[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I got a Playstation 3 for X-Mas

SuperBalla

I maybe a :D or a :dork: but if you have a PS3...what games do you like? I like to play shooter games online.

Again...:D

some good games:

first-person shooters: call of duty 4, the orange box (a compilation of half-life 2, two expansions and two other games)

third-person shooter/action-adventure: uncharted: drake's fortune

hack-and-slash: heavenly sword (this game is pretty short, though, so may not be worth buying unless you like to play through a bunch of times)

Thinking about picking one up down the line. I've got a 32"Vizio LCD HDTV. Will the BluRay movies work well or do you need a higher end 1080P type television for the quality to show through?

I don't have a HD TV yet...I am not sure but my friend (Engineer at Shaw) has a bad arss TV (HD) and all that and the graphics are simply amazing. I was watching him play Call to Duty 4: Modern Day and the images were spectacular.

Here is the homepage for the PS3

Thinking about picking one up down the line. I've got a 32"Vizio LCD HDTV. Will the BluRay movies work well or do you need a higher end 1080P type television for the quality to show through?

if its an HD set it will be spectacular

Figured it might be a good way to spend my FF winnings. Of course I have the original X-Box and haven't touched it in years. At least I can use the excuse of watching blu ray movies if i don't get into gaming too much...

Go for it...maybe you'll see SuperBalla peaking over a brick wall and you could bust that my favorite party in the head with a .308 sniper rifle.

no, the TV you have is just fine...especially at 32"...you won't know the difference between 1080p and 720p..

I watch Blu-rays on a 32" flat LCD HD set...and it's spot on the money..

Last night, I played a video game for the first time in at least 5 years. Jeebus! Those things are insane! We weren't even playing anything fast moving, rather Tiger Woods '07 but the graphics and controls are crazy. I shot 3 over at Pebble Beach. Honestly, I was pretty happy with my effort, though my friend apparently made the settings as easy as he could (wind, green speed, etc).

I maybe a :D or a :dork: but if you have a PS3...what games do you like? I like to play shooter games online.

Again...:wacko:

For online shooters, if you like arcarde type: Resistance Fall of Man is a blast.

If you like the tactical variety, Call of Duty 4 is the shiz.

My id is servozn if you ever want to tag up online

I have also only heard good things about Warhawk, but I have yet to play it.

:D

• 1 month later...

Just made the jump from 360 to PS3.....needed a new DVD player- so the PS3 was a slam dunk!!!

cool machine- I love it so far- COD4 is off the charts- and I am presently surprised at the online play, I thought since it was free it would be weak, not as good as the MS online play, but not bad at all.

Blu Ray is sick- awesome experience both with Video and Audio- thought the remote would be a pain in the ass - but it actually is way more user friendly than a regular reomote.....

let's hear it on some more games- think I may have to get The Orange Box- played Resistance Fall of Man- not a fan - I just can't get into it after COD4 - game play is too soft, not as crisp as COD4 :wacko:

Assasins Creed looks cool- is it worth getting?

Just made the jump from 360 to PS3.....needed a new DVD player- so the PS3 was a slam dunk!!!

cool machine- I love it so far- COD4 is off the charts- and I am presently surprised at the online play, I thought since it was free it would be weak, not as good as the MS online play, but not bad at all.

Blu Ray is sick- awesome experience both with Video and Audio- thought the remote would be a pain in the ass - but it actually is way more user friendly than a regular reomote.....

let's hear it on some more games- think I may have to get The Orange Box- played Resistance Fall of Man- not a fan - I just can't get into it after COD4 - game play is too soft, not as crisp as COD4 :wacko:

I would recommend renting Assassins Creed...it's a great game...fun and all..but the fighting is repetitive...I still played it long enough to beat it..

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune is a game to get...Burnout: Paradise is great for a racing game...it's not your usual racing game..

also Devil May Cry 4 is great...plus I have downloaded a few games from the PSN and the Bowling game is very similar to the Wii bowling, but you can listen to music stored on your PS3 while playing as if it was in the background...plus superior graphics by far...

it is a pretty cool game. very unique and visually it is off the charts. absolutely loved the art direction, and the concept of being able to climb the highest church in accre and look out over the stunning views. very cool. the mechanics of movement and combat are pretty good, and also very unique and innovative. but the combat actually gets easier though as you progress throught the game...once you master some of the counter attacks you can take on basically an unlimited stream of guards and you're pretty much impervious to death. that aspect was kinda lame. but the real problem with the game is that it is so repetitive. after the first 3 or 4 assassinations it just doesn't really "go" anywhere, you just do all of the same stuff over and over again. the gameplay just becomes formulaic and really sorta boring.

overall i would say the game is definitely worth playing through once. i doubt you will have much desire to play it through again, or go back and get all of the flags or whatever. i sure didn't, even though i was definitely glad to experience the better aspects of the game. so renting may be your best bet.

i also just finished the new ratchet and clank, which was pretty good. visually very nice, with some nice open environments. but gameplay-wise it was just another ratchet and clank game. i would almost have to say i enjoyed the last one on ps2 more.

overall i would say the game is definitely worth playing through once. i doubt you will have much desire to play it through again, or go back and get all of the flags or whatever. i sure didn't, even though i was definitely glad to experience the better aspects of the game. so renting may be your best bet.

+1 - I rented it from Gamefly and played pretty regular for 2 weeks, completed it and sent it back.

it is a pretty cool game. very unique and visually it is off the charts. absolutely loved the art direction, and the concept of being able to climb the highest church in accre and look out over the stunning views. very cool. the mechanics of movement and combat are pretty good, and also very unique and innovative. but the combat actually gets easier though as you progress throught the game...once you master some of the counter attacks you can take on basically an unlimited stream of guards and you're pretty much impervious to death. that aspect was kinda lame. but the real problem with the game is that it is so repetitive. after the first 3 or 4 assassinations it just doesn't really "go" anywhere, you just do all of the same stuff over and over again. the gameplay just becomes formulaic and really sorta boring.

i also just finished the new ratchet and clank, which was pretty good. visually very nice, with some nice open environments. but gameplay-wise it was just another ratchet and clank game. i would almost have to say i enjoyed the last one on ps2 more.

thanks- I will check it out fo sure b/c I love all the factors you mentioned- visuals, story line, and combat etc outweigh a game getting repetitive., or tooe easy to beat

I mean, I like the ability to kick some ass EASILY on occasion instead of getting my ass handed to me like i do online with COD4.......

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone play Call of Duty 4 online?

COD4 :wacko: 's

let's bump this mf and get some COD4 tag names , shall we.

Mine is: hwerd level 30 or so

Holy chit this game rocks- after getting my ass handed to me over and over- afinally got some of the decent weaponry and I am now starting to kick some butt and win a few........

laser sighting, flash grenades are yer friend

I'm no expert but I got my two boys a PS3 for Xmas. They have a game where they gun down bad dudes. I tell them that they're going to get addicted to killing. :wacko: They also Hooked the tv they use for the PS3 right next to my computer so they can play on-line. They tell me I'm interfering with their game when I log onto my computer. A great investment on my part. :D