[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RUMOR ONLY: LJ out for season?

msaint

Maybe you've mentioned before some connections your neighbors may have to the Chiefs or maybe you're kidding. I dunno.

But I have Johnson and if one of your neighbors actually does have some inside info, I'm all ears.

Not crowing about this injury, then? :D

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just a thought, and it might be a stupid one at that. I picked up Smith today and this was my reasoning.

1. KC is 4 - 4 and still they are in control of there division.

2. If L.J. is done for the season, like it was rumored, K.C has to at least cover it up by saying he is questionable to return a few weeks from now. It's all stratagy, every NFL coach does it.

3. Preist Holmes is coming off an injury that was supposed to be career ending. He has fear. And Herm might have fear in using him.

4. K.C. drafted Smith for a reason, this is the reason.

5. And the biggest thing for me is if L.J is done they need to know now what Smith can do. With playing Denver twice and Oakland once in the next 5 weeks, it is the perfect time to get Smiths some work for a possible furture play off run. Rookie runningbacks have shown they can run this year (Peterson, Keith, Young, ...etc.)

What do you think??

Is anyone hoping he is done so they can cut him and move on? I'm to that point. I feel this injury is serious enough to at least cause him to miss a few weeks. If he could come back, I doubt he would be even close to 100%. You just don't go from crutches to the football field in a few weeks.

Is anyone hoping he is done so they can cut him and move on? I'm to that point.

I was thinking the same thing about Marvin Harrison. :D I know he was medically cleared to play Sunday, but that could have been a big lie. It does look like LJ is done for the season.

Is anyone hoping he is done so they can cut him and move on? I'm to that point. I feel this injury is serious enough to at least cause him to miss a few weeks. If he could come back, I doubt he would be even close to 100%. You just don't go from crutches to the football field in a few weeks.

Not at all. He's solid down the stretch every year.

Donald Driver did. He had a foot sprain in the PS wore a boot and got treatment 3 times a day for 10 days and missed one game. If he wasn't double covered every play he would have better numbers.

Crutches alone don't tell the severity of the injury.

He hasn't missed a game yet and you're already giving up on him?

This is just a thought, and it might be a stupid one at that. I picked up Smith today and this was my reasoning.

1. KC is 4 - 4 and still they are in control of there division. Yep

2. If L.J. is done for the season, like it was rumored, K.C has to at least cover it up by saying he is questionable to return a few weeks from now. It's all stratagy, every NFL coach does it. Yep

3. Preist Holmes is coming off an injury that was supposed to be career ending. He has fear Nope. And Herm might have fear in using him. Nope. Herm will use him until Holmes proves he is unable to go. They may split some carries this week as Holmes gets his stamina back, but going forward, I think it will be Preist's job to lose

4. K.C. drafted Smith for a reason, this is the reason. Nope. They drafted him not expecting Holmes to be able to play one down

5. And the biggest thing for me is if L.J is done they need to know now what Smith can do. With playing Denver twice and Oakland once in the next 5 weeks, it is the perfect time to get Smiths some work for a possible furture play off run. Nope. With a softer running schedule, the Chiefs will look to exploit it, not experiment with a rookie RB. Do you think they would risk a playoff run by playing a rookie who (1) probably is unsure of pass coverage assignments, (2) has yet to prove anything to anyone and (3) do all this while a former All-Pro, who is anxious to show he still has the goods, is standing on the sidelines? Not likely.

Nothing very new but today's Rotoworld:

MyFox 31 in Denver is reporting that Larry Johnson has suffered a broken bone in his foot and will miss the rest of the season. We have confirmed separately that Johnson is waiting for final confirmation of the news to arrive Wednesday. No other major site is confirming the news yet, but sources close to Johnson are expecting the worst. If Johnson is indeed done for the season, Priest Holmes would get the first chance to take the lead back role in Johnson's absence, with Kolby Smith also seeing significant time. Don't drop Johnson until this can be confirmed by the Chiefs.

Anyone know what kind of runner Smith is? Bruiser? 3rd down pass-catcher? Goal line guy? I know nothing about the guy...

He reminds me of Willie Parker, dare I say it. Not saying he's anywhere on the skill level, but he is more of a slasher type runner. Here's his scouting report which pretty much says what I think of him.

"The good: Became the Cardinals’ starter in 2006 after an injury ended Michael Bush’s season. Smith responded with an outstanding effort. He displays a slashing style with the ability to run through tackles. A powerfully built runner who’s also a reliable receiver, though he still needs development in that area after limited opportunities. As a senior, he carried 154 times for 862 yards and seven TDs. He added 24 receptions for 217 yards. At the Combine, he ran 4.5 and 4.52 with 18 reps and a 38-inch vertical.

The bad: Lacks the top separation speed to make the big play with any consistency.

Outlook: Has the athletic ability to warrant NFL playing time, especially in short-yardage situations. A good early second-day pick with the upside to eventually be a starter with development. Could be one of the best bargains in the draft."

Larry Johnson Done for the Season

Nov 6, 2007 | 3:12 PM

Category: Sports

Report This Post

Featured On: MyFoxColorado

Kansas City Chiefs running back Larry Johnson is out for the season with a broken right foot.

This was confirmed by a source within the Chiefs organization with direct knowledge of the situation.

According to the Chiefs initially, Johnson had suffered a mid-foot sprain in the fourth quarter of last Sunday's 33-22 loss to the Packers.

However Anderson has learned that Johnson has a broken bone in the right foot.

So far this season Johnson has rushed 158 times for 559 yards.

That total has had Johnson ranked 14th in the league-just behind Travis Henry who’s 13th with 580 yards.

While this injury is bad news for Johnson, it’s a bright spot for the Broncos who’s last ranked rush defense who won’t have to face him.

*Note: A previous version of our story indicated that Johnson had suffered a broken left foot. However, our source has since clarified that it was Johnson's right foot that was injured.

Larry Johnson Done for the Season

Nov 6, 2007 | 3:12 PM

Category: Sports

Report This Post

Featured On: MyFoxColorado

Kansas City Chiefs running back Larry Johnson is out for the season with a broken right foot.

This was confirmed by a source within the Chiefs organization with direct knowledge of the situation.

According to the Chiefs initially, Johnson had suffered a mid-foot sprain in the fourth quarter of last Sunday's 33-22 loss to the Packers.

However Anderson has learned that Johnson has a broken bone in the right foot.

So far this season Johnson has rushed 158 times for 559 yards.

That total has had Johnson ranked 14th in the league-just behind Travis Henry who’s 13th with 580 yards.

While this injury is bad news for Johnson, it’s a bright spot for the Broncos who’s last ranked rush defense who won’t have to face him.

*Note: A previous version of our story indicated that Johnson had suffered a broken left foot. However, our source has since clarified that it was Johnson's right foot that was injured.

Nothing new here.