[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huckabee takes Iowa

budlitebrad

After the monumental failures of the Clinton/Bush royal families, I welcome a return to moderate American visionary leadership ... :D

I see both Presidents Clinton and Bush as being moderates in their respective parties. Clinton was a master at centrist politics IMO and Bush is no where near being a conservative. Both of those Presidents have tried to shape their respective parties in their own image instead of just being mouth-pieces for the established party platform. I think it is actually because they are moderates that I have such disdain for both of them.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that this is just an indicator that nothing is settled on the Republican side. Huckabee may play well in the areas of the country in severe denial but that won't fly everywhere. I would look for a strong showing by McCain and/or Giuliani in the next couple of primaries.

Iowa rarely reflects what the country is thinking.

And maybe it's jst me, but is someone with a name like "Huckabee" truly electable?

For my part, I could just never see myself voting for someone who's name sounds so much like Huckleberry - unless he was just that good, which he isn't.

I've voted Republican in the past, but right now my vote would go to Obama if given that choice in a general election.

And yes - a monkey just did fly out of my arse, 'cause that's what it was going to take to have me cast a ballot for a Democrat.

Under the Rove strategy they could win with 51% of the vote.

Unfortunately after taking office they didn't think they needed to represent the other 49% of the country.

We need real representation in this country. I wouldn't mind every incumbant being voted out.

And Joe Biden dropped out of the race. :D When do candidates pick thier V.P's? Is it during primary season or after they have the nomination? If Biden gets selected as someones running mate they will get my vote. At this point if I had to chose between Obama and Clinton I would vote Obama. Clinton just seems like too much of an insider. I actually voted for McCain in the 2000 elections but he seems to have lost his centrist agenda at this point. I would still consider him but would have to hear more. Huckabee is a joke and so are the Iowans that voted for him. Romney is a smug jackass. If it came down to Obama - McCain I would have a tough choice. Probably would leav McCain at this point.

No matter what happens in these early contests, Super Tuesday (or Tsunami Tuesday with 24 states now included) will be the deciding factor.

I like Obama, but I'd only vote for him if it were him against Huckabee. Since all black people know how to play bass guitar, I think we should have a bass battle between Obama and Huckabee if it came down to them. :D

i agree with whoever said mccain was the real winner and romney the real loser last night, and mccain only wins because romney now looks weak. giuliani seems out of it. the best thing in the world for mccain is for this thing to start looking like mccain versus huckabee, and that appears to be the direction things are going in.

I'm not so sure blind party obediance is a substitute for religion, but I do get your point. Corporations as churches are equally dangerous. We need people who value our people and country more than ideology, whatever that ideology is.

Obama winning in a pretty white state and getting most of his money from small donors is pretty huge.

I think Huckabee just shows republicans aren't happy with the candidates yet, but Iowa doesn't really give a read on the country by itself.

Primary roadmap

I think the statement above nicely sums up my feelings.

I'm not entirely sure which is more dangerous between religion and big corporations, but I tend to think the extreme religions and its followers demonstrate a lack of tollerance for alternate views, and that scares the hell out of me if that same attitude takes any more hold in government.

And maybe it's jst me, but is someone with a name like "Huckabee" truly electable?

For my part, I could just never see myself voting for someone who's name sounds so much like Huckleberry

You'd rather vote for a guy whose name sounds like he's got a bomb in his shoe?