[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fun Fact!

untateve

OK...there is NO way she'll even believe the OxyClean turned your thermos into an ICBM. Here's what I'd do:

Walk in the kitchen and "discover" it yourself.

Call her in, in equal parts astonishment and anger, and show her the ceiling. Now...be careful NOT to blame her, as this will only lead to you getting in some serious hot water (possibly mixed with OxyClean) if she learns the truth.

Is it the type of hole that can be made by a squirrel? Does the ceiling lead to an attic or a crawl space? If so, instant blame can be left on one of natures 4-legged critters.

Edited by The Wolf

Does she normally have to approve all purchases over $4.49?

Yes. My wife is a terror. I am very whipped. I live in fear. I'm typing right now from the basement of my home while she storms around yelling because I didn't iron the crease in her blouse just so. God help me, I so wish I could be a man.

Yes. My wife is a terror. I am very whipped. I live in fear. I'm typing right now from the basement of my home while she storms around yelling because I didn't iron the crease in her blouse just so. God help me, I so wish I could be a man.

I know of a "shelter" in your area ....but you have to ditch the egg.

I enjoy a nice cup of coffee. I use a french press and I have a small aluminum thermos that holds about two cups of coffee. In the morning, I brew myself the coffee, pour myself a cup, and pour the rest into my thermos to keep it hot.

Now today, I notice that the inside of my thermos is really, really dirty. This is going to need something stronger than regular soap and water. I remember that my wife has purchased Oxi-Clean for the laundry and since adding a scoop to each wash, our clothes are cleaner and brighter.

My mind is always working and I think to myself, the Oxi-Clean container says that it is "versatile." I've seen my wife clean stains off the rug with it. So I fill my thermos a little more than 3/4 full with hot water and about a1/2 scoop of Oxi-Clean. I close the thermos up, give it a good shake, and look for other good I can do. About 15 minutes later, I hear a small noise in the kitchen. "Odd," I think to myself and go to investigate. Nothing amiss, so I go back to other things.

Approximately 5 minutes later, I hear a loud boom that eminates from the kitchen. I run to the kitchen and I'm greeted with an interesting sight: There is about 1/4 deep circle in my ceiling that is about the same diameter as my thermos top. Strangely, my thermos top is now on the kitchen floor and it has a noticeable crack in it. I clearly recall not putting it on the floor, but rather screwing it rather tightly into my thermos. There is also nasty, brown, coffee water all over the ceiling and cabinets.

Using deductive reasoning, it becomes apparent that I created something akin to a bomb when I decided to clean my thermos. I then go and read the Oxi-Clean container. Near the end of the "Warning" section it notes, "Do not store unused solutions for more than 6 hours, as pressure can build up and rupture the container and cause injury." Unfortunately, nowhere did it say that I shouldn't close it up tight in hot water inside my thermos. If it had, there is a small possibility I would have been dissuaded from my cleaning endeavor.

My wife is not home right now. My question to all of you--when she returns home and notices the ceiling, what should I tell her?

:D Thermos is a trademarked name. how dare you belittle it with a common lowercase "t." forget the hole in the ceiling -- the question you really should be asking is, how quickly will your wife leave you when she discovers your senseless debasing of the gift the great German company Thermos GmbH has bestowed upon us?

We use to get plastic two liter bottles, and put about 1/3 full of hot water, and drop in about a dozen marble sized foil balls... then pour in some crystal drano, put cap on, shake, throw!!!!

Makes a very loud, messy toxic bomb. Best if thrown in someones window you have a beef with.

+1 good info here

We used foil and then used The Works toilet bowl cleaner since it has HydroChloricAcid in it. Put that in the Camero of the high school teacher you hate the most and then shrink wrap the whole damn thing so he has to use a box knife to get in and scratch his pai.......oh peaches by the bucket.....am I typing this so people can see it???? LOL

You know, a little joint compound and a dab of (the right color) paint will fix that up right quick. So I wouldn't do anything. If she mentions it, and assuming she wants it fixed, it'll be easy to accommodate her.

Or, if it is relatively close to the kitchen sink...and there is already a hole or indentation....might I suggest you wire in a recessed light to help brighten the sink area she so complains about(regardless if she does or not). She will admire the initiative, but it could lead to more lighting projects down the road...so be careful.

Every time I go past this post I just have to chuckle a little. :D

My wife thought it was freakin' hiLARious.

Unfortunately, she's one of those "hey, tell them about the guy with the Oxi-Clean!" people, and relating the story without the original post just doesn't do it justice.