[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New England vs. Dallas

Cowboyz1

Ok, it's finally here and due to some serious luck, some serious grit by Romo hanging in there, the Cowboy's D, and rookie Nick Folk, we are still undefeated at 5-0.

Buffalo Bill's you got Folked!

That being said, the measuring stick for both teams is upon us. Let the rhetoric begin.

Things that worry me about this game:

1. Belichick

2. Belichick

3. Belichick, he just has a knack for taking things away through scheme and has the veteran talent to execute.

4. What do we do when Brady and Co. goes 4 and 5 wide and spread us out? Newman, who is not at all healthy as evidenced by being caught from behind last night, will be matched up on Moss and will need help I suspect, which means Reeves will be singled up on either Stallworth or Welker and the other covered by Nate Jones! RW, Hamiln and Watkins will be responsible for doubling Moss AND covering Watson, Welker and Stallworth. Linebackers will have to watch the dink and dunk with Morris and Faulk coming out of the back field. Bradie James will have to be responsible for run support and TE's in the seam. He can run with them but that's a lot of coverage responsibility and gap control in the running game. James is key here.

5. Can we get pressure up front with 4 or 5 rushers? Ellis must have a good game as with Ware. They cannot, get caught up field like they have being doing and hold the edge.

6. We start off very slow. That can’t happen Sunday. New England knows this and will exploit it to pressure our young team in a game that already has an immense amount of pressure.

7. Turnovers, obviously Romo can’t play like he did last night and I suspect that was just a horrible night. However, Buffalo did some things on Defense that confused him early, and if the Bills can confuse him, you can just imagine what Belichick will have in his box of tricks.

So those are the things I worry about but here is how we win this game:

New England will give up points, as they haven’t been shutting down teams just out scoring them. Dallas has the weapons to pressure that Defense and is physical enough to play 60 with the Pats. Romo can light up any defense when he is on so I am not worried about scoring with them either.

We will pressure Brady up the middle and tackle well on the dump offs. Make New England earn every point.

NO Turnovers

We will stop their running game as the boys play stout on run defense.

New England’s run defense is not all that great and we will pound the ball all day wearing New England’s defense out with steady dose of Marion Barber.

New England has faced no one and neither have we but I have to give New England the edge in experience and battle hardness but the Cowboys are young, strong, smart and hungry.

Witten will not be covered in this game despite them trying to take him away. He is that good and none of their linebackers are fast but they are very smart.

I think Buffalo did us a favor by playing us hard and allowing the Cowboys to steal one. Confidence will be high.

TO will make a big play in this one, he’s due.

Prediction: New England’s Defense wears out in the forth Quarter and shows their age at linebackers which allows us to drive for winning 3. Barber has 100 yards. Brady gets sacked 4 times.

Cowboys 24 New England 23, in a great game.

If this game were in New England, after last night, we lose, but at home I believe we can beat them.

Edited by Cowboyz1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends entirely on Romo...

It depends heavily on Romo, but I'd say that it depends just as much on Dallas' suspect secondary. The Pats look like the second coming of the '96 Packers right now and Dallas is going to need a HUGH effort from their corners and safeties.

New England will give up points, as they haven’t been shutting down teams just out scoring them. Dallas has the weapons to pressure that Defense and is physical enough to play 60 with the Pats. Romo can light up any defense when he is on so I am not worried about scoring with them either.

New England’s run defense is not all that great and we will pound the ball all day wearing New England’s defense out with steady dose of Marion Barber.

These two statements are inaccurate. Not even close to accurate. Hellen Keller playing pin the tail on the donkey inaccurate. George W Bush looking for WMD's inaccurate.

The Pats are tied for 3rd in the league for the least amount of points per game allowed. They are 5th in rushing defense per game. They are 6th in passing defense per game. They are 3rd in time of possession. Turnover ratio is not listed, but I would have to guess they are high on the list.

What can I say....I think this is going to be a great game. I hope it lives up to the hype, and I think it will as a hard fought battle of 2 very good teams. Those reasons you listed are just not telling the true tale.

Edited by Caveman_Nick

The memories of New Orleans and Philadelphia from last year are still fresh in my mind. I'll hold off on any pronouncements until they prove themselves against a quality opponent. New England is a team that has proven themselves again and again, while Dallas is still an upstart with no playoff wins in 11 years. I'm looking forward to the game, and hoping for the best. However, I won't get down if Dallas loses. They still haven't proven themselves a true member of the upper crust until they take care of business in a big game.

DALLAS 30 Pats 26

I see the Boyz winning this one. The Bills game couldn't have come at a better time with that outcome. When you can come from behind and win the way they did, the confidence of the team sky rockets and in sports it's all about how you are mentally. If you go into the game thinking it's Big Brady and Randy and that D...you've already lost. The Cowboyz know they will stick together even if things look bad. Romo won't have another game like that for a long long time if ever again. Cleveland was able to shut down Randy. All we have to do is watch the tape.

