[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New England vs. Dallas

Cowboyz1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not about how bad the Bills were coming in. After the 1st quarter everyone knew that the worst team in the NFL was still in the locker room and those Bills we played were from the early 90s...Maybe Kelly and Thurman tallked to them prior to the game. Anytime you can come from behind and dramatically take a game it doesn't matter how bad the team was that the game was taken from. The confidence goes up because you know that no matter what it's not over until the final whisle blows. That's the mindset and momentum we'll have waitng for New England where that 12th man the Bills had will be on our side.

BTW Stallworth should've been tackled. We won't miss tackles like that. Watson will get his but not like he did vs Cleveland.

True - it's about how bad the Bills ARE. Only reason DAL was able to take that game is that BUF's O was so inept that they couldn't muster any offensive points. I strongly disagree with the "anytime you can come from behind" statement - I've been on teams where we almost lost to craphouse squads a number of times and believe me, it didn't make us any more confident. It scared the crap out of us.

Sure you won't - and Moss will be shut down as well. If you've already taken Moss, Watson and Stallworth out of the game in your mind, no wonder you think the Boys have a good shot here.

All's I'm saying is adversity builds confidence and Chicago believed they could win dispite poor play and that makes you fight all game long. It also makes you feel that you may have a little magic going on...........which is a powerful thing in sports.

Look to the Titan's after that Miracle return or the Bills when they rallied against Houston if you want better examples.

Fair enough. I agree that finding a way to win on one's off-days is hugh. But you're ignoring the glaring fact that all three of those teams that you cited eventually lost in the SB because they were defeated by superior teams. I agree that confidence means a heck of a lot in football (or ANY sport, for that matter), but all of the confidence in the world isn't going to beat superior talent, superior coaching, and superior execution.

I am not sure I agree with those who think last nights game could not have come at a better time or was in anyway good for the Cowboys, IMO I feel that game was extremely emotionally taxing. It was a great game and I think the Cowboys got caught looking past the Bills, but with a shorter week and the amount of emotional energy that game took I just wonder how that will impact them this week. The Cowboys are at home so that definitely helps and I am vey much looking forward to this game but I admit that I will be suprised to see the Cowboys pull this game off, I will be pulling for them though.

Edited by SF409ers

how can I refute such a compelling argument?

what DAL should be thinking about last night = (I) our passing attack (including the WRs, who dropped some pretty catchable balls) sucked against one of the worst passing Ds in the league; (II) our rushin attack sucked against one of the worst rushing Ds in the league; (III) we let up a special teams TD and turned the ball over 6 times; and (IV) if we repeat any of (I)-(III) next week against NE, we have no shot in hell of winning.

If anything, last night's game forces DAL to get serious - it certainly doesn't boost their confidence in any way.

Well I guess you have never played team sports. So I'll let you in on what the coaches are selling and what the players are buying.

(I) our passing attack was sorry vs a team that came to play. Being the best team in the league you will get everyone's A game.

(II) Our rushing game suffered due to Tony's turn overs but no one hung their heads. We kept our will to win. Had we had 6 more drives instead of those tos the rush game would've done what it always does. Romo no more sleeping with models before a game.

(III) Let's watch the tape and get ready for New England who knows that they'll get our A game.

BTW being forced to focus and get serious is just as good as having high confidence. A combination of both preparation and confidence usually means a W.

Well I guess you have never played team sports. So I'll let you in on what the coaches are selling and what the players are buying.

(I) our passing attack was sorry vs a team that came to play. Being the best team in the league you will get everyone's A game.

(II) Our rushing game suffered due to Tony's turn overs but no one hung their heads. We kept our will to win. Had we had 6 more drives instead of those tos the rush game would've done what it always does. Romo no more sleeping with models before a game.

(III) Let's watch the tape and get ready for New England who knows that they'll get our A game.

BTW being forced to focus and get serious is just as good as having high confidence. A combination of both preparation and confidence usually means a W.

I love when people make assumptions about me based on nothing. Anyway, you think the coaches are selling increased confidence? If so, they are the worst coaches in the world. Any coach worth his salt would use this game as a warning/lesson/reality check and not try to use it to beef up his team's confidence (for, again, almost losing to a terrible team).

