[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Westbrook

BigTen

I know the old rule of always start your studs but is this week against the Pats a week to actually sit him? With McNabb out and Feely at the helm I see the Pats focusing mainly on Westbrook and shutting him down (no threat on the outside). Also, is their any indication that Feely can get him the ball through the air where he gets a lot of points? Are owners out their bold enough to sit him? I know a lot will depend on who you have on the bench but this week against the Pats in NE sounds like a for sure sit. Can Westbrook produce this week (fantasy wise)? Or does this week make him a below average play? The Pats shut down LT at home (only 43 yards) but they did give up 114 yards to Addai on the road but Philly is no where near the Colts offensively. Thoughts?

Edited by BigTen

I know a lot will depend on who you have on the bench but this week against the Pats in NE sounds like a for sure sit.

I think you answered your own question. WHO do you have on your bench? if its a Frank Gore or that caliber, I'd go with Westy...But, if it is someone with a favorable matchup (maybe a Willie Parker), then maybe you do sit Westy...tough to call without knowing your bench and scoring

Don't think you can bench Westbrook at this point unless your other option is a top 6-8 performer with a sweet matchup.

If Feeley starts, all the more reason to feed Westbrook the ball either by handing off or dumping it off.

As it has been for quite some time... if anything happens on offense in Philly, it will be through Westy. At the very least he gets considerable garbage time yards.

M. Lynch went for 74 yds and a TD against NE in NE. Now those are not huge numbers but they are pretty good. Add in Westy's receiving skills and I think you would be very safe to start him.

As for Feely I know it was a few years ago but his best play has been when replacing McScabb in Philly. I think he fits well in Reids Offense.

Unless you have another Top 10 Rb I would start Westbrook with confidence.

Guys, it's Brian Westbrook. The closest thing to Barry Sanders we have seen since. He doens't need help. I actually expect him to have a big game. The Patriots are more of a bigger and slower type defense, which Westbrook usually thrives on. I'm sure Belichick will have Vrabel spying him at all times, but B-Dub will get his. He always does.

Benching Westbrook would be the definition of overcoaching. The guy always produces when he plays. The way the :Patriots score, Westy will be on the field often and have plenty of chances to break one.

You guys have convinced me ... I have MMorris in right now but I'm puttnig Westy back in. LT and Westy.

/1st place of course

With the way Westbrook has produced this year, and the way LT has underperformed to a degree, I'd consider benching LT against the stout Raven defense more than I'd consider benching Westbrook.

Sitting Morris against the Rams is painful.