[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NOVA: Intelligent Design on Trial

TimC

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Creationism isn't a scientific theory.

Is that what this entire debate has been about? I thought we were debating two theories on how we all got here. If you're looking for some mathematical solution or scientific formula I'm sorry, I don't have one for you boss.

The use of the word "theory" as applied in it's scientific sense to evolution indicates that evolution has, via exhaustive testing, earned that distinction. In science, a theory is different to the common use of the word, which is closer to hypothesis or even guess.

From Wikipedia:

There is a difference between scientific theory and scientific fact. Evolution falls into the theory column.

This is not true. While as Christians we may not have much in the way of scientific evidence, we have plenty of other evidence. As JJ has pointed out, the prophecies of the Old Testament cannot be ignored. The validity of the New Testament has been supported by archeology as well as the cross referencing of several thousand of copies found from different places all over the world. You may choose to do so, but arguing against this is a lost cause.

The prophecies of Nostradamus can't be ignored either - tons of people still believe he was predicting all sorts of different events through his quatrains written hundreds of years before. The Kennedys, the death of popes, fires, 9/11, the list goes on. That's because people eventually found events to fit the writings if they tugged and pulled sufficiently. If you look at virtually all Nostradamus' writings, they can be used to explain many subsequent events - if you're gullible enough. There are maybe one or two out of a thousand that have some validity but even a blind squirrel.......

My thoughts are teachings of God should stay out of Science classrooms because it isn't science.

And I agree

FWIW, one of my kids took World Religions as an elective in HS. Nothing wrong with that. The problem with ID or creationism is that it's a backdoor route to establishing the teaching of religion in schools because to teach ID itself, you absolutely have to teach Christianity. Otherwise you'll have a five minute class - "the world was made by God in six days and that's it. Class dismissed.".

The prophecies of Nostradamus can't be ignored either - tons of people still believe he was predicting all sorts of different events through his quatrains written hundreds of years before. The Kennedys, the death of popes, fires, 9/11, the list goes on. That's because people eventually found events to fit the writings if they tugged and pulled sufficiently. If you look at virtually all Nostradamus' writings, they can be used to explain many subsequent events - if you're gullible enough. There are maybe one or two out of a thousand that have some validity but even a blind squirrel.......

I pointed this out earlier, Nostradamus has only been 80% accurate. Under the criteria to be considered a Biblical prophet he fails the first part which states you must be 100 % accurate. Daniel, Isaiah, Jereniah and Ezekiel were 100% correct. Nostradamus is a false prophet, no different than Balaam or some chick with a crystal ball.

This is where you are wrong. Nostradamus missed on many of his predictions and was very vague on alot of the ones he supposedly hit. To try and compare him with the prophets of the Bible is a stretch, big time. You obviously have not studied Bible prophecy very much. You should do so, even though I'm a creationist, I still read about evolution. One of the reasons that I believe the things that I do is because I have taken the time to look at varying opinions and religions. I know that there is alot of evidence that points to evolution and there are some brilliant people on that side of the debate. But, there are some pretty sharp minds on my side too, some of which are scientist.

JJ, you were a good dude. I hope this sudden and complete and total transformation doesn't end up being a mistake for you.

2 comments: First, I liked the old JJ, and I hope someone didn't force you to be something you're not or don't want to be. Second, I hope you are happy where you are and hope you continue to find happiness in your life.

What are your thoughts or theory on God?

'Cause I would really like to meet her.

And ask her why we're who we are.

Tell me all your thoughts on God?

'Cause I am on my way to see her.

So tell me am I very far?

Am I very far now

Am I very far now

Am I very far now

A lame song from the 90's......that's all I got. :D

Second, I hope you are happy where you are and hope you continue to find happiness in your life.

No, I came here on my own. I started reading the Bible and it tweaked my interest and here I am. Thanks for the second part of the post, I appreciate it.