[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Illinois vs. Ohio State

Rockerbraves

that is one doof's opinion. Here's another.

Fact is, they were playing one of the best teams in the conference. Bye week, schmye week. You are laughable, and almost can't be taken serious unless you take the homer glasses off.

Fact is, bad coaching decisions happen all the time. What doesn't happen, is the #1 team in the country getting the ball run down their throats at home...and having a QB that has been lucky all year, and his pure "average" ability finally caught up to him.

Fact is, they f'd up and didn't challenge the play. Too bad. Wasn't a factor in the grand scheme as Illinois owned them in the 4th quarter.

My opinion is that Ohio State was not good enough to be the #1 team in the country, and they pretty much proved that over the course of the last few weeks, and should never sniff the NC game.

Your opinion is that the coaches and players didn't focus on winning this game? :D

What was the score??? 28-21

7 points was the difference and yes Tress should have challenged.

That average qb has done pretty well for his first season under center.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your opinion is that the coaches and players didn't focus on winning this game? :D

............and your just about gullible enough to really believe Illinois is the better team

Who's :D now ?

I suppose Appalation St is better then Michigan and Notre Dame is better then UCLA too :wacko:

Of course OSU overlooked this game, they have the far superior talent and team. To assume otherwise shows your homer ignorance.

That 7 points didn't play a part in the 7 point win :D

Nor did the TO on 4 and 1 , to allow Illinois to reconsider and go for the 1st down :D

We got beat, but that surely doesn't mean the end result to be drawn is Illinois is better, they have 3 losses to our 1 and we're playing for the Big 10 title next week :wacko:

Of course OSU overlooked this game, they have the far superior talent and team.

OSU is better than the Illini, but Illinois is clawing their way up the Big Ten pecking order. They have 3 game changers on offense and J Leman is a stud on D.

Illinois dominated the #1 team in their house on the ground. That QB is average, I'm glad you agree.

............and your just about gullible enough to really believe Illinois is the better team

Who's :D now ?

I suppose Appalation St is better then Michigan and Notre Dame is better then UCLA too ;)

Of course OSU overlooked this game, they have the far superior talent and team. To assume otherwise shows your homer ignorance.

They were better today, and for you to hide behind "my team lost it's focus and didn't prepare to win" is about the biggest cop out you can find, it's plain weak, pal.

Nor did the TO on 4 and 1 , to allow Illinois to reconsider and go for the 1st down :D

We got beat, but that surely doesn't mean the end result to be drawn is Illinois is better, they have 3 losses to our 1 and we're playing for the Big 10 title next week :D

Nobody is crowing about Illinois being a better team. The argument is that Ohio State is just as I advertised. A chump #1 that didn't deserve to be there and today it finally caught up to them. Better today for college football fans than in January like last year...Personally, I'd hate to see a faux team like the Luckeyes get their asses handed to them again.

As far as 7 points...the way lllinois was cramming it down the best team in the nation's throat (here's one for you...since you like to use it) :wacko: they could have easily put up another 3 or 7 if needed.

According to all of you, rankings are gospel, with Illinois and Wisconsin winning, they likely both will be in the polls, giving the Big Ten 5 ranked teams. OH MY GOSH WHAT A GREAT CONFERENCE!

Not to brag about my Conference, but the Big XII will have 3 teams in the top 5 come sunday, with KU a possible 1or 2, and TX in the top 15...sounds awful weak to me.......

OSU gets their wish- they do not have to get spanked by another SEC team in the NC game.....

LSU wins out and beats Tenn in the SEC championship game

Oregon wins out and plays LSU in the NC game

KU wins out beating a tough MU team the last game of the year, shocks OU in the Big 12 championship game and becomes this year's Boise St. NOT a single "L" on the year and on the outside looking in!!

Love to see a playoff as everyone here, that would be the only true way to end these "who's better" battles. My thoughts on who is best is:

1) LSU best conference, best team

2) Oregon best offense makes up for a soft D

3) OU Hate them, but they should of beat CU and been playing for the NC, unless of course they lose to Baylor tonight :D

If KU wins out they play for the NC, no way they get left out. A win vs Mizzu would be vs the # 5 BCS team, and then a win vs OU in the championship would be vs a #4 and they dont get in? I highly doubt that, but I do hope KU is undefeated going into the championship so OU can beat a #2 ranked KU team there,,,,

Not to brag about my Conference, but the Big XII will have 3 teams in the top 5 come sunday, with KU a possible 1or 2, and TX in the top 15...sounds awful weak to me.......

The Big 12 has been under the radar all season long, and I'm not sure why. It is as deep as it ever has been. The North Division actually is respectable with 2 good football teams. Well actually, I do know why, it's because Kansas and Mizzou aren't househould names, more media bias.

We got beat, but that surely doesn't mean the end result to be drawn is Illinois is better, they have 3 losses to our 1 and we're playing for the Big 10 title next week :wacko:

Think what a running QB like Dixon would have done to OSU...it would not have been a 7 point game...more like 27 points.....OSU should go play USC for a battle of the 4th an 5th best conferences.

OSU is better than the Illini, but Illinois is clawing their way up the Big Ten pecking order. They have 3 game changers on offense and J Leman is a stud on D.

And the Illini OL controlled scrimmage for most of the game, including the 4th quarter.

Edited by BadgerBacker

I still think Bucks have an excellent chance getting back into the NC game.

