[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Coming into work sick

whomper

Do you come to work sick ?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. In regards to coming into work sick I

• Stay home if I am very sick
    • Tough it out if I am manageably sick
    • Stay home If I am sick at all
    • Go to work if its manageable but also see a doctor so it doesnt linger
    • Puddy :ninja:

You have sick days for a reason. Use them if you think what you have is contagious. When I worked in an office, I'd stay home sick if I felt what I had was going to spread. If I felt OK, though, I'd do some work from home and take the intermittent nap and pound some OJ.

Now I work from home (and travel) so...

Some companies combine those all into PTO.

Having your own business means that you cannot be sick and if you are it does not matter. I have literally worked on the site with a trash can by my side (enough said) in the past. I do not have to interact with other people in person so I am a unique case but sick doesn't much matter when something has to get done.

Having your own business means that you cannot be sick and if you are it does not matter. I have literally worked on the site with a trash can by my side (enough said) in the past. I do not have to interact with other people in person so I am a unique case but sick doesn't much matter when something has to get done.

i believe some of your game predictions over the years were done while you had severe head colds and disoreintation ... :D

:D

I have never used a sick day to be sick unless I was totally crushed. I can really only remember twice in the past 19 years that that has happened. I have used plenty of sick days to do things that I want to do though. To me a sick day is a well day. Sick of work and want to go golf = sick day for me.

Some companies combine those all into PTO.

This makes for a much more straightforward relationship between manager and staff ... no more hassle of "how sick are you" or "what's personal, what's playtime" debates ... We are fortunate to have this approach -- and as one who rarely gets sick, it really provides great flexibility, especially after being there 18 years and climbing to the top of the accrual ladder.

I used to be one of those who would go to work in nearly any condition, until I figured out I was just risking my co-workers' health and ultimately hurting the company through the "crawl in, don't call in" short-sighted perceived-heroic approach ... With the advent of being able to hook in from home seamlessly, it is now far easier to stay home, bang through the essentials, get some rest, and barf in the privacy of my own bathroom. :D

Edited by Donutrun Jellies

+1

I'm actually sick right now and at the office. Should I be at home? Probably but there's too much crap that won't get done if I'm not here.

I usually tough it out if I am sick unless it is really bad but if I see it lingering I will go see a doctor and get some meds. I will try and get a night appointment if I am not very ill and the appointment is available. This woman that I work with that sits right next to me has been hacking all over the place for about 2 solid weeks now. She has acknowledged she is sick and it covering when she coughs and has anti bacterial lotion all over the place but the bottom line is she and I exchange papers and patterns a lot during the day . Today I get up and my throat is soar and I am very clogged. It could be my allergies and it could be something I may not have picked up from her but ISMHO she is a little out of line. I can see toughing it out but squeeze in a Drs appointment to cut down the recovery time. She sits right in between me and my brother and we both are tired of this never ending cold she has. What is your opinion on it ?

My opinion is she's a thoughtless, brain-dead a-hole (FYI she has tons of company out there). Let me guess: gubmint worker?

Maybe when she hacks, you and/or your brother should walk up and hack right back at her, or pretend to sneeze on her when her back is turned etc. :D I'd like to think she'd get the hint, but probably not.