[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steven Jackson

• 12OCT07 St Louis Dispatch: Even though Rams RB Jackson did some light individual work this week for the first time since tearing a groin muscle Sept. 23 vs. Tampa Bay, his return is far from imminent. He might not be back until after the bye (Nov. 4).

• 12OCT07 St Louis Dispatch: Even though Rams RB Jackson did some light individual work this week for the first time since tearing a groin muscle Sept. 23 vs. Tampa Bay, his return is far from imminent. He might not be back until after the bye (Nov. 4).

Heard a report from Adam Kaplan (sp?) of Football Injuries dot com on local Minny radio this am saying 2-3 weeks. He's (Kaplan) been pretty good for the past couple years, FWIW.

Both these reports seem to jive...3 weeks from Sunday would be the Nov. 4th weekend (bye).

I hope they don't rush him back...let him take his time and heal properly...if it is after the bye, so be it. Just in time for the stretch run and playoffs!

I agree with this...

We are going to be without him this week for sure, so if he waits until Week 10, we are really only losing two more weeks....granted, he has a couple of good matchups in those two weeks (Cincy and Sea I believe), but I would rather have him healthy for the last eight weeks than have him rush back, re-injure himself, and never have him a full speed...

He really didnt get that good until the second half of last year also....

I traded up from 3 to 2 for him in a Dynasty draft this season.

Between how he played first first few games, and this injury...

Stephen Jackson is dead to me. :D

I think if he comes back after the bye....he'll help carry some teams into the playoffs...

this has comeback written all over it I think...

That could very well be, but for teams who lost their #1 RB, it could be too late.

(Then again it doesn't help that I have Lamont and Caddy on the same roster)

him getting hurt for me was kind of a blessing since I was sitting AP in favor of Jackson..

Just my gut, but...face it, this is a lost season in STL, they could easily be 1-9 by the time he'd be ready after the bye week. So he goes off down the stretch and they finish 4-12, great....kid's a competitor, no doubt, and i'm sure he wants to be out there helping his team, but I don't think he or the Rams and dumb enough to risk more extensive injury to a young guy whose future is this bright, and is as vital to the organization. Maybe he plays Weeks 10-16 (I doubt it) but I think we'll still see a ton of Brian Leonard, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if we hear an announcement that they're shutting him down sometime during that time frame. Again, just speculation, but....

Edited by msaint

Just my gut, but...face it, this is a lost season in STL, they could easily be 1-9 by the time he'd be ready after the bye week. So he goes off down the stretch and they finish 4-12, great....kid's a competitor, no doubt, and i'm sure he wants to be out there helping his team, but I don't think he or the Rams and dumb enough to risk more extensive injury to a young guy whose future is this bright, and is as vital to the organization. Maybe he plays Weeks 10-16 (I doubt it) but I think we'll still see a ton of Brian Leonard, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if we hear an announcement that they're shutting him down sometime during that time frame. Again, just speculation, but....

+1

That's my guess as well....why risk his health in a throw away season? Remember that the O line is in shambles and injuries abound. They won't let him be out there at risk for too long or too often.

He will play...

I get what you are saying, whats the difference between 4-12 and 1-15, but the coach has his job on the line, and you are sending the wrong message to the organization if you let him sit when he is perfectly able to play...if I am an O-lineman who is banged up, but able to play, and I see Sjax on the sideline collecting a paycheck, knowing full well he is able to play, I would resent that...doesnt do good for team chemistry....and I dont think SJax would appreciate that also...

Will he play a slightly reduced role, probably...you will probably see Brian Leonard a little more than you would have not for the injury, but they are not going to just sit him out right...

Oh, and I will be you $100 that the Rams are not 1-9 after their bye! :D

it is a scary situation and STL being winless does not help, but they ARE in a soft division and if he gets healthy enough in three weeks there may still be a chance he plays. I say this in hopes, as he is on my roster, but STL could be only 3/4 games back by week 10 with 8 to play??