Being forced to focus will indeed help a team, but that's not what you said happened . . .

I love when people make assumptions about me based on nothing. Anyway, you think the coaches are selling increased confidence? If so, they are the worst coaches in the world. Any coach worth his salt would use this game as a warning/lesson/reality check and not try to use it to beef up his team's confidence (for, again, almost losing to a terrible team).

Being forced to focus will indeed help a team, but that's not what you said happened . . .

I don't think the coaches would use that at all but I would think it creates a better bond between the players themselves so long as this was an anomaly.

About a terrible team. Says who? Buffalo hadn't had a monday night game in 15 years. They were celebrating Thomas and these guys are pros. Any team in this league can put it together with the help of some good fortune and make a game of it with anyone. You should know that if you have been watching NFL football for very long.

The Bills came to play and you have to give them that. If they were more talented they would have won but desire can get you just so far and it was almost far enough last night.

Buffalo is a bad team but played way above their talent which I see every week. Watch ,New England WILL have a game where they are suppose to pound a team and get caught in a nail bitter. You can bet on that or do you think they will go Undefeated this year. Not likely.

Is it just me or does New England have a knack for turning a hyped game into a snoozer? I sincerely hope this is a good game, as I'm an NFL fan and don't really care who wins. But it seems to me that New England can be counted on to suck the suspense out of a "game of the week". And even if Romo and the 'Boys are riding high after beating Buffalo in one of the wilder finishes I've ever seen, they have to play better. Even though they are undefeated, the Cowboys haven't really impressed me on defense against anyone special. Best case scenario for Dallas is a shootout and hoping they can force a turnover at the right time.

Also, I'm stunned I haven't seen a UT sighting on this thread (knock on wood).

About a terrible team. Says who? Buffalo hadn't had a monday night game in 15 years. They were celebrating Thomas and these guys are pros. Any team in this league can put it together with the help of some good fortune and make a game of it with anyone. You should know that if you have been watching NFL football for very long.

The Bills came to play and you have to give them that. If they were more talented they would have won but desire can get you just so far and it was almost far enough last night.

Buffalo is a bad team but played way above their talent which I see every week. Watch ,New England WILL have a game where they are suppose to pound a team and get caught in a nail bitter. You can bet on that or do you think they will go Undefeated this year. Not likely.

Did they play above their talent? I'm not so sure. Way I recall, the majority of Romo's picks were thrown directly to the defenders - it's not like it took any special talent to make those picks. The block on the 10 that was caught in the endzone - that was a great play, but the others could've been picked by my 4 year old son. To be honest, I saw at least 3-4 other balls that should've been picked that weren't.

I definitely agree that they came to play, but that doesn't change the fact that they didn't play well. Think about it - 6 turnovers and they still lost! Their offense was an absolute joke and, when they weren't having INTs gift-wrapped by Romo, they couldn't stop DAL at all.

Good teams get surprised by lesser teams all the time - it's part of the game. My simple point is that when that happens, I don't think it boosts said team's confidence - at best, it scares them straight.

gee wizz, you cowkids get all hyped up!! Yee-Haw!!!...an spew all kinds of white lies. no more chocolate covered tootsie rolls for you....please get your facts straight.

you see kiddies, what you lost in your candy store excitement is,

THIS GAME is YOUR SEASON....but to the Patriots, it's just the next game on the schedule.

The Patriots are planning for you, make no mistake about that. VERY professionaly.

tony romeo will see things he has never seen before. you won't find them on any game tape

from this year or recently. so dont't bother looking.

expect your vaunted picket-fense to see double teams, and expect to be faked out of your nut bags

on a couple plays.....we won't laugh at you, we'l just move the ball and score....thats what counts.

this game will be decided by the Patriots Offensive line. the only prayer you have, and you should

be at a Holy House right now praying, it's never to early, is getting pressure on Tom Terrific the league MVP.

but when you try and do that, we will eat you alive down the middle. then your secondary will crap

its pants and try an cheat in...uh-oh! can you say Randy Moss kiddies??

it'l be ok, it's only one game. but you need to play one game at a time. you will learn this soon enough

and not make a$$es of yourself, like you did lastnight on a National stage, by looking past Buffalo. your not that good yet.

the next lesson will be about the Patriot Defense....but we'l go slow. one lesson at a time.....

an just one other quick note on edit....thanks for winning against Buffalo (can't really say BEATING Buffalo

now could i) they are in our Division, so thanks for the help!...

