[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

P Rivers....

Rovers

Phillips, Cutler, Leinart, Croyle, Clemens, Cambell, EManning plus some of the rookies or guys currently 2nd string - sure 2 or 3 will be pro-bowlers eventually out of that 1 to 4 years experience group, but i don't see any of them as pro bowl type locks.

Philip Rivers was a Pro Bowler in 2007 (oh the uproar over being selected over Brady). But he's not a lock.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't care much for trash talking either....or the Lights Out dance. And I'm a Charger fan.

But unless i know what EVERYONE on the field did or said I'm not going to put all of this on Rivers.

I'm not defending him, but can you honestly tell me that many if not most of these players don't have massive egos??

gasp

That's just crazy talk. What century you from you dinosaur? It's all about "entertainment" now, not the sport or having any class/maturity.

:D

But I'd rather have that than "Deer in the headlights" Eli.
I'd say the jury is very much out. Neither exactly dazzled anyone this year, at least not with ANY consistency.

"oh, and this whole thing is a joke - athlete talks trash on field? Why is this a story? Cause he's a QB...that's about it."

Yeah its a joke because Rivers wasn't on the field, and was already pulled from the game. It doesn't take much sack to talk trash knowing the other team isn't going to be able to do anything about it, and it takes less sack to not even own up to it. He's a coward and a liar, and not that great of a QB to be that much of an idiot.

Yeah its a joke because Rivers wasn't on the field, and was already pulled from the game. It doesn't take much sack to talk trash knowing the other team isn't going to be able to do anything about it, and it takes less sack to not even own up to it.

Not only does it not "take much sack" but, he's obviously an idiot if he forgets he has to face these guys twice a year.

Well at least we didn’t have to listen to McBoob and some of the other numbskulls around here crowning the Chargers the AFC and/or Superbowl champs in week 4 again this year

McBoob??? Wow, never heard that before! Put me right in my place. McBooger, McSnott, M C Boobhead, how about Mc B :D:D B , possibly Mc B-cup :D at my age the man titties could probably use at leasst a C-cup yawn:

Dude, I've been on these boards tooooo long to have a "harsh" McBoob, throw me off my game. :D

Menudo, you know I'm always cool witcha brah! Like the other side of the pillow baby! Just havin' fun too :wacko: You know I pretty much grew up a Steeler/Pats/Dolphin fan until we finally settled in San Diego (talk about a long suffering fan ;) ) I think Ben has been the biggest suprise of the three and would be happy with either him OR Rivers. Eli is NOT and never will be his brother or our QBs! IMO. All three are taking their teams to the tourny this year and that says something! I was bummed to see WIllie go down. You want all teams to be at their best in order to enjoy the best games possible. He is NOT replacable at this time of year and Ben really has to step up big. He is an Awsome QB and I would like nothing better than to see the Chargers host the Steelers for the AFC Championship, another benni of the 3 seed (the last time they did that was a pretty dang good game!)

My point is that Rivers, coming off a pro-bowl season, has as a starter had two HCs, OCs and QB coaches in his two years. He looks very unconfortable at times this year with where he wants to go with the ball. Last year was much more dink and dunk. Coach Turner is expecting many different things from Rivers this year. Rivers is finally getting it and the Chargers are clearly making longer plays in the passing game on a regular basis than last year down the stretch. Chambers was a huge addition and his presense has made VJax what he was at the end of last year... a solid #2.

I for one think it may be too little too late, but next year could be a different story. He is tough in the pocket, making the tough throws and is making much better decisions. He threw five identicle picks to LBs that I think three at least were returned for TDs. He has NOT been making those throws over the last month and a half.

I still think the NASTY game with the Titans woke this team up and would face a very different reality in a game in San DIego. In JAX, the Chargers didn't even wake up until halftime and pretty much shut them down and almost stole that one as well in the second half.

This is not a finesse team of the Fouts era and had to remember that they play better taking the game to the opponent. They wear on teams, very much like JAX, but have better WRs and TEs. IF IF IF the passing game continues to get better each week, They win the first game and then lose to the Colts in INDY. They will punish the Colts physically and soften them up for a cruise win by the PATS (which I hate to predict) or Steelers )which I hope for). The only way they get past the Colts is to run LT and control the clock, but the Colts D is one of the least acknowledged stories of the year! For some reason, the Bolt D always seems to give the Colts fits. Just a good/bad match-up depending on your position.

Rivers yaps. He is not a crap QB (he is a young, second year starter that MOST teams would love to have as their starter), does not swear, but does like to mix it up between the lines and plays with a lot (too much) emmotion. I could not find the link, but during the game, Rivers sought out Champ and asked him< "What's up? I thought we were tight?" Champ did not respond and Rivers said to him that he knows he only talks the talk on the grass! As the saying goes..., "It takes two to tango!" and I would put money on it that it was NOT a one way street!

Should my Bolts go to the show, it will be because of a healthey and dominant D (Merriman and Castillo are baaaaaack). They have been playing scary good the last 6 weeks. The Vikings game actuallly brought them tighter and the Titans game made them believe in their QB. All at the right time of year too. :headbang:

Edited by McBoog

I'd say the jury is very much out. Neither exactly dazzled anyone this year, at least not with ANY consistency.

My point in comparing Eli and Rivers is that Eli is clearly not a leader. Rivers gets angry and isn't afraid to voice his opinion. Eli doesn't have control of his team....at least according to the legend of Tiki.

Yawn. :D

Yet another ESPN manufactured "man drama" story.

Yup, Brett Favre plays with emotion and talks trash during the game. He's a gunslinger in the old west style of player.. yadda-yadda-yadda.

He's a golden boy/untouchable for his competitive fire and leadership on the field.

(No, I didn't say Rivers matched Favre in career accomplishments).

Add "ability", "skill" and "testicular fortitude" and you would be right.

....but at least he's QB'd his team to consecutive division titles in his only two years starting. i'll take that instead of your fortitudinal testicles if i have to choose. :D

Wow!!!! You can tell the season is coming to a end when this kind of stuff makes headlines.

Guess what???? SO WHAT!!!

Rivers jawed his mouth a little, big deal.

it will get settled later.

Rivers has been fiery guy since his college days and I don't see anything has changed.

I mean you see guys jawing after a 2 yard gain and they are down by 20 :D

....but at least he's QB'd his team to consecutive division titles in his only two years starting. i'll take that instead of your fortitudinal testicles if i have to choose. :D

Thank you LT , Gates , and sd defense ..if anything Rivers may have held them back ( certainly Brees would have done better )

Wow!!!! You can tell the season is coming to a end when this kind of stuff makes headlines.

Guess what???? SO WHAT!!!

Rivers jawed his mouth a little, big deal.

it will get settled later.

Rivers has been fiery guy since his college days and I don't see anything has changed.

I mean you see guys jawing after a 2 yard gain and they are down by 20 :D

I looked at the video again ...it looks ridiculous ...He is a qb on the sidelines hiding behind two bigger line men jawing like a punk ...pathetic not fiery