[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NOVA: Intelligent Design on Trial

TimC

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've given you my answer, friend.

No, you really haven't. You gave me an answer for a question that was never asked. "I believe in Jesus" is not a test of any kind for Creationism nor is it a reason to have it in a science class.

No, you really haven't. You gave me an answer for a question that was never asked. "I believe in Jesus" is not a test of any kind for Creationism nor is it a reason to have it in a science class.

You never answered my question, do you believe in Jesus? Does the question make you uncomfortable?

Your statement or mine?

There was no gap in the brain size data. There are primates that have lived with a wide variety and numerous examples of brain sizes between chimps' and humans'. That's what you asked for, that's what you got. :D

Because he might have a super duper new way that I haven't heard of.

Someone earlier linked you to a page on radiometric dating, did you read it? I'd also be happy to link you to a page on relative dating. You didn't have the basic grasp of radioactive half-life decay...you don't need to be a scientist to understand it.

I don't think you have any interest in learning about it, because your faith in Creationism is so skewed you won't allow yourself to learn.

There was no gap in the brain size data. There are primates that have lived with a wide variety and numerous examples of brain sizes between chimps' and humans'. That's what you asked for, that's what you got. :D

Primates aren't even close to our level.

They stop talking to you when you bring evidence and logic into the discussion.

Someone earlier linked you to a page on radiometric dating, did you read it? I'd also be happy to link you to a page on relative dating. You didn't have the basic grasp of radioactive half-life decay...you don't need to be a scientist to understand it.

I don't think you have any interest in learning about it, because your faith in Creationism is so skewed you won't allow yourself to learn.

I didn't read it, I was kind of getting bombarded by you all. If God created an aged earth doesn't that kind of throw a lot of things off anyways?

I'll continue to pray for you brother.

Don't. If you really wish to help, volunteer. Or if you really must invoke this god of yours, pray for Thews and any of the other huddlers that have requested it. They may get something from it.

You never answered my question, do you believe in Jesus? Does the question make you uncomfortable?

Quid pro quo, Clarice.

I believe that Jesus was a really nice guy that lived 2000 years ago. I don't believe he's the son of God, but I'm picking up what he was puttin' down (aka. don't be a dick). I don't know if he "lied" about anything as I wasn't there listening to him and his teachings, nor do I know if he was a lunatic.

Now answer my question, Clarice.

I don't do enough of that but I do tithe. I have a compassion child and support Friends of El Salvadore but I still fall short in my tithings.

Tithings don't really interest me as they are typically only for the benefit of the congregation i.e.(priest's salary, church upkeep, etc.). You should probably keep your money.

Primates aren't even close to our level.

Who said anything about level? You wanted brain size data bridging the gap between chimps and man.

When evolutionary paleontologists arrange and measure brain capacity between the primate and human being, there is a significant gap between the human and the next closest primate, with no credible fossil record to prove otherwise.

You got data directly opposite of this claim! What, you think the Smithsonian is lying?

By the way, brain size doesn't necessarily indicate how high functioning a being is. Elephant brains are much larger than ours for example.

Edited by The Irish Doggy

Quid pro quo, Clarice.

I believe that Jesus was a really nice guy that lived 2000 years ago. I don't believe he's the son of God, but I'm picking up what he was puttin' down (aka. don't be a dick). I don't know if he "lied" about anything as I wasn't there listening to him and his teachings, nor do I know if he was a lunatic.

Now answer my question, Clarice.

You will never buy into my beliefs until you are a believer in Christ. You have to believe that Christ was telling the truth when He claimed to be God, and the Creator of the Universe. You have to believe Him when He said that God created Adam & Eve. If you don't believe in Him it's hard to believe in some of the things he said (Adam & Eve). We will continue to go around in circles on this.