[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NOVA: Intelligent Design on Trial

TimC

You will never buy into my beliefs until you are a believer in Christ. You have to believe that Christ was telling the truth when He claimed to be God, and the Creator of the Universe. You have to believe Him when He said that God created Adam & Eve. If you don't believe in Him it's hard to believe in some of the things he said (Adam & Eve). We will continue to go around in circles on this.

Only person I see going around in circles is you in this case, I'm sorry to say. I asked you how you think Creationism fits within the scientific method, and you say "you won't understand unless you believe". I'm a pretty smart guy. Explain it to me. Explain to me how Jesus and Adam and Eve fit the Scientific Method.

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only person I see going around in circles is you in this case, I'm sorry to say. I asked you how you think Creationism fits within the scientific method, and you say "you won't understand unless you believe". I'm a pretty smart guy. Explain it to me. Explain to me how Jesus and Adam and Eve fit the Scientific Method.

There's nothing scientific about it. Adam was created in the image of God. Do I need a formula to explain that.

There's nothing scientific about it. Adam was created in the image of God. Do I need a formula to explain that.

And how did you come by this information?

Jesus Christ confirmed it.

Hold on a sec there Chachi, you've jumped ahead of yourself. I didn't ask anything about confirmation, I asked where you came by this information. Answer the question that was asked, not the one that you'd like to have asked.

Jesus Christ confirmed it.

He did? When? Where? IIRC, I don't believe any of the books in the NT were written by JC. So we're left with the word of some of his friends and a couple of guys that weren't actually around him and are writing about it with third hand knowledge.

He did? When? Where? IIRC, I don't believe any of the books in the NT were written by JC. So we're left with the word of some of his friends and a couple of guys that weren't actually around him and are writing about it with third hand knowledge.

25,000 manuscripts with 99 % correlation rate

It was stated in Genesis and later confirmed by Christ.

OK, so I've finally dragged out of you that you go tthe info from Genesis. And just so I don't screw this up, Genesis is the first book of the Old Testament in the Bible.

Who wrote the Old Testament?

25,000 manuscripts with 99 % correlation rate, none of which were written by JC himself and all of which contain the same information from the same 27 or so books.

Fixed that for ya.

OK, so I've finally dragged out of you that you go tthe info from Genesis. And just so I don't screw this up, Genesis is the first book of the Old Testament in the Bible.

Who wrote the Old Testament?

What part? The OT is the Inspired Word of God.

What part? The OT is the Inspired Word of God.

Answer the question I asked, not the one you want me to ask.

Who wrote the Old Testament? Or, more specifically, who wrote Genisis?

Answer the question I asked, not the one you want me to ask.

Who wrote the Old Testament? Or, more specifically, who wrote Genisis?

Peter Gabriel

So you're saying everyone got it wrong.

No, I'm saying that none of the books of the OT were written by JC himself so it's kind of hard for someone to say "Jesus Christ Confirmed it" when JC himself never actually said anything of the sort. It was what his friends said.

today we teach kids that we evolved from apes. this is how we fill in the big holes in the evolution theory. we can't run an experiment on this to prove it, but we call it science. there are no predictable, repeatable results to back up this theory, only examples of evolution on a micro scale, from which we make the jump that all life came from the unexplained, spontaneous generation of the first few cells. there's some fuzz here as well, if you ask me.

To be fair, before we teach kids that we evolved from apes according to the theory of evolution, we first teach kids the difference between a scientific theory and a scientific law. So if the kids actually learned that difference, they would then understand that at this point it is just a theory.

Moses

So you're saying that Moses sat down one day and wrote down information that happened thousands of years before he was alive?

No, I'm saying that none of the books of the OT were written by JC himself so it's kind of hard for someone to say "Jesus Christ Confirmed it" when JC himself never actually said anything of the sort. It was what his friends said.

No He said it and I'll take Peter's word any day. These same "lying friends" were willing and in many cases died because they wouldn't denounce or deny His words or actions.