[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How is your geography

Missoula Griz

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won again....604995. I think its more important to be closer to the exact location than to do it in a faster time.

Exactly. On level 11 when they ask about the Pacific Islands and whatnot, if you miss by a lot and only gather about 300 points on just one question, yer screwed.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

One major flaw in the game is that it doesn't always get "harder". I mean, I many not know exactly where some very random city in Jamaica, Ireland, or Sri Lanka is, but I got three such cities in a "Very Hard" round and obviously didn't miss by much 'cause the countries are so damned small. Meanwhile, I've missed by a ton on "easy" cities in really large countries or in Africa in earlier round.

Fresh start this morning:

10, 355609, 110

Get killed by almost all African countries. Can anyone seriously say they know where Toga is off the top of thier head?

I've had no problem with Africa but once they get into the islands I have no clue. Missed level 12 by friggin' 50 points on my last attempt due to being out by about 8,000 miles on one question about some godforsaken chain of atolls in the sea somewhere.

The maps so damn small you can't even see if there's any land in the ocean areas.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

need bigger map.

...and not do it on a laptop. No kidding.

I think the speed thing is kinda dumb though, or at least it should only make a very small diff. You're supposed to be getting tested on knowledge, not how much you played Mortal Combat as a kid. Still a good link though.

I think the speed thing is kinda dumb though, or at least it should only make a very small diff. You're supposed to be getting tested on knowledge, not how much you played Mortal Combat as a kid. Still a good link though.

Hey genius, the speed thing is so cheaters like you don't flip to a world map on another webpage.

Hey genius, the speed thing is so cheaters like you don't flip to a world map on another webpage.

Well that and it does, in fact, only make a small diff. If you get really close, you get like 4500 pts. Really fast? like 400.

So, came just short of level 12. Needed 55000 to advance and I got 50000. Totally whiffed on a few. :D

I've had no problem with Africa but once they get into the islands I have no clue. Missed level 12 by friggin' 50 points on my last attempt due to being out by about 8,000 miles on one question about some godforsaken chain of atolls in the sea somewhere.

The maps so damn small you can't even see if there's any land in the ocean areas.

Yup. I always thought the Galapagos were off of the coast of southern Chile to the west, wrong. Thats after even reading "Galapagos" by Kurt Vonnegut this year. :D

If you'll notice, the score breakdown is heavily weighted towards how close you get to the place, not the time. The max points you can get for a quick time is 400.