[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RUMOR ONLY: LJ out for season?

msaint

I agree that the Chiefs are covering this up...which means he's out for an extended period. They have all the answers by now and if it were good they would have said something.

Dr Double Agent :D What it means is MRI's don't work well on swollen feet. They need to wait until the swelling goes down to make an accurate diagnosis.

They'll know soon enough.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bow to the Priest

After all he's done fantasy-wise, he deserves it. However, I feel the Priest might have to administer last rights to himself one of these weeks and that's why I like Kolby Smith a bit more. I know he's a rookie and doesn't have a single carry in the NFL and may not pass protect as well, however, he is filling in at the RB position and aside from maybe blowing a couple pass protections, all he has to do is take the hand-off and run. If given the opportunity he should start off with a bang this weekend against the Broncos.

After all he's done fantasy-wise, he deserves it. However, I feel the Priest might have to administer last rights to himself one of these weeks and that's why I like Kolby Smith a bit more. I know he's a rookie and doesn't have a single carry in the NFL and may not pass protect as well, however, he is filling in at the RB position and aside from maybe blowing a couple pass protections, all he has to do is take the hand-off and run. If given the opportunity he should start off with a bang this weekend against the Broncos.

Seriously, your never ending stichk touting Kolby is getting old. We get it already, you think he's the second coming of Marshall Faulk. You think Holmes was great but he's a washed up old man. Shiatt you could end up being right, but enough already. You act like their will be hugh holes for Kolby to run through versus Priest, you seem to forget that the Chiefs are ranked 29th or 30th in rushing and near the bottom in every offensive category.

Seriously, your never ending stichk touting Kolby is getting old. We get it already, you think he's the second coming of Marshall Faulk. You think Holmes was great but he's a washed up old man. Shiatt you could end up being right, but enough already. You act like their will be hugh holes for Kolby to run through versus Priest, you seem to forget that the Chiefs are ranked 29th or 30th in rushing and near the bottom in every offensive category.

Did you take your meds this morning....Didn't think so. Take an extra for good measure. And before you ask they don't have meds for what I have.

I was a Priest Holmes fan while he was still in BAL, and recall thinking they were complete dummies for trading him. I grabbed him in my keeper league the year before he was traded. He's one of the true greats in field performance and the character he displays to the public.

That said, can you or anyone find any evidence of an RB having success at age 34? If there were one, I would consider believing. Mileage/schmileage....having crested the 34 mark myself I can say that it isn't just mileage that is a problem. Things just start to go....and while the effect is slight it is still significant in terms of being a top level athlete.

I am betting my money on Smith as well.

But they might have surgery for it.

Shhhh!! I don't want to be cut out of the Huddle.

That said, can you or anyone find any evidence of an RB having success at age 34? If there were one, I would consider believing. Mileage/schmileage....having crested the 34 mark myself I can say that it isn't just mileage that is a problem. Things just start to go....and while the effect is slight it is still significant in terms of being a top level athlete.

Word. I just turned 38 and can't believe the things that are starting to go. Working out is fine and all, but play any competitive sport (even flag football), and I'm feeling my age quick. I'm so impressed with QB's that play into their late 30's and even 40's, but RB is a whole different story. As big and fast as guys are getting, and as hard as they're hitting, the definition of "old" RB is rapidly becoming younger and younger.

I have no idea about Smith, but I'm definitely not betting on Priest to do well - especially considering how LJ was struggling.

I found the answer to my question on his Wikipedia entry:

Marcus LeMarr Allen (born March 26, 1960...

... he left Los Angeles to join the Kansas City Chiefs in 1993, that year he rushed for only 764 yards, but scored 12 touchdowns leading the AFC

It looks like he was 33.

