker room yesterday after the game. But they didn't expand upon it much - at least while I was listening. I hope they were accurate. I hope this punk took a physical beating. Oh wait I forgot, he's black, he can do what ever he wants.

Boomer Esiason & Craig Carton eluded this morning to the fact that DeAngelo Hall "got his a$$ kicked" in the locker room yesterday after the game. But they didn't expand upon it much - at least while I was listening. I hope they were accurate. I hope this punk took a physical beating. Oh wait I forgot, he's black, he can do what ever he wants.

Some players take winning and losing more seriously then personal accomplishments and stats. I would think those type of people would take exception to Hall as a teammate and after what he pulled lastnight.

http://sports.aol.com/nfl/story/_a/falcons...01?ecid=RSS0001

"We certainly don't like the actions that took place on the field and do not like the actions that happened on the sideline and that's something that we'll deal with," Petrino said. "There will be substantial discipline. It will be handled in-house."

When asked if Hall could be suspended next Sunday against Houston, Petrino said: "We haven't come to any conclusions yet. We're keeping all our options open, but we certainly will do something."

Part of that was complete bs. Yes the deep ball was PI, but the hit off the line of scrimmage was fine, just playing smashmouth, and the jawing back and forth was crap, Smith and Hall were both guilty. Game we should've won. Petrino better not touch him.

Possibly, but you don't get in your coach's face and expect to get away clean.

Edited by SuperCharger

Possibly, but you don't get in your coach's face and expect to get away clean.

Yeah maybe a fine, but he's by far our best defensive asset, you don't take him off the field. Guy SHUT DOWN Steve Smith, something I didn't see coming. I loved the hit off the line of scrimmage too, because you know Smith was talking too.

Yeah maybe a fine, but he's by far our best defensive asset, you don't take him off the field. Guy SHUT DOWN Steve Smith, something I didn't see coming. I loved the hit off the line of scrimmage too, because you know Smith was talking too.

If he's the best Atlanta defender then overall draft pick #1 is a lock.

Part of that was complete bs. Yes the deep ball was PI, but the hit off the line of scrimmage was fine, just playing smashmouth, and the jawing back and forth was crap, Smith and Hall were both guilty. Game we should've won. Petrino better not touch him.

broncos, why in God's name do you always stand up for the true azzholes?? :D

.......Panthers have the ball on their own 21 yd line with 3:30+ to play, ran it down the Falcons 8 man front, gaining 3 1st downs on the ground...moving the chains and making Atlanta burn it's 2 remaining time-outs. I saw the Panthers hold them to a FG making it 27-20, then just smash mouth with the running game. The Falcons played well in a division game at home, but a little to much anti-credit being bally-hooed about. DeShaun Foster 122 rushing yards and a TD, 13 rec yds and a TD. So, I'd say it was what DF did to the Falcons more than anything which is being lost in talk about the DHall fiasco.

Correct me if I'm wrong PD, but I thought I heard on espn tonight that Hall had 67 yds worth of penalties on one of Carolina's scoring drives.....

The shove at the line was at his helmet and pushed it backwards, which is why it was flagged. Smith is not some pansy that a shove in the chest would have caused the reaction like it did. It should have been flagged and the ref missed a call earlier where Hall got in his face again when the play was whistled dead and he gave Smith a shot after it was over....

Correct me if I'm wrong PD, but I thought I heard on espn tonight that Hall had 67 yds worth of penalties on one of Carolina's scoring drives.....

Yes. 37 for when he tackled Smith after he was beaten. 15 for the shot to the face coming of the line and another 15 when he was talking crap to the ref after JA sacked Jake and would have caused us to kick a FG.