DALLAS 30 Pats 26

I see the Boyz winning this one. The Bills game couldn't have come at a better time with that outcome. When you can come from behind and win the way they did, the confidence of the team sky rockets and in sports it's all about how you are mentally. If you go into the game thinking it's Big Brady and Randy and that D...you've already lost. The Cowboyz know they will stick together even if things look bad. Romo won't have another game like that for a long long time if ever again. Cleveland was able to shut down Randy. All we have to do is watch the tape.

How does almost losing to one of worst teams in the NFL build confidence? If they had come back and beat a legit team, I could see what you mean.

PS when you shut down Randy, what are you going to do about Watson and Stallworth? All you have to do is watch the CLE tape.

These two statements are inaccurate. Not even close to accurate. Hellen Keller playing pin the tail on the donkey inaccurate. George W Bush looking for WMD's inaccurate.

The Pats are tied for 3rd in the league for the least amount of points per game allowed. They are 5th in rushing defense per game. They are 6th in passing defense per game. They are 3rd in time of possession. Turnover ratio is not listed, but I would have to guess they are high on the list.

What can I say....I think this is going to be a great game. I hope it lives up to the hype, and I think it will as a hard fought battle of 2 very good teams. Those reasons you listed are just not telling the true tale.

They can be run on, look at who they have played against, Jets Thomas Jones, Cincy Rudi and Watson, Buffalo and Cleveland, who of them can run the ball. They caught San Diego at a good time because LT can still play. The Cowboys can run the ball and will. They have a better running game and O line then any they have faced. 14, 14, 7, 13, and 17 points. That's more then the Cowboys Defense has given up to similar BAD teams recently! Oh and by the way the Cowboys are #7 against the run against similar BAD teams. I know for a fact we'll rush for over 130 in this game, you watch!

FIXED

Edited by Cowboyz1

They can be run on, look at who they have played against, Jets Thomas Jones, Cincy Rudi and Watson, Buffalo and Cleveland, who of them can run the ball. They caught San Diego at a good time because LT can still play. The Cowboys can run the ball and will. They have a better running game and O line then any they have faced. 14, 14, 7, 13, and 17 points. That's more then the Cowboys Defense has given up to similar BAD teams recently! Oh and by the way the Cowboys are #1 against the run against similar BAD teams. I know for a fact we'll rush for over 130 in this game, you watch!

I don't know where you get your information from, but the Cowboys are actually 7th against the run.

Look...I'm not trying to take anything away from your team. They are a good team. That doesn;t change the fact that you are putting information out that just isn't true regarding the Patriots defense.

If you want to try and separate out games on theschedule to make some kind of franken-point, go ahead....but the numbers on NFL.com refeute what you have posted so far.

Deja Vu! :D

If Dallas has any hope, it will lie in the fact that Phillips' defense is beginning to look like a Phillips defense.

In watching the game against the Bills, I started to see all kinds of movement that was so familiar to me as a Charger fan. I long for that type of aggressiveness up front (Cotrell coached the 3-4 very differently). That type of movement in the middle can cause Brady trouble, and Phillips has a track record of giving the Pats (as Charger DC) trouble.

The game is on the road, and the aging NE D will have to play faster and can tire faster. There are a lot of things going for Dallas in this game. The NE front seven can be manhandled as well in that environment and playing on a fast surface. The boys are a younger, more athletic and faster team and this should all play into the outcome.

What is sad, is that if this is the best the NFC has to offer at this point, the Superbowl could be kind of an anti-climax if Dallas is blow out of this one.

I see a close game that should be fun to watch! IF the Boys are close or ahead in the fourth quarter, I think they win the game by attrition. 27-24

Homerism rules, you all are seriously blinded. I would like to put a sig bet on this since money is not legal. Now way in hell Dallas even comes close to winning! EVER!!!! Dallas may need breaks and luck to win against the bottom dwellers of the AFC. New England just has to show to win against the NFC. Good luck Cowboys and may the schwartz be with you as I would love to see Pats lose being that they are AFC, but then I look at reality and realize the Pats are no Buffalo.

They can be run on, look at who they have played against, Jets Thomas Jones, Cincy Rudi and Watson, Buffalo and Cleveland, who of them can run the ball. They caught San Diego at a good time because LT can still play. The Cowboys can run the ball and will. They have a better running game and O line then any they have faced. 14, 14, 7, 13, and 17 points. That's more then the Cowboys Defense has given up to similar BAD teams recently! Oh and by the way the Cowboys are #1 against the run against similar BAD teams. I know for a fact we'll rush for over 130 in this game, you watch!

Oh, like the 20 to the Dolphins and the 24 last night to the Bills? :D We won't even mention the 35 to the Giants. All more than the Pat's have given up to anyone this year, including the Bengals, their lowest point total by 8 points this year.

You cowboy fans can just keep making up stats to fit your best case scenario, but the facts speak for themselves.

When do the sig line bets start?? :D I know you cowboy fans will be willing to back up the big talk...

I don't know where you get your information from, but the Cowboys are actually 7th against the run.

Look...I'm not trying to take anything away from your team. They are a good team. That doesn;t change the fact that you are putting information out that just isn't true regarding the Patriots defense.

If you want to try and separate out games on theschedule to make some kind of franken-point, go ahead....but the numbers on NFL.com refeute what you have posted so far.

You are correct Fixed, I sort the thing wrong. Doesn't change the fact we are as good against the run as anyone in the league when it counts.

See CHI vs. ARZ 2006. Worked for them!

Yeah, it worked to expose Grossman as a choke-master who folds under pressure. It also worked to divide the locker room and eventually force Grossman to the bench. I wouldn't expect the same to happen to Romo, but that's a really stupid example.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Oh, like the 20 to the Dolphins and the 24 last night to the Bills? :D We won't even mention the 35 to the Giants. All more than the Pat's have given up to anyone this year, including the Bengals, their lowest point total by 8 points this year.

You cowboy fans can just keep making up stats to fit your best case scenario, but the facts speak for themselves.

When do the sig line bets start?? :D I know you cowboy fans will be willing to back up the big talk...

THE DEFENSE giving up points to the OFFENSE. Not turnovers or run backs.

How does almost losing to one of worst teams in the NFL build confidence? If they had come back and beat a legit team, I could see what you mean.

PS when you shut down Randy, what are you going to do about Watson and Stallworth? All you have to do is watch the CLE tape.

It's not about how bad the Bills were coming in. After the 1st quarter everyone knew that the worst team in the NFL was still in the locker room and those Bills we played were from the early 90s...Maybe Kelly and Thurman tallked to them prior to the game. Anytime you can come from behind and dramatically take a game it doesn't matter how bad the team was that the game was taken from. The confidence goes up because you know that no matter what it's not over until the final whisle blows. That's the mindset and momentum we'll have waitng for New England where that 12th man the Bills had will be on our side.

BTW Stallworth should've been tackled. We won't miss tackles like that. Watson will get his but not like he did vs Cleveland.

RW, Hamiln and Watkins...

While we're on the subject of teh Boyz secondary... When the f**k is Roy Williams going to start getting suspended for these horsecollars? :D He blatantly tried to injure Lynch last night while he was running out of bounds. Then he got hit while good ole Roy was literally hanging off his shoulderpads (and facemask)! I saw another replay where he went for a horsie and missed it too. That dude is a menace. Ban his ass!!!! :D

Yeah, it worked to expose Grossman as a choke-master who folds under pressure. It also worked to divide the locker room and eventually force Grossman to the bench. I wouldn't expect the same to happen to Romo, but that's a really stupid example.

All's I'm saying is adversity builds confidence and Chicago believed they could win dispite poor play and that makes you fight all game long. It also makes you feel that you may have a little magic going on...........which is a powerful thing in sports.

Look to the Titan's after that Miracle return or the Bills when they rallied against Houston if you want better examples.

Edited by Cowboyz1

While we're on the subject of teh Boyz secondary... When the f**k is Roy Williams going to start getting suspended for these horsecollars? :D He blatantly tried to injure Lynch last night while he was running out of bounds. Then he got hit while good ole Roy was literally hanging off his shoulderpads (and facemask)! I saw another replay where he went for a horsie and missed it too. That dude is a menace. Ban his ass!!!! :D

I agree. He is why the rule was put in and then they called a face mask instead. Lynch could have easily been hurt like Mcnabb was when Roy started it. Next 1 should be at least a 1 game suspension or $100k fine. You can end a guy's career with that crap. Back to the subject at hand though... Cowboys 30 Pats 26!!! the 12th man Rulez

See CHI vs. ARZ 2006. Worked for them!

how can I refute such a compelling argument?

what DAL should be thinking about last night = (I) our passing attack (including the WRs, who dropped some pretty catchable balls) sucked against one of the worst passing Ds in the league; (II) our rushin attack sucked against one of the worst rushing Ds in the league; (III) we let up a special teams TD and turned the ball over 6 times; and (IV) if we repeat any of (I)-(III) next week against NE, we have no shot in hell of winning.

If anything, last night's game forces DAL to get serious - it certainly doesn't boost their confidence in any way.