[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can you believe the nerve of some people?

Fanantic

All I see is a bunch of self proclaimed "experts" telling me about my crap offer. Whenever a player the caliber of Gates is involved, getting him on your team via a trade is always a "steal".

Most players at this point of the season are banged up and sore. Gates is one play away from being "broken" himself. I get assumptions on the other owners motive, and told that my trade offer is the same as his: 1706 total yards 17 TD's is not the same as 484 total yards and 8 TD's.

How can any of you presume to know that his team is not going to benifit at all from my offer? Again it was assumed he was just saying FU, but in reality he thinks that Gates is worth way more than he actually is.

My team is my sig. Nobdody has looked at it and said what they think is fair.

Typically, to get a stud you've got to give a stud. Moss is the only player of that caliber this year that you own. Any trade offer not including him is pretty much laughable. Some could make the comment that AP falls into that category and because he wasn't overused early in the year he may still have some gas left in his tank by the end of the season. However, I'd be very leery of relying on a rookie (and yet I must do it in at least one league) down the stretch.

The fact remains, you didn't offer fair value to begin with.

Your offer was laughable.

Andre Johnson has not been on the field since week 3. While he is projected to return this week ... we have no real idea of when he will really return and at what point he will be effective after his return (let alone when he will return to stud status).

Ben Watson plays for a team where the QB spreads the ball around AND is hurt, he hasn't been on the field for several weeks either.

And you want somebody to give you Gates for these guys :D:D:wacko:

I recieved a similiar ludicrous trade offer earlier in the year where an owner offered me Stokley (whom he just acquired off waivers) + Michael Turner for Roy Williams. I did exactly what your guy did ... I countered with an equally ludicrous offer ... offering him Alex Smith + Demetrius Williams for Tony Romo.

His response was like your ... he couldn't believe that I was offering him a ridiculous trade, nevermind that his initial offer set the tone.

All I see is a bunch of self proclaimed "experts" telling me about my crap offer. Whenever a player the caliber of Gates is involved, getting him on your team via a trade is always a "steal".

So by your statement above one can only assume that you consider yourself superior in FF knowledge than all others here who disagree with you. That thinking will win you a ton of friends and get you a long ways here.

Most players at this point of the season are banged up and sore. Gates is one play away from being "broken" himself.

By that tortured logic, the Adrian Peterson owner ought to trade him to the Ryan Clark owner striaght up, since Peterson is one play away from an injury and the Peterson owner would be getting a starting RB in return. Always nice to see coherent, logical arguments used to support yourself. :D

I get assumptions on the other owners motive, and told that my trade offer is the same as his: 1706 total yards 17 TD's is not the same as 484 total yards and 8 TD's. How can any of you presume to know that his team is not going to benifit at all from my offer? Again it was assumed he was just saying FU, but in reality he thinks that Gates is worth way more than he actually is.

No. He knows Gates is worth a lot more than what you are offering. That makes this whole thing on you, and not on him. You deserved what you got. :D at acting so insulted when you precipitated the whole thing by lowballing him so badly in the first place.

My team is my sig. Nobdody has looked at it and said what they think is fair.

Wrong forum

Edited by Bronco Billy

Instead of arguing that everyone in here is wrong and that you are right take a step back and think for a second. Instead of 10 people being wrong and 1 person iright (ahem...YOU), maybe you should realize that you made a bogus trade offer and got an even more ridiculous one in return. Basically, you got what you deserved. Learn and move on.

Here endeth the lesson.

All I see is a bunch of self proclaimed "experts" telling me about my crap offer.

not saying people here are 'experts' but most of the people dropping knowledge on you, know their stuff.... but... if you wanted people to just agree with you, why didn't you just come out and say it. The way you wrote the post, it seemed like you wanted folk's insight. So... now realizing the purpose for your post, allow me.... :cough cough:

what an ahole, Fanatic. That guy would not know his good trade if it sat on his face. You have every right to be upset. How about we sneak on over to his house on Tuesday night, f his wife and wrap his cat up in duck tape.

you're the man, fanatic. 6-2. great team and you make a hell of a pot roast.

see guys... it was that easy. give the man a break