[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OK what the #### w/Owens

BeeR

Is he not getting open? Double coverage a lot? Dropping too many? All of these? What? Hell freakin Barber out-received him last night.

Yup. I needed a big game from TO to win in my local but got nothing! It didn't help that the Bills were playing like it was their superbowl! But he needs to remedy those drops!

I thought he played aboslutely terrible last night - had 2 drops (one in the flat and one on that second-to-last play), and I didn't like the way he went after the two-point conversion either.

I think he's an unbelievable player (talent-wise), and I still feel that way - but man, I thought he stunk up the joint last night.

I thought he played aboslutely terrible last night - had 2 drops (one in the flat and one on that second-to-last play), and I didn't like the way he went after the two-point conversion either.

I think he's an unbelievable player (talent-wise), and I still feel that way - but man, I thought he stunk up the joint last night.

If his talent really was "all that" he wouldn't drop so many then. Doesn't even have the broken finger excuse which appears to have been just that. IMO he's overrated by most.

To his credit he did have 1 insane catch. I believe it was in the first quarter.

People have to understand WRs go through this every year. There are way too many factors in the NFL to be consistent week in and week out.

But let the venting continue because I have him on my team. He better do good this week!

TO had a look in his eyes last night that I cant put my finger on...but it was a look of almost resignation and loss. It was not a look of determination. He just did not look or play hungry last night. He looked downright depressed on the field. I was not shocked when a two bit corner out muscled the strongest receiver in the NFL for a critical, game deciding two point conversion. If not for the onside kick and the miracle field goal, I think a lot of people would be pointing fingers at TO and questioning his heart after that game.

Two bad games in a row for TO. Lots of drops. He is not separating from defenders. While this is par for the course for TO. It is very frustrating.

I don't exactly expect 100+ and multiple TDs every week - from from supposedly one of the best WRs in the biz with a great QB, great O in general and no excuses whatsoever, 2 weeks in a row of totally disappearing are a joke.

TO had a look in his eyes last night that I cant put my finger on...but it was a look of almost resignation and loss. It was not a look of determination. He just did not look or play hungry last night. He looked downright depressed on the field. I was not shocked when a two bit corner out muscled the strongest receiver in the NFL for a critical, game deciding two point conversion. If not for the onside kick and the miracle field goal, I think a lot of people would be pointing fingers at TO and questioning his heart after that game.

Two bad games in a row for TO. Lots of drops. He is not separating from defenders. While this is par for the course for TO. It is very frustrating.

I thought the same thing. He looked teary and worn as though he had the flu.

People have to understand WRs go through this every year. There are way too many factors in the NFL to be consistent week in and week out.

People won't realize anything. Instead, they'll just complain and talk about how he sucks. The only way the masses are happy is if he's putting up 100 and a td every game.

Even then, some would still complain.

I personally wouldn't start him as a RB. He doesn't get enough carries. :D

Fair point :D But wondering what people's thoughts are on TO stock for the rest of the year.

Just trying to get a read on what people's thoughts are here on value of TO going forward? Does TO finish as a Top 5 wideout?

If so, given the crazy RB year we are having, what type of value would he get, maybe a good RB2 like a Peterson, Jacobs, etc.? Or is he fetching more like a RB1?

Thoughts??

Edited by splotchman

I cannot argue that TO stunk it up last night....what I have not heard or read yet is....how wasn't PI called on the Buffalo DB on that 2 point conversion attempt? It appeared as though he not only hit TO early but he was also face guarding him and did not turn his head to look for the ball. Watch that play again - at a minimum he face guarded and did not turn to look for the ball - which I believe is PI....he also actually runs into TO prior to the ball arriving...is the 5 yard rule in effect (since the play happens inside of 5 yards)? If so, and it does not qualify as PI wouldn't it still be some sort of penalty - holding or illegal contact maybe? Otherwise - why not just obliterate any WR/TE on a 2-point try...if it is not a penalty?

KO'd

I cannot argue that TO stunk it up last night....what I have not heard or read yet is....how wasn't PI called on the Buffalo DB on that 2 point conversion attempt? It appeared as though he not only hit TO early but he was also face guarding him and did not turn his head to look for the ball. Watch that play again - at a minimum he face guarded and did not turn to look for the ball - which I believe is PI....he also actually runs into TO prior to the ball arriving...is the 5 yard rule in effect (since the play happens inside of 5 yards)? If so, and it does not qualify as PI wouldn't it still be some sort of penalty - holding or illegal contact maybe? Otherwise - why not just obliterate any WR/TE on a 2-point try...if it is not a penalty?

KO'd

Face guarding is not in the rule book anymore. As long as he does not make contact the defender can put his hands in his face without turning towards the ball.

KO'd

+1

I was very surprised it was not brought up during the game even though I don't expect much from this MNF crew :D

I think Witten has been doing a fine job getting open!! Oh, wait!. this a topic on TO, not the guy that has been "bogarting" all TO's receptions and touchdowns...

:D

Ha,ha,ha... Witten is the "man" on the "girlz" team... TO is a nice piece to the squad, but it is becoming more and more obvious TO just isn't the favorite receiver... it's Witten!!

Edited by millerx

I think Witten has been doing a fine job getting open!! Oh, wait!. this a topic on TO, not the guy that has been "bogarting" all TO's receptions and touchdowns...

:D

Ha,ha,ha... Witten is the "man" on the "girlz" team... TO is a nice piece to the squad, but it is becoming more and more obvious TO just isn't the favorite receiver... it's Witten!!

Which means it is only a matter of time before TO calls Romo a homo.

Owens had a bad game last night. He dropped SEVERAL key passes in the game that could have turned the game around. But even worse was he lost his composure ... he was fuming. On the flip side Romo never lost his composure despite being personally responsible for SIX turnovers.

Witten is going to be a major stud this year because it looks to me like Romo is going to lean on him and his sure hands.

Face guarding is not in the rule book anymore. As long as he does not make contact the defender can put his hands in his face without turning towards the ball.

Good to know....but if there is contact? I am pretty sure I saw contact and lots of it on that 2-point try....oh well, a moot point as Dallas won anyway and it worked out in their favor to not convert on that play.

KO'd