Edited by pig devilz

The game is on the road, and the aging NE D will have to play faster and can tire faster. There are a lot of things going for Dallas in this game. The NE front seven can be manhandled as well in that environment and playing on a fast surface. The boys are a younger, more athletic and faster team and this should all play into the outcome.

The D Line for the Pats is extremely young, and the DBs are young (Harrison is slowly being added to the mix).

The linebackers are still very effective, each got a year older but they added a young A. Thomas. Him playing every down allows the old guys (mostly Seau and Bruschi) to rotate and stay fresh.

gee wizz, you cowkids get all hyped up!! Yee-Haw!!!...an spew all kinds of white lies. no more chocolate covered tootsie rolls for you....please get your facts straight.

THIS GAME is YOUR SEASON....but to the Patriots, it's just the next game on the schedule.

How the heck is our season on the line. :D I'll take 5-1 any day. Maybe you need to put down the Tom Brady kool aid. I erased every thing else you wrote because that's exactly the same logic I had prior to kickoff when the Boyz played the Bills and we saw what almost happened. T.O was supposed to do what you say Randy will do. Romo was supposed to do what you say Brady will. And Witten like Watson exploits the middle. That didn't happen. Romo got rattled after the first pick for some reason and got into a zone...a twilight zone where up was down and down was up. Think that will happen again? HIGHLY unlikely.

COWBOYS 30- Pats 26

Remember when Indy vs. NO in Week 1 had so much hype and was possibly the best opening game ever? I see this game getting even more hype and being equally as bad, but this time it's the away team putting the beating on the home team. Pats spank Cowboys 38-13. Pats will rattle Romo and the Cowboys will have no answer to the NE passing game.

Belichick Factor add 10 Points

Brady Factor add 7 Points

So add it all up and you have the Patriots win ning by at leaset 21 points because they are 4 Point Vegas favorites

38 - 17 Patriots.

I give you credit at least you thinking positive but there is NO CHANCE Dallas wins! NONE

ugly :D tuna

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Blaa Blaa Blaa. See Indy vs. Cowboys last year, and didn't the Pats lose to that team with Harrison and Wayne and Manning and what, all those weapons! 14 points if my recollection serves me right.

This game is hardly are season for even if we lose we go on as do the Pats.

This is some funny sh*t. Seriously, I could care less about this game. Dallas needs to win in the playoffs. Last yr we were told we couldnt beat Indy at home, our secondary couldnt stop them, our pass rush would be picked apart by manning etc. Ooops Dallas won, and it got them nothing. Indy lost and went onto win the SB. This game is all hype, and doesnt mean sh*t really. Even if Dallas beats NE by 3 TDs, so what. Washington, NY and Philly are more important games than New England. Id gladly give this one away, if we can sweep our division.

This is some funny sh*t. Seriously, I could care less about this game. Dallas needs to win in the playoffs. Last yr we were told we couldnt beat Indy at home, our secondary couldnt stop them, our pass rush would be picked apart by manning etc. Ooops Dallas won, and it got them nothing. Indy lost and went onto win the SB. This game is all hype, and doesnt mean sh*t really. Even if Dallas beats NE by 3 TDs, so what. Washington, NY and Philly are more important games than New England. Id gladly give this one away, if we can sweep our division.

:D

Absolutely, this parlay is our season!

@ Philadelphia

@ NY Giants

WASHINGTON

Last night I was going to post something similar to what Sarge said that even if Dallas loses this game, this game isn't their season.

I would love to see the Cowboys pull out a win this weekend against the Patriots. But the Cowboys have to contend with a coach that will have a hell of a game plan against them, a QB with all of his weapons at his disposal and I just do not think the Cowboys are where they need to be (yet) with their defense (although I certainly hope I'm wrong :wacko: ).

I hope like hell that Romo doesn't end up worrying so much about what he did against the Bills, that he makes other mistakes trying not to repeat them against the Patriots.

I'm looking forward to this game and I certainly hope there will be more :D moments than :D moments for us Cowboys fans. :wacko: