[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Tough Stance is over

MikesVikes

The Packers are God's favorite team. How else do you explain Brett Favre?

League rules prohibit teams and players "from offering or accepting bonuses to a player for his or his team's performance against a particular team, a particular opposing player or players, or a particular group of an opposing team."

Perhaps targeting the whole league is a loophole.

The league has ruled that the Packers are allowed to cheat. We'll let you off this time, BUT DON'T DO IT AGAIN. And I mean it this time.

Too bad Belicheck didn't have it recorded for league review. :D

link

Shocking a Vikings fan would make a post about this. :D Anywho you are fooling yourself if you don't think this goes on all the time with players. Honestly who cares, not like it gave anyone an unfair advantage.

Would it really matter to you or I if the Packers were fined 50k or 100k for this? I'm pretty sure they can afford it.

I do want to see Timmons fined for stomping on Ricky Williams shoulder. That's really cowardly, hitting someone face down on the ground.

Do it face to face, but this is the Steelers you know.

Wasnt he in the middle of changing directions to go after the fumble by Ricky?

Ok, so this isn't exactly the same thing as buying some election votes. Some dude was giving another dude a tip for doing his job that he's already paid to do. A baron promise.

Does it ever happen? Yes, but only the Packers were dumb enough to brag about it in the papers and then say that they didn't know it was a rule. Ignorance is no excuse. Players do stupid things all the time. No excuse. Please officer, I didn't see that reduced speed sign. Can I not pay the fine this time? Didn't work for Koren Robinson when he clocked out at over 90 through town, but now that you play for the Packers, just don't let it happen again.

I'm sure that Michael Vick isn't the only guy in the league that liked to see dogs kill each for a little side bet. But he did get caught and pays the consequences.

I'm sure that Belicheck isn't the only coach that tried to cheat. If you're not cheating, your not trying is the mantra. But he did get caught and somebody (if not himself entirely) must pay the consequences.

Edited by MikesVikes

The league has ruled that the Packers are allowed to cheat. We'll let you off this time, BUT DON'T DO IT AGAIN. And I mean it this time.

Too bad Belicheck didn't have it recorded for league review. :D

link

Too bad that what the Packers were doing didn't potentially give them an unfair advantage in a game... or else you might actually have a point.

This is the type of thread you get when you have fans that are forced to watch a team that wears purple and wear goldilocks wigs to games.

Oh yea? And I suppose you've never worn a wig while eating a burger at Wendy's? Didn't think so.

Edited by MikesVikes