[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PIT vs JAX

BeeR

I wouldn't call it hindsight champions, I just won some money off one of my buddies over here, when I bet him that Jacksonville would win this game 31-29 after the 2nd 2 point conversion.

Could you be the Godfather of my next child. You are clearly the smartest person alive.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said that it was a no-brainer. I just said that his decision to go for 2 after that first TD in the 4th made sense. PIT had been trailing the entire game, so who could've envisioned that they'd score three TDs in the fourth quarter?

Good rarely comes from going for 2 with that much clock left, particularly in the NFL, when your Indianapolis Colts are the best example of how a team can come back with not much time. Nothing good ever comes of going for 2 with that much time. Risk is not worth the reward.

I thought that the Garrard QB draw on 4th and 2 was not only incredibly ballsy, it was a stroke of genius. Garrard got the first down and then forced PIT to use its timeouts.

I was wondering to myself what set of plays I'd use on 3 and 2, then 4th and 2, and frankly a QB draw did not come to mind. Well done.

I thought that the Garrard QB draw on 4th and 2 was not only incredibly ballsy, it was a stroke of genius. Garrard got the first down and then forced PIT to use its timeouts.

I was wondering to myself what set of plays I'd use on 3 and 2, then 4th and 2, and frankly a QB draw did not come to mind. Well done.

Great play call, and great execution. It won the game.

O-B-S-E-S-S-I-O-N

LMFAO! YOU calling anyone else obsessed? :D I can say this much.... if it were MY team in a playoff game, I would NOT be posting on some freakin message board while the game was being played. I'd be glued to the TV. THAT would be an obsession..... but you wave that terrible towel so often, and then spend time on a message board while your team is playing.... well, nevermind. Yer funny.

Great play call, and great execution. It won the game.

True dat. I was cringing thinking Garrard would throw again. The Steelers must have smelled blood, like I did. Oops.

LMFAO! YOU calling anyone else obsessed? :D I can say this much.... if it were MY team in a playoff game, I would NOT be posting on some freakin message board while the game was being played. I'd be glued to the TV. THAT would be an obsession..... but you wave that terrible towel so often, and then spend time on a message board while your team is playing.... well, nevermind. Yer funny.

I guess it could be in the realm of possibility that said obsessive person could easily have a laptop with wireless connection, or a computer with the game on it, or a computer with a view of a tv with the game on it. But then again, I think outside the box.

They are called laptops. Us young whippernsappers that are younger than 90 use them to communicate while watching a game.

Congrats on the Jags win, as a Jets fan, you must be proud.......... :D

Edited by Menudo

I guess it could be in the realm of possibility that said obsessive person could easily have a laptop with wireless connection, or a computer with the game on it, or a computer with a view of a tv with the game on it. But then again, I think outside the box.

Oh boy, now you did it. You made fun of a guy who is well-known as one of the thinnest skinned people on this board. Expect a PM.

Late to the party here but, whoever called the play on 3rd and 5 where Roth ran the ball should be fired. Worst play call I've seen in a LONG time. That's what you call playing to not lose the game , instead of playing to win. HORRIBLE.

I've read the last few pages of this thread and can't believe that no Steeler fans are puking over this play call. :D

I've read the last few pages of this thread and can't believe that no Steeler fans are puking over this play call. :D

Well, I didn't necessarily like it, but, I knew what they were doing. Roethlisberger is a good runner and hard to bring down. They wanted to try for the first, with the advantage of making the Jags call a timeout if they didn't get it. Obviously, I would rather they show some guts and throw for the game-clinching first down, but, it seems to be the norm in the NFL in those types of situations. Hopefully, Tomlin (who I assume approved the call) will learn from it.

Oh boy, now you did it. You made fun of a guy who is well-known as one of the thinnest skinned people on this board. Expect a PM.

:D

Well, you know...oh, hang on...someone is knocking on the door...:D

Menudo, sorry dude....thought they could hang on.

the Garrard run was a total surprise.

what the hell was up with that Roth. run to the side on that crucial 3rd down??

most bizzare play all game.

edit...i see you answered that one already

Edited by pig devilz

They are called laptops. Us young whippernsappers that are younger than 90 use them to communicate while watching a game.