Kansas will lose to OSU , then beat OU in the Big 12 Championship, both will be out of the picture

LSU gets stomped by Georgia in the SEC Championship game.

OSU destoys Michigan by 30 points restoring the faith and moves into #2

OSU faces Oregon in the NC game

:D GO BUCKS !

For crying out loud give the NC talk a freaking rest. :D

GREAT GAME Illinois fans.

You guys deserved it, you outplayed us , you came into this game with a plan an executed it to perfection

Well done ! :D

:D Wins like this don't come along very often for Illinois. I'LL TAKE IT!!!! :wacko:

The Big 12 has been under the radar all season long, and I'm not sure why. It is as deep as it ever has been. The North Division actually is respectable with 2 good football teams. Well actually, I do know why, it's because Kansas and Mizzou aren't househould names, more media bias.

Kinda similar to what happens in the Big Ten when UM and OSU aren't good that year - "oh, Wisconsins and Penn State are the best teams? The conference must suck!"

Thank you Illinois. :wacko: You probably saved the Buckeye Nation from having to face another butt-whooping, :D in the NC game. It was fun while it lasted. The Buckeyes are young and talented. And this was a rebuilding year with most polls I've read having the Bucks only finishing third or fourth in the conference.

Ron Zook had a great game plan for the Buckeyes. He out-coached the Vest. The Illini wanted the game more. For now on I'll reserve the title of genius to that lowly shmuck who invented the paper clip.

Now onward to that team up North and hopefully a Big Eleven title. :DGo Bucks!

Illinois dominated the #1 team in their house on the ground. That QB is average, I'm glad you agree.

They were better today, and for you to hide behind "my team lost it's focus and didn't prepare to win" is about the biggest cop out you can find, it's plain weak, pal.

Nobody is crowing about Illinois being a better team. The argument is that Ohio State is just as I advertised. A chump #1 that didn't deserve to be there and today it finally caught up to them. Better today for college football fans than in January like last year...Personally, I'd hate to see a faux team like the Luckeyes get their asses handed to them again.

As far as 7 points...the way lllinois was cramming it down the best team in the nation's throat (here's one for you...since you like to use it) :D they could have easily put up another 3 or 7 if needed.

:wacko: You got me.

That's it???? Your glad I agree. :D

You have some problem with Math and you throw up a they would have scored another 3 or 7.

Sorry I'm not taking the bait...Nice try though.

:D You got me.

That's it???? Your glad I agree. :D

You have some problem with Math and you throw up a they would have scored another 3 or 7.

Sorry I'm not taking the bait...Nice try though.

Dude, that QB is average at best.

Your Bucks had a decent offensive team control the ball for over 14 minutes in their last two drives, they iced the game at the 27, with 2 minutes left...OK, they couldn't have gotten at least another 3 out of that drive.

NO... :wacko: You got me.

Edited by gilthorp

Your Bucks had a decent offensive team control the ball for over 14 minutes in their last two drives, they iced the game at the 27, with 2 minutes left...OK, they couldn't have gotten at least another 3 out of that drive.

NO... :D You got me.

I'll just agree to disagree with you.

The bottom line is OSU lost and that's okay.

I'm satisfied with the season and looking forward to next week in the biggest game of the year for this Buckeye fan.

It's officially Michigan week and nothing can dampen this week long holiday.

NO... :D You got me.

The game and plays change totally when there is a difference in a play like that.

Different plays are called and different results good or bad, so there's no way to prove your argument or mine that is why this would just go on and on.

I don't mind they got the snap off before the replay. The blame belongs to OSU for not calling a time out or outright challenge.

i don't know why your tying to get a rise out of Buckeye fans. Your entertaining I'll give you that.

If KU wins out they play for the NC, no way they get left out. A win vs Mizzu would be vs the # 5 BCS team, and then a win vs OU in the championship would be vs a #4 and they dont get in? I highly doubt that, but I do hope KU is undefeated going into the championship so OU can beat a #2 ranked KU team there,,,,

no question - if KU wins out there is no way they aren't playing for the NC- beating Mizzou AND OU will be a tough task.

can we all move this OSU train to the curb where it belongs- and talk about teams that are actually in the hunt.................

no question - if KU wins out there is no way they aren't playing for the NC- beating Mizzou AND OU will be a tough task.

can we all move this OSU train to the curb where it belongs- and talk about teams that are actually in the hunt.................

Pretty sure you just responded to a post that didn't reference OSU, but once again your passion for Buckeye football is overwhelmingly displayed in your use of their name again in your 1566 consecutive post.

Let it go man !

LET IT GO !

I'm sure I'll get plenty of "riiiiiiiiiiiights" from this, but I called this one... just didn't have the time to come post Friday night or yesterday. I do have "backup" as to my claim but at this point, I don't really care to bring it out... just happy with the results. :D

Edit: And didn't get to see anything more than highlights as I was out enjoying the UT/TexTech game, but I'm sure OSU will still be there come BCS time. Solid squad.

Edited by darin3

I didn't think Illinois would beat OSU in the shoe, but I knew they'd give them a good shot. I said weeks ago that OSU was being criticized for their lack of opponents early on in the season, but if you looked at their remaining schedule, it wasn't easy at all. Illinois has a lot of athletic kids, and like many have pointed out, run the type of offense that has given Ohio State fits in recent years. You can go back to Texas in 05'.