[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bart Scott’s meltdown

zmanzzzz

I said it earlier, and I'll say it again... It's all about respecting authority!!! Some do, some don't. I might get pissed about getting pulled over for speeding by a cop, but I treat him with respect when he is giving me a citation. I might not like it, but I respect his authority.

It's not about rolling over and taking it. You can express your disagreement without doing what he did; and having players actually hold him back (as if he was going to punch the guy???). Again, in my analogy, if I disagree with the cop, I let him know my points about how I didn't think I was speeding, but I don't take his citation and throw it in the street.

I want someone on my team with passion and excitement, but I don't want someone on my team that causes my TEAM to be in a worse situation just because he can't control HIMself. Same can be said for DeAngelo Hall and what he did earlier this year. He got in the refs face, he got in the coaches faces, and for what? So that he could "keep it REAL"?? I wonder if the posters that are defending Scott did the same for Hall back then?

P.S.

Oh, and not all unions fight for what they believe? Unless what they believe helps a few and not the many. Sorry, I had a BAD, BAD experience with a union. Not a fan at all.

A cop,thats fear of jail and more tickets,nothing to do with respect.My first DUI was given by Tom Dibartolo.He lied in my drivers liscense hearing about it not being windy.I spit out my chew in the opposite direction and hit him in the face when he was 3 feet behind me.,but it wasnt windy. :D

Heres what happened to him:

November 2, 1996 — Spokane County Sheriff’s Deputy Thomas DiBartolo shot and killed his wife Patti DiBartolo. He then shot himself and invented a story that two Black men had committed the crime. Despite a plea by his teenage son against releasing DiBartolo, DiBartolo was released. He was subsequently convicted of 1st degree murder and sentence to 25 years in prison.

I dont respect that.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said, a better example would be if your boss fired you for something that was his fault...or better yet, something you & your coworkers viewed as his fault.

And if you go ape$hit on your boss and throw his stapler across the room in that scenario, you're still making an idiotic decision that just makes your situation even worse. In that scenario, you go to a higher-up for justice... or possibly even an attorney. Just like Scott should've kept his anger in check and made a formal complaint to the Commissioner's office after the game.

You can also get somewhere in life by no letting people walk all over you.

But you can't win football games by drawing 30 yards worth of personal foul penalties in critical situations.

Edited by Bill Swerski

So you are saying he had a very good reason to throw a tantrum?? yes, I've been pulled over when I didn't think I was speeding and the cop did, but I didn't throw a tantrum. And if it were an emergency, I might be more anxious, but I know it wouldn't help me (and probably hurt me more) to act like a 2 year old. Will it help me to get to where I'm going (in an emergency) by going after the cop?? Probably not!!! Do I have recourse by reporting him to his authority( his boss) after the fact, yes. What did he gain from acting the way he did? What did he lose? Has not been taught how to handle a situation that isn't in his favor? Most of us in the real world have. For some of these players, the obviously haven't.

And does anyone want to say anything about my other example. Did anyone stand up for DeAngelo Hall?

I said "I can't say he wasn't wrong for doing it, but I can certainly sympathize with his frustration & understand why he did it." If he had physically gone after the ref then I would say he was completely in the wrong, but all he did was throw a flag in frustration. Hardly something to chastise him so harshly for IMO. As far as I know Scott doesn't have a long history of incidents such as this, however Hall does have a long & well-documented string of problems.

Who posted in: Bart Scott’s meltdown

Poster Posts

Bronco Billy 13

rajncajn 13

xtra 10

Piranha-z 9

Bill Swerski 8

Ditkaless Wonders 5

zmanzzzz 4

Grits and Shins 4

millerx 4

Gros Membres! 4

Furd 3

fballfreak 2

AtomicCEO 2

bushwacked 2

TheShiznit 2

Skippy 1

Hugh 0ne 1

skylive5 1

Square 1

SpinalTapp 1

SuperCharger 1

budlitebrad 1

Hugh-mongus 1

HowboutthemCowboys 1

Qball86 1

Stalking_Eagle 1

Big John 1

Donutrun Jellies 1

chester 1

Hitman 1

MTSuper7 1

Savage Beatings 1

jjpro11 1

piratesownninjas 1

MikesMarauders 1

I said "I can't say he wasn't wrong for doing it, but I can certainly sympathize with his frustration & understand why he did it." If he had physically gone after the ref then I would say he was completely in the wrong, but all he did was throw a flag in frustration. Hardly something to chastise him so harshly for IMO. As far as I know Scott doesn't have a long history of incidents such as this, however Hall does have a long & well-documented string of problems.

He had to be held back, so I would say he was physically going after the ref.

Hall is just known as a smack talker. He doesn't have a reputation of being a hot-headed idiot (at least not until this year). Unless you have some other proof, he doesn't have a long & well-documented string of problems that I know of...this year was the first incident of that sort. And actually, he has a pretty decent reputation off the field a well.

That being said, very few people defended him and his actions that cost his team. Is there anyone here on this post that defended Hall just the same as you are defending Scott? I guessing not. Maybe alot of this has as much to do with the hatred of the Pats as any other cause. Just a thought.

I guessing not. Maybe alot of this has as much to do with the hatred of the Pats as any other cause. Just a thought.

I think it might have more to do with the number of people that watched this game.Alot of the people taking your stance arent known Patriot lovers.

Edited by xtra

He had to be held back, so I would say he was physically going after the ref.

Hall is just known as a smack talker. He doesn't have a reputation of being a hot-headed idiot (at least not until this year). Unless you have some other proof, he doesn't have a long & well-documented string of problems that I know of...this year was the first incident of that sort. And actually, he has a pretty decent reputation off the field a well.

That being said, very few people defended him and his actions that cost his team. Is there anyone here on this post that defended Hall just the same as you are defending Scott? I guessing not. Maybe alot of this has as much to do with the hatred of the Pats as any other cause. Just a thought.

Well, it's kind of silly to say he had to be held back. he was likely just trying to go over & argue with the ref as they all do and as is typical in that situation his team mates were pushing him back. Hall, I just don't like him but what can I say I am a Saints fan. :D

I think it might have more to do with the number of people that watched this game.Alot of the people taking your stance arent known Patriot lovers.

:D It's probably a bit of both, but for me it's much ado about nothing. Players get frustrated all the time & do things that can cost their team. Scott threw the refs flag into the stands. While it's something that obviously has never been done and actually seems pretty comical from my standpoint, it's not something that I would consider to be as big a deal as it's being made out to be.

:D It's probably a bit of both, but for me it's much ado about nothing. Players get frustrated all the time & do things that can cost their team. Scott threw the refs flag into the stands. While it's something that obviously has never been done and actually seems pretty comical from my standpoint, it's not something that I would consider to be as big a deal as it's being made out to be.

+1

Billy, I guarantee the engineering firm I work for is (100X) the size of yours and I have seen it there, in a fooseball match of all things. The two guys almost went at it outside, but the next day realized they were idiots and apologized.

Man, I'm tired of engineers. Most of the ones I deal with are semi-retarded hacks that just get by because they get the final word in my side of the business (nobody to report them to when they are unethical or just plain wrong and try to force you to fix their mistakes). Oh, sorry.... back to the Bronco show (or was it the donkey show?).

Man, I'm tired of engineers. Most of the ones I deal with are semi-retarded hacks that just get by because they get the final word in my side of the business (nobody to report them to when they are unethical or just plain wrong and try to force you to fix their mistakes). Oh, sorry.... back to the Bronco show (or was it the donkey show?).

Actually, I am a senior designer for IBM, so I work for the engineers. Maybe just as bad??? I don't know :D