[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Should Brian Billick be fired?

KSUChiefsTarheelFan

I have been watching and reading all day about Billick's decision to go for the field goal with 9 seconds and inches to go. Aren't the odds of a botched snap, mis handled snap, and a block a lot higher then a QB sneak/draw play/ or dive play? We are talking about inches and you win the game.

Edited by KSUChiefsTarheelFan

don't know if this has been discussed, but I was watching the game (going against McGahee) and I think the correct play was to go for a TD and the win.

If he misses it's just one of those things that you should be able to gain an inch if you can't go home already.

The Ravens are out of the play-offs already. It's not like he was trying to preserve the perfect season (like NE is having)

Also he has to make a FG (almost a sure thing but has been missed many times from that distance) and then he has the coin toss he may never have got a chance to miss the FG in OT.

I think (IMO) with two teams no play-off implications it's 'smart' to win or lose the game at the end of regulation.

Maybe he had 99% of a tie and a 98% chance of a win. But with that 99% chance of tie you have a 50:50 chance of loss in OT so the odds of going for it are about the same in the end IMO

BB should be fired for giving up 5 TDs in a half two times this year. I think the Ravens are going to be thought of as bad or worse than the Fins this year.

Hell yeah, the guy is awful and certainly no "offensive" guru.

Billick is one of those guys who's made a living riding the coattails of very good/HOF-caliber players. His contributions to the Vikings and Ravens have been minimal and I expect that he'll be canned after the season.

This is a Ravens thread about Billick the Bonehead. Leave the Fish out. It's not like the Bears are rolling in 07 either.

Lighten up Francis, I'm not throwing stones in glass houses either.

And as bad as the Bears might be, they still have4 times the # of wins.

Billick is one of those guys who's made a living riding the coattails of very good/HOF-caliber players. His contributions to the Vikings and Ravens have been minimal and I expect that he'll be canned after the season.

They owe him a LOT of money, he'll be back.

Personally I've grown VERY weary of Billick, but this season isn't entirely his fault; the Ravens have been decimated by injury, just completely decimated. I am ready for a new HC, a new approach, a new attitude. VERY ready.

He'll get ONE more year to turn things around, next year he will NOT be calling the offense, THANK GOD.

don't know if this has been discussed, but I was watching the game (going against McGahee) and I think the correct play was to go for a TD and the win.

If he misses it's just one of those things that you should be able to gain an inch if you can't go home already.

The Ravens are out of the play-offs already. It's not like he was trying to preserve the perfect season (like NE is having)

Also he has to make a FG (almost a sure thing but has been missed many times from that distance) and then he has the coin toss he may never have got a chance to miss the FG in OT.

I think (IMO) with two teams no play-off implications it's 'smart' to win or lose the game at the end of regulation.

Maybe he had 99% of a tie and a 98% chance of a win. But with that 99% chance of tie you have a 50:50 chance of loss in OT so the odds of going for it are about the same in the end IMO

BB should be fired for giving up 5 TDs in a half two times this year. I think the Ravens are going to be thought of as bad or worse than the Fins this year.

While your numbers may be a bit off, I completely agree with the notion of going for the win. Like you kind of said, going for the FG is accepting a less than 50/50 chance of winning (.98*.50=49%). One has to think that your odds of punching it in from that distance is better than 50/50. Not the 98% you claim, but certainly better than 50/50.

I'm always amazed at everyone talking about the "moxie" shown by coaches when they actually go for it in a situation like this. Moxie? Playing by the numbers is moxie?

+1000

Guy never seems to have an answer for the Ravens' problems on offense.

The carousel of QBs and play callers is indicative of at least that much.

Oh and thank you, KSK :D...

:D and :wacko:

from this posting :D

Edited by kingfish247