Another older RB I owned was Ottis Anderson:

Ottis Jerome "O.J." Anderson (born January 19, 1957

In 1989, Anderson become the top running back for Bill Parcells' ball control offense and was named NFL Comeback Player of the Year. He scored a career high 14 rushing touchdowns, and rushed for 1,023 yards on 325 carries. He was also the top running back for the Giants the following year, when they won Super Bowl XXV, and was named Super Bowl MVP for his 102 yards and a touchdown on 21 carries.

So here is another back that was going strong at 33.

Larry Johnson-RB-Chiefs Nov. 8 - 4:41 pm et

The Chiefs have released a statement regarding Larry Johnson's foot injury.

"According to our Chiefs medical staff and its most recent evaluation of Larry Johnson last evening, Larry has made significant improvement with less swelling and pain in his injured right foot," the statement reads. "His status will be re-evaluated again early next week with further exams and tests. His status for this week is doubtful to out." Doctors may not know the exact extent of L.J.'s injury until the swelling subsides completely.

This sounds like they will do an MRI when the swelling goes down so we reallly don't know anyhthing.

Larry Johnson-RB-Chiefs Nov. 8 - 4:41 pm et

The Chiefs have released a statement regarding Larry Johnson's foot injury.

"According to our Chiefs medical staff and its most recent evaluation of Larry Johnson last evening, Larry has made significant improvement with less swelling and pain in his injured right foot," the statement reads. "His status will be re-evaluated again early next week with further exams and tests. His status for this week is doubtful to out." Doctors may not know the exact extent of L.J.'s injury until the swelling subsides completely.

This sounds like they will do an MRI when the swelling goes down so we reallly don't know anyhthing.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/11/08/ch..._larry_johnson/

for those that are gonna say they want a link

Posted on CBS Sports this afternoon:

Larry Johnson, RB KC

News: RB Larry Johnson's injured right foot "has made significant improvement," the Kansas City Chiefs said Thursday. Johnson, who rushed for more than 1,750 yards each of the past two years, was injured in the fourth quarter last week of Kansas City's 33-22 loss to Green Bay. Coaches have said he would almost certainly not play this Sunday against Denver. A Denver television station reported earlier this week that Johnson has a broken foot and is out for the year. The Chiefs have insisted all they know is he has a mid-foot sprain and will probably not play this Sunday. A news release by the Chiefs said Johnson had "less swelling and pain in his injured right foot." "His status will be re-evaluated again early next week with further exams and tests. His status for this week is doubtful to out," the statement said.

Analysis: This is good news for Johnson owners, but he likely will still miss Week 10 against Denver. Continue to monitor his status before setting your lineup, but if you haven't done so already, put in your bids for Priest Holmes and Kolby Smith.

On the heels of what the team released today, is there anyone out there that would consider picking Johnson up? The LJ owner in one of my leagues has already dropped him for the Priest. Anyone out there grabbing and stashing him in case he is able to play again this year? Or has the LJ owner in your league been patient enough to wait for more word?

Edited by Delicious_bass

On the heels of what the team released today, is there anyone out there that would consider picking Johnson up? The LJ owner in one of my leagues has already dropped him for the Priest. Anyone out there grabbing and stashing him in case he is able to play again this year? Or has the LJ owner in your league been patient enough to wait for more word?

I think xrays came back negative, they got one bad report and want another opinion. I don't think this will end well. I wouldn't do it.

Or has the LJ owner in your league been patient enough to wait for more word?

In my main league, that's me.

No chance in he-ll I drop him until and unless they put him on IR.

If anyone has already, it may end up being that it was the right move, but not knowing any more than we do now, it was premature and sloppy as a fantasy football owner.

Pick him up. Surely he's a better risk/reward that Ashley Lelie or Reuben Droughns or whomever else it is that you've got stashed on your roster "just in case"?

Neither Kolby or Priest are worth anything. LJ couldn't do anything in that offence, why would you think either a 34 year old or a rookie would do anything worth considering? Especially when you consider that they'll be splitting carries. The debate of which is more valuable is silly. They're both useless, even against Denver.