[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bart Scott’s meltdown

zmanzzzz

Man you guys are a bunch of stuffed shirts...you've never gotten frustrated about something or angry with someone and maybe slammed a door or threw something across the room...slammed your fist on a desk/table in anger, yelled at someone in the car? Gotten in an argument with someone?

Edit: sorry, but I'm going to have to call bull**** on that one. :D

Having to defend Reggie Bush as being 1st round worthy, much less the second coming of Christ, I in fact do understand the type of pain that you are in that might cause you to lose yout temper to such an extent.

:D

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man you guys are a bunch of stuffed shirts...you've never gotten frustrated about something or angry with someone and maybe slammed a door or threw something across the room...slammed your fist on a desk/table in anger, yelled at someone in the car? Gotten in an argument with someone?

Uh, I wouldn't consider those things comparable to what Scott did. It would be more accurate to compare it to telling your boss to f off when he/she says or does something that you don't like. Or throwing your boss' stapler across his/her office when you get laid off (and have the pressure of supporting a family and paying a mortgage with no income for a while).

Having to defend Reggie Bush as being 1st round worthy, much less the second coming of Christ, I in fact do understand the type of pain that you are in that might cause you to lose yout temper to such an extent.

:D

...says the fan of another 5 - 7 team. :D

Uh, I wouldn't consider those things comparable to what Scott did. It would be more accurate to compare it to telling your boss to f off when he/she says or does something that you don't like. Or throwing your boss' stapler across his/her office when you get laid off (and have the pressure of supporting a family and paying a mortgage with no income for a while).

Really? I didn't know the refs paid Scott's bills and telling the boss to f off is hardly comparable to Scott throwing the refs flag into the stands. :D Now if you want to say that Scott got pissed about being fined & went to Godell's office, ripped his tie off his neck & threw it out the window then I could see your point. However, I could see tossing the bosses stapler if he fired me for something he did though. :D

The fact that this occured in a "high pressure" situation while he was on the job is irrelevant. I don't recall that I have EVER seen a professional non-athlete throw a temper tantrum ... even in high pressure situations. In the "real" world where people work for a living that kind of behavior is a quick way to find yourself out of a job.

In my trade it happens alot.Thats just the way it is,and the union contract meetings can get even worse.Are they unprofessional?

No,they are just men who fight for what they believe instead of rolling over and just taking it.

He got pissed off,it happens.Id rather gave someone like that on my team then someone who is going to pick up the soap to keep the "peace".

As for Scott, I will give him this: I’ve never seen a player throw a flag as hard as he did. When he hangs ‘em up after his Pro Bowl career, I’d suggest he picks up either a baseball or a javelin.

I didn't read the whole thread, but this brings to mind the Orlando Brown penalty flag incident. Apparently, those things can do damage. Seeing how hard Scott threw that flag into the stands, has there been any repercussion from an injured fan? I haven't heard anything, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Edited by MTSuper7

Uh, I wouldn't consider those things comparable to what Scott did. It would be more accurate to compare it to telling your boss to f off when he/she says or does something that you don't like.

If youre boss insults you,they deserve it.I dont put them on a pedastool because of their position.To me thats just being fake,I treat them just like anyone else.If they dont respect me,they dont get my respect because of their position,its earned not given.

Edited by xtra

I saw a man at my work have to listen to incredibly ignorant and hateful barbs from the neighbors of a proposed group home for the disabled. The neighbors essentially equated those with certain disabilities to dangerous animals unworthy of a place in society. That man had a son with the very disability the neighbors were finding so offensive. He rose, shaking with righteous indignation, and rained a rant down on them which was well deserved. Being a government employee he was fired. The powers that be felt there is no excuse or provocation sufficient to justify a loss of control by a government employee.

In my trade it happens alot.Thats just the way it is,and the union contract meetings can get even worse.Are they unprofessional?

No,they are just men who fight for what they believe instead of rolling over and just taking it.

He got pissed off,it happens.Id rather gave someone like that on my team then someone who is going to pick up the soap to keep the "peace".

