[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Report - Bucs sign Zach Crockett

SpinalTapp

NFL Network's Adam Shefter reports Bucs signed FB Zack Crockett.

Well, that's hardly an exciting pickup. Crockett is likely to fill a Mike Alstott-role in the offense, catching some passes and getting some short-yardage carries. This signing is great news for Earnest Graham owners - less competition for carries. Oct. 10 - 9:27 am et

And the crowd goes "Yawn".

What is Graham's value going forward? I don't want to hijack this as an advice thread, but with limited roster spots for RB in my league and injuries kicking my butt, I could use just about any decent, warm body to fill my lineup. Would Graham be worth letting Jordan go?

Uh...no. :D

I wouldn't read too much into this. Crockett is a quick fix for the next couple of weeks because he's a proven commodity and he's played in Gruden's system which has a reputation for being difficult to learn. I'd be surprised if the Bucs aren't still shopping for a better intermediate to long term solution.

:D Ummmmmm have I missed something here?

Besides the batch of LSD that Uncle Wiggy seemed to get a hold of? No. I'm pretty much any M Turner rumors have all been started by dudes who have him holding a spot on their FF roster.

Personally, I would love it (see my sigline) but I'm going to need to hear it somewhere besides a FF message board before I start believing it.

This could simply be a logical move in the game of chicken TB is playing with MN over Mewelde's draft pick price. They could be trying to say we need Mewelde, but we don't NEED Mewelde.

IMO the likelihood of any team parting with a decent RB that's on their 53 man roster is slim to none, this year.

The teams with RB depth, in the middle of a season, have zero motivation to part with a viable RB on their 53 man roster. They can put ridiculous asking prices (at least 1 first day pick) because they're holding all the cards. The NFL GMs and HCs, just like so many FF owners, are playing RB trades close to the vest due to injuries, suspensions, underperformance etc. For example...

If I'm Minny, why would I let Moore walk given Taylor starting the season off with an injury and the perception (IMO, misperception) that AD is injury prone?

Same goes with SD... Turner is invaluable to what SD does on offense should LT be limited or just need a breather.

IMO the likelihood of any team parting with a decent RB that's on their 53 man roster is slim to none, this year.

The teams with RB depth, in the middle of a season, have zero motivation to part with a viable RB on their 53 man roster. They can put ridiculous asking prices (at least 1 first day pick) because they're holding all the cards. The NFL GMs and HCs, just like so many FF owners, are playing RB trades close to the vest due to injuries, suspensions, underperformance etc. For example...

If I'm Minny, why would I let Moore walk given Taylor starting the season off with an injury and the perception (IMO, misperception) that AD is injury prone?

Same goes with SD... Turner is invaluable to what SD does on offense should LT be limited or just need a breather.

On the Mewelde side hes the the 3rd RB on a team that needs some help on offense through the draft and at seasons end hes a free agent.

As far as Turner,Id be stunned if they even considered trading him.

Edited by xtra

On the Mewelde side hes the the 3rd RB on a team that needs some help on offense through the draft and at seasons end hes a free agent.

As far as Turner,Id be stunned if they even considered trading him.

Add to the fact that Minnesota has no realistic playoff chances this year, while San Diego may.

I hear ya on this but they have AD back returning kicks and Taylor is struggling. The next RB on their roster is Naufahu Tahi.

The fact that they deactivate Moore even though he could be doing kick return duty speaks volumes of what Moore means to them right now... if Taylor or AD are lost, Moore is safe and sound watching from the team box for the next week.

TB is now on their THIRD RB. Even though Minny might already be looking towards next season, it's not in their best interest to let Moore go for anything less than a first day pick. Anyways, how does 1 or 2 second day picks help Minny NEXT year? Yeah, you build through the draft but second day picks are not likely to contribute to the team in any major way in week 1, 2008.

I hear ya on this but they have AD back returning kicks and Taylor is struggling. The next RB on their roster is Naufahu Tahi.

The fact that they deactivate Moore even though he could be doing kick return duty speaks volumes of what Moore means to them right now... if Taylor or AD are lost, Moore is safe and sound watching from the team box for the next week.

TB is now on their THIRD RB. Even though Minny might already be looking towards next season, it's not in their best interest to let Moore go for anything less than a first day pick. Anyways, how does 1 or 2 second day picks help Minny NEXT year? Yeah, you build through the draft but second day picks are not likely to contribute to the team in any major way in week 1, 2008.

No, but a 4th rounder say is better than getting nothing as Mewelde walks next year.

Add in the 3rd rounder they received from Denver last year which all of a sudden looks like a fairly high one, and you have a couple of mid round picks to play with to either add the depth or try trade up if need be.

Besides the batch of LSD that Uncle Wiggy seemed to get a hold of? No. I'm pretty much any M Turner rumors have all been started by dudes who have him holding a spot on their FF roster.

Personally, I would love it (see my sigline) but I'm going to need to hear it somewhere besides a FF message board before I start believing it.

You are 100% correct (besides the LSD part). I only made the Turner comment because he's on my fantasy team. I have not heard any rumors of Turner being traded. Just wishful thinking on my part.