Congrats on the Jags win, as a Jets fan, you must be proud.......... :D

Ah, going deep into the pickle barrel again eh? Laptop or not Khloe, Kim and Kourtney Kardashian-are you doing posting at a message board while your team is playing in a playoff game? Laptop or not, that is weak! You seem more worried about your Steeler PR at the Huddle than you are in the freakin team! By the way, I turned 53 just yesterday, but you don;'t seem to understand the idea of respecting elders! :D

Ah, going deep into the pickle barrel again eh? Laptop or not Khloe, Kim and Kourtney Kardashian-are you doing posting at a message board while your team is playing in a playoff game? Laptop or not, that is weak! You seem more worried about your Steeler PR at the Huddle than you are in the freakin team! By the way, I turned 53 just yesterday, but you don;'t seem to understand the idea of respecting elders! :D

Rovers, I've always like you. I'm not sure why you have an issue with me, but, your agenda tonight is clear.

Why am I posting here during a playoff game ? I love this place. I used to make fun of people like me, that posted on a message board, and actually cared what anonymous people thought. Then, some significant things happened in my life, and I realized how great some of the people on this board can be, and made some "internet friends", who helped me through some difficult times. Years, ago, I would have thought that would have been impossible, but, I love this place, and like interacting with people who dwell here.

Edited by Menudo

Rovers, I've always like you. I'm not sure why you have an issue with me, but, your agenda tonight is clear.

Why am I posting here during a playoff game ? I love this place. I used to make fun of people like me, that posted on a message board, and actually cared what anonymous people thought. Then, some significant things happened in my life, and I realized how great some of the people on this board can be, and made some "internet friends", who helped me through some difficult times. Years, ago, I would have thought that would have been impossible, but, I love this place, and like interacting with people who dwell here.

It's simple. You constantly wave the terrible towel. You wrote poems, yo asked for all the attention, and you got it. Then, when you get the attention, you don't like it. When you play in the sandbox, and throw a lot of sand, guess what? You get some sand thrown back at you. It's not a complicated sociology problem. I used to root for the Steelers. You changed that, Congrats.

Wow... I had a shell chambered, and my toe on the trigger... needless to say, wow.

jackschit, I did comment on the Holmes catch, he had it.

The pass interference in the the endzone however was a JOKE.

After our last discussion of the last Pitt/Jax game a few weeks ago... which coach were the Pitt fans BOOING while the pitt D was on the field in the first half?

It's simple. You constantly wave the terrible towel. You wrote poems, yo asked for all the attention, and you got it. Then, when you get the attention, you don't like it. When you play in the sandbox, and throw a lot of sand, guess what? You get some sand thrown back at you. It's not a complicated sociology problem. I used to root for the Steelers. You changed that, Congrats.

Dude, do you really think that you bothered me even a little bit tonight ? You are delusional. All of this is fun for me. I'm not mad at you. I love all of it. I love ripping on people and getting ripped on myself. That is what this place is all about. If you really stopped rooting for the Steelers because of me, than all I can say is, WOW, that is quite a compliment. I never thought as an anonymous person that I could have that much impact on someone's real life. Take care Rovers, like I said before, I think you are a GREAT guy that really needs to lighten up, which I know has been said to you before.

Wow... I had a shell chambered, and my toe on the trigger... needless to say, wow.

jackschit, I did comment on the Holmes catch, he had it.

The pass interference in the the endzone however was a JOKE.

After our last discussion of the last Pitt/Jax game a few weeks ago... which coach were the Pitt fans BOOING while the pitt D was on the field in the first half?

Congrats H8tank...... I really hope you guys pull of the impossible next week.

As for the fans booing. Steelers fans are used to winning, they weren't happy....no big deal.

The Steelers had a great season, they did much better than many (myself included) expected. Hats off to them.

PIT was the best team in our division this season.

Jacksonville is a VERY good team, even better than I thought. Garrard is one cool customer.

Edited by Gdawg

Congrats H8tank...... I really hope you guys pull of the impossible next week.

Thanks man! Needless to say, my enthusiasm is a little subdued after we let Pitt back in the game like that, at half time, I was begging for the Patriots... now... ouch.

Rovers had a sex change a few years ago, her hormones are still a little off.

Dude, you have to admit, that was one of the craziest, emotion swinging games ever.

I had given up, then, when the Steelers took the lead, I was dancing around my basement like an idiot. My dog came running down to make sure I was o.k. :D

Thanks man! Needless to say, my enthusiasm is a little subdued after we let Pitt back in the game like that, at half time, I was begging for the Patriots... now... ouch.

One thing that makes me proud, is that the Steelers usually go down with a fight, which they did tonight. Still, you guys obviously proved you were the better team....twice.

Dude, you have to admit, that was one of the craziest, emotion swinging games ever.

I had given up, then, when the Steelers took the lead, I was dancing around my basement like an idiot. My dog came running down to make sure I was o.k. :D

That last FG must have been a kick in the nuts.