So ... you don't mind if your co-workers "fight for what they believe" even if it is detrimental to the well being of your company and even to your well being? His actions penalized his team. He wasn't "fighting for what he believed" he was throwing a damn tantrum.

If your child was to "fight for his belief" in such a manner at home ... say throwing his shoes across the room because he thinks you have unfairly told him to pick them up and put them away ... would you commend his actions as "standing up for his beliefs" or punish him for a tantrum?

I saw a man at my work have to listen to incredibly ignorant and hateful barbs from the neighbors of a proposed group home for the disabled. The neighbors essentially equated those with certain disabilities to dangerous animals unworthy of a place in society. That man had a son with the very disability the neighbors were finding so offensive. He rose, shaking with righteous indignation, and rained a rant down on them which was well deserved. Being a government employee he was fired. The powers that be felt there is no excuse or provocation sufficient to justify a loss of control by a government employee.

Props to that man for standing by his morals, nobody should have to endure that regardless of who they work for. :D

So ... you don't mind if your co-workers "fight for what they believe" even if it is detrimental to the well being of your company and even to your well being? His actions penalized his team. He wasn't "fighting for what he believed" he was throwing a damn tantrum.

If your child was to "fight for his belief" in such a manner at home ... say throwing his shoes across the room because he thinks you have unfairly told him to pick them up and put them away ... would you commend his actions as "standing up for his beliefs" or punish him for a tantrum?

Grits wife- "Grits, go take out the garbage."

Grits- "I can't right now, I've just started a live draft, it's my pick & I only have a couple of minutes to get my 1st pick in. I'll do it as soon as I'm done, I promise."

Grits Wife- "That football crap is not important, I need you to take out the garbage."

Grits- "Yes dear..."

Edited by rajncajn

I said it earlier, and I'll say it again... It's all about respecting authority!!! Some do, some don't. I might get pissed about getting pulled over for speeding by a cop, but I treat him with respect when he is giving me a citation. I might not like it, but I respect his authority.

It's not about rolling over and taking it. You can express your disagreement without doing what he did; and having players actually hold him back (as if he was going to punch the guy???). Again, in my analogy, if I disagree with the cop, I let him know my points about how I didn't think I was speeding, but I don't take his citation and throw it in the street.

I want someone on my team with passion and excitement, but I don't want someone on my team that causes my TEAM to be in a worse situation just because he can't control HIMself. Same can be said for DeAngelo Hall and what he did earlier this year. He got in the refs face, he got in the coaches faces, and for what? So that he could "keep it REAL"?? I wonder if the posters that are defending Scott did the same for Hall back then?

P.S.

Oh, and not all unions fight for what they believe? Unless what they believe helps a few and not the many. Sorry, I had a BAD, BAD experience with a union. Not a fan at all.

Edited by millerx

Grits wife- "Grits, go take out the garbage."

Grits- "I can't right now, I've just started a live draft, it's my pick & I only have a couple of minutes to get my 1st pick in. I'll do it as soon as I'm done, I promise."

Grits Wife- "That football crap is not important, I need you to take out the garbage."

Grits- "Yes dear..."

My wife gave up a long time ago ...

With all of the smack talk that goes on during games, you have to believe that future opponents of the Ravens are going to be calling him "boy" trying to bait him into another meltdown. You just wait... its coming... soon. :D

Rolle was the one being called boy.

I said it earlier, and I'll say it again... It's all about respecting authority!!! Some do, some don't. I might get pissed about getting pulled over for speeding by a cop, but I treat him with respect when he is giving me a citation. I might not like it, but I respect his authority.

What if you weren't actually speeding or maybe you had a very good reason (emergency) & when you tried to explain he told you to shut up that he didn't care & gave you the ticket anyway?

My point to all of you is it's very easy to say these things, but unless you are in a similar situation, to say that you wouldn't have done the same or you're vilifying him for it then JMO you're full of it.

Really?/I could have sworn the reason they say he was upset was because the ref kept saying something to the effect of "go back and play boy". .Have you seen 1 raven upset at him for what he did?I havent,but I may have missed it as I havent been following the story that closely .

