[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Race Car Sets

Footballjoe

My son was cleaning out his closet yesterday and he came across his Race Car set. You know the one I am talking about. The electric one with the black tracks that interlock and have the metal strips. When you first get it, it works great but in no time they seem worthless. These things have been around forever. has anyone come across a new and imroved set? Just wondering. Thanks

How random.. on Saturday I was walkin around target and saw those sets and remembered having fun with them as a kid. I was debating picking up a set for my son's 3rd birthday as he loved cars and racecars, etc. Granted, he's probably a bit too young for that and would break the cars pushing them around the house.... but it was a thought.

So, to answer your question, haven't seen anythng that I would call improved, but they do have a few sets at Target.

How random.. on Saturday I was walkin around target and saw those sets and remembered having fun with them as a kid. I was debating picking up a set for my son's 3rd birthday as he loved cars and racecars, etc. Granted, he's probably a bit too young for that and would break the cars pushing them around the house.... but it was a thought.

So, to answer your question, haven't seen anythng that I would call improved, but they do have a few sets at Target.

Our son will be three in December. We bought him an electric Thomas set at Toys R Us. It's a hugh set that has separate tracks for trains and roads for buses. I'm pretty sure I've had as much fun with it as him.

Right now my son is not so into Thomas.... he is really into Little Einsteins and Curious George at the moment, but that set certainly sounds like a good isea. He really does like cars, trains, planes, etc.

My son isn't in to the show at all, but he digs the train set. It's easy enough for him to get the trains on and off the track. It's also quite big. But big toys equal big fun. I have it set up differently then it's supposed to be set up. My son kept knocking over the road for the bus, so I made it a bit smaller.

Edited by Egret