[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

1st Game at an ENEMY STADIUM

keggerz

My first game at an enemy stadium has been the many times I have been to Giants stadium..I live in NJ but I am a Cowboys fan. I never get hassled there.

What h8 said.

---

I've never seen a game at Lambeau or any other NFC North stadium other than Soldier Field.

But I have been to plenty of basketball games behind enemy lines when I was at UCSB, and just after graduating. A couple years after I had graduated (probably around '98), some alumni made plans to join a few hundred students at the UCSB/USC game at the Sports Arena in beautiful South Central LA. I recall the parking situation down there was.... interesting. Anyways, we get to the game and the "visitors' section" was in the 2nd deck, while all the SC fans (yeah, all 99 of 'em) were down close to the court. :D But the dumbazzes had passed out these crimson and gold placards that said "GO TROJANS" to the entire stadium. Way to make your booster budget work, SC. So there I sat, looking at this GO TROJANS sign, thinking of ways to deface it. I ended up tearing off the bottom corners, removing the "TR" and "ANS", leaving the sign to say "GO OJ". :wacko: This was right after the whole OJ Simpson debacle, and since OJ himself was a mighty Trojan, I found this funny. I instruct the remainder of the Gaucho faithful to do the same to their signs and hold them up. Eventually the SC fans took notice and we actually got a standing ovation from their student section and band. :D

Different sport, but same idea.

This spring we caught a game at Angel’s stadium. We are Mariner fans. There were seven of us including my wife, 11 year old son, and 7 year old daughter.

We got to the game about an hour early to watch batting practice. Our seats were about 7 rows deep in right field. The fans were great at first. My son was wearing an Ichiro jersey and my friends had on other Mariner spamshirts. The Angels took an early lead, going up 6-0. The fans were talking us up, asking where we were from ECT...

For the most part everyone around us was pounding beer after beer. The Mariners scored a few runs and their moods started to change. In the top of the eighth, a Mariner jacked a grand salami. We went wild cheering, now going ahead by a run.

The next thing I notice is some guy starts throwing peanuts at my 7 year old daughter. She starts crying and tells me he is making scary faces at her also. I was pretty drunk and eager to put a stop to it. He was a couple rows behind us. I stood up and said something to him and had three people throw their beers all over us. They were typical fat guys, who I could have crunched easily, but there were a lot of them, and I had my family with me.

Both my children started to cry. It was F'n scary. Security saw what was happening and went right after the guys who threw the beer on us. All seven of us got up and left. We watched the rest of the game standing up somewhere in left center where the stadium opened up.

The Mariners choked and lost by one. We grabbed the first taxi we saw and got the heck out of there.

Being from Montana, it was quite an eye opener for me. I still find it hard to believe they were so ignorant that they threw beer on little kids.

Would love to come across them in the mountains someday.

Edited by Missoula Griz

• 1 month later...

This is a story about how lame Rams fans are. A buddy of mine is an AVID Panthers fan and he scored a couple of tickets to this years opening game in St. Louis against the Panther and the seats were front row endzone. Of course he planned on wearing a Panthers Jersey (Steve Smith) so since the tickets were on him I figured I would root for the Panthers as well and I wore my Peppers Jersey.

All the way to St. Louis, a 2 hour drive, we were talking about all the crap we were going to get from the Rams fans for wearing Panthers spamshirts and sitting in the front row. We walked around the stadium for an hour before the game we did not hear one word from a Rams fan, and then throughout the entire gane, barely a word from a rams fan.

In fact the one thing anybody said to me directly was when a Rams fan looked at me and asked' So what do you think the Rams will do to blow this game?

It was the 1st Game of the season for GOD'S sake!

The most hostile thing anyone said to us the entire game was about half way through the 4th quarter after we had been forced to stand up for at least the 15th time for a Rams fan to go by, someone behind us finally said, Down in front! Of course I am not sure if he was talking to us or the guy wearing the Rams shirt.

Now I certainly was not hoping for anyone to start a fight or anything like that but a little well intentioned bantering at a football game is always fun.

Not in St. Louis, they have by far, the most lame fans in football!!