IRefs get paid to do their job,and telling the boy to get back to work doesnt seem like something that falls in their job description.The ref started it,if he hadnt said it ,it wouldnt have happened.

If a kid at school punches your kid and your kid kicks his ass,is it your kids fault?

Really? I didn't know the refs paid Scott's bills and telling the boss to f off is hardly comparable to Scott throwing the refs flag into the stands. :D Now if you want to say that Scott got pissed about being fined & went to Godell's office, ripped his tie off his neck & threw it out the window then I could see your point. However, I could see tossing the bosses stapler if he fired me for something he did though. :D

People who get laid off don't pick up their boss' stapler and throw it across the room. And that's a hell of a lot more "pressure" to deal with than what Bart Scott and the Ravens experienced Monday night. So what's Scott's excuse for acting like an obnoxious d0uchebag again? Did the refs take away his paycheck and his ability to support his wife and kids? :wacko:

Not try, but there's still no justification for his meltdown that lead to TWO personal foul penalties and killed any chance that they had of sending the game to OT.

If youre boss insults you,they deserve it.I dont put them on a pedastool because of their position.To me thats just being fake,I treat them just like anyone else.If they dont respect me,they dont get my respect because of their position,its earned not given.

Anybody whose gotten anywhere in life has put up with a boss who acts like an unreasonable a$$hole at some point. Keeping one's cool when dealing with such a person is a valuable skill. And a necessary one if you want to get anywhere in your field.

Edited by Bill Swerski

People who get laid off don't pick up their boss' stapler and throw it across the room. And that's a hell of a lot more "pressure" to deal with than what Bart Scott and the Ravens experienced Monday night. So what's Scott's excuse for acting like an obnoxious d0uchebag again? Did the refs take away his paycheck and his ability to support his wife and kids? :D

Your analogy is a bad one as I've already pointed out. It's hardly similar in both nature & result. Not to mention when a person is laid off it is rarely ever the choice of a boss so therefore the employee would have no reason to be justifiably angry with him. Like I said, a better example would be if your boss fired you for something that was his fault...or better yet, something you & your coworkers viewed as his fault.

Not try, but there's still no justification for his meltdown that lead to TWO personal foul penalties and killed any chance that they had of sending the game to OT.

I can't say he wasn't wrong for doing it, but I can certainly sympathize with his frustration & understand why he did it.

Anybody whose gotten anywhere in life has put up with a boss who acts like an unreasonable a$$hole at some point. Keeping one's cool when dealing with such a person is a valuable skill. And a necessary one if you want to get anywhere in your field.

You can also get somewhere in life by no letting people walk all over you.

What if you weren't actually speeding or maybe you had a very good reason (emergency) & when you tried to explain he told you to shut up that he didn't care & gave you the ticket anyway?

My point to all of you is it's very easy to say these things, but unless you are in a similar situation, to say that you wouldn't have done the same or you're vilifying him for it then JMO you're full of it.

So you are saying he had a very good reason to throw a tantrum?? yes, I've been pulled over when I didn't think I was speeding and the cop did, but I didn't throw a tantrum. And if it were an emergency, I might be more anxious, but I know it wouldn't help me (and probably hurt me more) to act like a 2 year old. Will it help me to get to where I'm going (in an emergency) by going after the cop?? Probably not!!! Do I have recourse by reporting him to his authority( his boss) after the fact, yes. What did he gain from acting the way he did? What did he lose? Has not been taught how to handle a situation that isn't in his favor? Most of us in the real world have. For some of these players, the obviously haven't.

And does anyone want to say anyting about my other example. Did anyone stand up for DeAngelo Hall?

Yep, and if one "fights for his belief" by telling an unreasonable boss to f off and throwing his stapler across the room, that worker will be out of a job, won't get a letter of rec for his next job, and may be blackballed from that field for life. This is why Joe Average Worker doesn't go ape$hit on authority figures when he feels he's been wronged. Joe Average Worker has perspective on his situation and doesn't make irrational, emotionally-based decisions that damage him and those who rely on him. Bart Scott could learn a lot from Joe Average worker.

Edited by Bill Swerski