[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gun Permits where you live?

Skippy

Another thread got me thinking.

Here in Allegheny County which is in Western Pennsylvania, a permit to carry a concealed weapon is no big deal. To my knowledge the only thing that will prevent you from obtaining this permit, right away, is if you have been convicted of a crime. I am not sure if it has to be a felony or not but point is if you are clean, record wise, and want the permit, you will get it right away. Most of the people that I know, regular people, have a gun permit.

What is it like where you are?

I live in North Texas and little league baseball teams have fundraisers going door to door selling concealed gun licenses.

Actually, you can get a concealed license here but you have to take a class and cannot have a criminal record.

In California, you could get one if you went to the right county (ie. not a big city in it) but you usually had to show some reason like you carry store depostis or something like that.

I live in North Texas and little league baseball teams have fundraisers going door to door selling concealed gun licenses.

Actually, you can get a concealed license here but you have to take a class and cannot have a criminal record.

In California, you could get one if you went to the right county (ie. not a big city in it) but you usually had to show some reason like you carry store depostis or something like that.

In Oregon, its pretty simple to get one although the number of permits issued is pretty low. You only need a permit to carry concealed though. You can still carry open without.

In Washington, it was even easier to get a CPL.

In Oregon, its pretty simple to get one although the number of permits issued is pretty low. You only need a permit to carry concealed though. You can still carry open without.

In Washington, it was even easier to get a CPL.

Do you actually see people with a gun straped on the hip? The law is the same way here but if you walk down the street with a gun on the hip the police will pick you up for something. it won't be a gun violation but they will not let you walk around like that. I have had this disscussion recently with the assistant police chief here in Pittsburgh. While you are not breaking a gun law, they just are not going to let it happen. The only time you break the law is if you point that thing at someone or if you discharge it.

Do you actually see people with a gun straped on the hip? The law is the same way here but if you walk down the street with a gun on the hip the police will pick you up for something. it won't be a gun violation but they will not let you walk around like that. I have had this disscussion recently with the assistant police chief here in Pittsburgh. While you are not breaking a gun law, they just are not going to let it happen. The only time you break the law is if you point that thing at someone or if you discharge it.

Same thing here in MI, not breaking a law technically...but the police will arrest you for something.

As far as getting a CPL, gotta take a class, do the range time(some classes include it), not have a criminal record or severe mental illness, and fill out the paper work/pay money.

I just went to a CPL class this past Saturday with some friends.....I actually have mine already but I went anyway(didn't have to pay) did some outdoor range shooting.....it was a good time.

On a side note I just heard on the radio tonight about an organization to legalize carrying in colleges.....I went to their web site and checked it out. I think it's stupid to not allow, it's not like the crazies and criminals are not gonna carry there because they're not supposed to :D

It's called Students For Concealed Carry On Campus.

In New York State, if you are 18, and have no criminal record, you can easily purchase a rifle or a shotgun. However, if you want a hand gun, the application process includes: A form in triplicate to include four character references (non-relatives only) all of which require signature, all forms must be notarized, you need a notarized letter from your spouse that he/she is OK with you purchasing a handgun, 4 passport photos, $99 money order, 1 self addessed #10 stamped envelope, $25 for fingerprinting. The only way that they will issue a license to carry concealed is if you are in law enforcement, or have a job that is potentially dangerous which includes but not limited to dealing with large sums of cash.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

I wish we could ban guns here. Some idjut hunter woke me up at 6 AM last Saturday hunting on the land behind me. These are the same deer that walk up and graze nightly. They are nearly domesticated. Stupid hunters think they are actually accomplishing something. Next time, these idjuts can maybe shoot a dog after calling it to come to him.

If you really want to prove how manly you are, dumbass, maybe you can catch it and strangle it with your own hands. A retarded blind person in some gay camouflouge could kill a deer with a gun.

I wish we could ban guns here. Some idjut hunter woke me up at 6 AM last Saturday hunting on the land behind me. These are the same deer that walk up and graze nightly. They are nearly domesticated. Stupid hunters think they are actually accomplishing something. Next time, these idjuts can maybe shoot a dog after calling it to come to him.

If you really want to prove how manly you are, dumbass, maybe you can catch it and strangle it with your own hands. A retarded blind person in some gay camouflouge could kill a deer with a gun.

Send them up here. I got so many deer in my yard nothing up to five feet in height stands a chance of surviving the winter.

Utah is a very popular "shall issue" state with out of state applicants because Utah permits share reciprocity with most other issuing states. Permits are easy to get, but take 2-3 months to process.

Open carry us allowed here, but raises a lot eyebrows - which is exaclty why I do it - a lot. :D

Utah is a very popular "shall issue" state with out of state applicants because Utah permits share reciprocity with most other issuing states. Permits are easy to get, but take 2-3 months to process.

Open carry us allowed here, but raises a lot eyebrows - which is exaclty why I do it - a lot. :D

Can you elaborate a little here? Are you suggesting that someone could get an out of state permit in Utah in order to bypass the red tape in their own state?

Can you elaborate a little here? Are you suggesting that someone could get an out of state permit in Utah in order to bypass the red tape in their own state?

I think he means for Utah while in Utah. I know that a Utah carry permit would not fly in PA. You need a permit issued here to carry here.

I think he means for Utah while in Utah. I know that a Utah carry permit would not fly in PA. You need a permit issued here to carry here.

I was asking getting an out of state permit for Utah would move you through the permitting process in another state, not replace it.

Don't think that is true. See here hand gun law.

On map at top, click on issuing state's initials for map of states that have permit reciprocity.

Lots of other good info there too.

I will have to read that. I thought that "reciprocity" meant that if you had a permit from one state, you were a "shall issue" candidate for a state that offered reciprocity, but that you still needed the permit.