[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

good article on mars global warming

polksalet

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh yes, the most retarded argument to refute global warming is man made: we're going to prove it by using the smallest of sample sizes from another planet, using the smallest of instruments and use it to debunk much larger sample sizes that we have accrued through decades of research, not to mention actual first hand access to said environments and soil samples etc.

But hey, there are a few petri dishes still on Mars that we were ablt to microwave - thus global warming simply cannot be effected by pollution and the accelerated accumulation of green house gases - the Petri Dish Reveals All!

I have not read of this.

I did a quick search but haven't found much yet. I just remember when your article came out, not long after another article came out and trashed it.

Who knows. The truth of the matter is probably somewhere in between. So even if the Sun is getting warmer, wouldn't human activity just accelerate the problem?

:D

I did a quick search but haven't found much yet. I just remember when your article came out, not long after another article came out and trashed it.

Who knows. The truth of the matter is probably somewhere in between. So even if the Sun is getting warmer, wouldn't human activity just accelerate the problem?

:D

Perhaps, perhaps not.

Perhaps, perhaps not.

I am not a big believer in global warming but I have come to this stark conclusion....if we do nothing...worst case scenario is horrible. If we do something....worst case scenario is inflation and some economic recession...but an overall better world when it come to breathing and drinking water. Best case scenario if we do nothing is that global warming is not cause by man and this is simply cyclical and it goes away. Best case scenario if we do something is that we have better air and drinking water...and oh yeah...we stopped a global killer crisis.

No...given those stark choices I will say this: Anyone who is considering doing nothing better not own any life insurance....because why would you own life insurance...do you actually think you are gonna die to soon? Get real. You don't have to agree with the science or the messenger...but to simply say I am gonna do nothing until there is CONCRETE proof my arse is wrong is rediculous and downright irresponsible. Out of those choices I have above...I choose to do something...just in case I am wrong.

I am not a big believer in global warming but I have come to this stark conclusion....if we do nothing...worst case scenario is horrible. If we do something....worst case scenario is inflation and some economic recession...but an overall better world when it come to breathing and drinking water. Best case scenario if we do nothing is that global warming is not cause by man and this is simply cyclical and it goes away. Best case scenario if we do something is that we have better air and drinking water...and oh yeah...we stopped a global killer crisis.

No...given those stark choices I will say this: Anyone who is considering doing nothing better not own any life insurance....because why would you own life insurance...do you actually think you are gonna die to soon? Get real. You don't have to agree with the science or the messenger...but to simply say I am gonna do nothing until there is CONCRETE proof my arse is wrong is rediculous and downright irresponsible. Out of those choices I have above...I choose to do something...just in case I am wrong.

Sounds like a bad argument for religion.

And the other scenario you forgot is we can try to do something and a natural progression of global warming is more than man's attempts at reducing just our contribution and things get really hot anyway.

best case scenario is you shorten your posts.

"Global Warming" and "CO2 emissions" are natural and can be harmful over time....

but we've clearly accellerated the process over the years and the data proves that the CO2 emissions right now are higher than they've ever been on this planet....because of what we've done and you only have to use common sense to know that the natural CO2 emissions do some form of damage, so us using fuels that release CO2 would only make it worse....

preparing for global warming is good for the planet and for our economy...everything changes and it brings forth new business revenues....an ideal book on this matter is "Green to Gold"....

We're at a critical state right now and the UN is planning to force everyone to live a completely different lifestyle if things get worse....Europe is way ahead of us with this movement and we have to get on the ball in this department....we're the highest polluting country right now...

Edited by Avernus

"Global Warming" and "CO2 emissions" are natural and can be harmful over time....

but we've clearly accellerated the process over the years and the data proves that the CO2 emissions right now are higher than they've ever been on this planet....because of what we've done and you only have to use common sense to know that the natural CO2 emissions do some form of damage, so us using fuels that release CO2 would only make it worse....

preparing for global warming is good for the planet and for our economy...everything changes and it brings forth new business revenues....an ideal book on this matter is "Green to Gold"....

We're at a critical state right now and the UN is planning to force everyone to live a completely different lifestyle if things get worse....Europe is way ahead of us with this movement and we have to get on the ball in this department....we're the highest polluting country right now...

It was China. When did it change?

.we stopped a global killer crisis.

So if we all go vegatarian and ride horses... what do you suggest we do when Yellowstone erupts and sends a few hundred billion cubic tons of soot/poison gas and CO2 into the atmosphere?

You people who think we are killing the planet, so full of yourselves. We are nothing.

Shiznit's take may have been about twice as long as it needed to be (then again, I live in that same glass house). Point is, most of the things the activists propose to fight the acceleration of global warming basically boil down to: Don't be an idiot. Don't drive a V12 if you don't haul heavy things for a living. Don't turn every light on in the house. Essentially, establish "what you want/need" into some realistic terms.

Don't fixate on the fact that some Hollywood blowhard who charters private jets is telling you to do your part. Just do your freaking part. Most of what I do that is ecologically correct came from my father who was/is far from a hippy. He just didn't like wasting money which meant not being an idiot.

That's why we built rain barrels from free 65 gallon barrels we got free from the local Coca Cola plant. That's why we installed a whole house fan to cut down on our AC usage, that's why I have my prep cooks put all the vegetable scraps into a separate trash can for me to take home and compost, that's why we're replacing our lawn with drought tolerant plants, that's why we do a ton of stuff. Not because Cameron Diaz thinks it's cool.

Shiznit's take may have been about twice as long as it needed to be (then again, I live in that same glass house). Point is, most of the things the activists propose to fight the acceleration of global warming basically boil down to: Don't be an idiot. Don't drive a V12 if you don't haul heavy things for a living. Don't turn every light on in the house. Essentially, establish "what you want/need" into some realistic terms.

Don't fixate on the fact that some Hollywood blowhard who charters private jets is telling you to do your part. Just do your freaking part. Most of what I do that is ecologically correct came from my father who was/is far from a hippy. He just didn't like wasting money which meant not being an idiot.

That's why we built rain barrels from free 65 gallon barrels we got free from the local Coca Cola plant. That's why we installed a whole house fan to cut down on our AC usage, that's why I have my prep cooks put all the vegetable scraps into a separate trash can for me to take home and compost, that's why we're replacing our lawn with drought tolerant plants, that's why we do a ton of stuff. Not because Cameron Diaz thinks it's cool.

wurd

So if we all go vegatarian and ride horses... what do you suggest we do when Yellowstone erupts and sends a few hundred billion cubic tons of soot/poison gas and CO2 into the atmosphere?

You people who think we are killing the planet, so full of yourselves. We are nothing.

they are probably doing something to tame Yellowstone anyways...

probably sending shockwaves or something to that effect to alter it's cycle...or whatever it's called...

I wish we could do that with females to alter their cycle... :D

exactly...I wasn't into the whole global warming thing...I was too cool for it :D

but realistically...we cannot continue to use the energy we do....

my electric bill is over 150 a month and 120 is supposed to be a lot...we are going to use power surges for everything and shut them off at night to cut off stuff that uses 'vampire energy'.....that is all the stuff that stays running even when you turn it off.....by having a red light on your TV that let's you know that it is off...or the clock on your microwave....

we need to start powering these things down when we go to sleep...

they are probably doing something to tame Yellowstone anyways...

probably sending shockwaves or something to that effect to alter it's cycle...or whatever it's called...

You cannot be that ignorant. Man can now alter a supervolcano? That is ludicrous and why it will be a good day when man exits the face of this earth...the colossal belief that we are so much bigger than we are.