[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PIT vs JAX

BeeR

Great game..... :D:D

Congrats to the Jags. They are a great team, and I love they way they play the game.

Despite the loss, I'm real proud of the Steelers for their effort in coming back in the 2nd half. Great effort.

Considering what Tomlin was coming into, I'm real pleased with this 1st year. The Steelers have a lot of pieces in place. They need to try their best to sign Faneca. If that doesn't happen, they need to concentrate 100% to getting the offensive line in place for next year. The draft, free agents, etc. should be concentrated 100% on the o-line.

Good luck to the Jags next week. I'll be rooting for them big time !!!!! I'll also enjoy watching the rest of these playoffs. There is nothing better in sports, and just because the Steelers lost, doesn't stop my enjoyment of this great time of year.

Congrats Jags fan !!!! :D:wacko:

Great Game.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh? The two-point conversion would've made it a three-point game.

Guys, this ain't rocket science. Pitt scored a TD with 10:00 left to cut the score to 28-23. They kick and extra point and it's 28-24. Then the next TD with extra point makes it 31-28 Pitt. Instead, with a TON of time left, Pitt goes for 2 and misses. Then, when they go up 29-28 on the next TD, the 2 point failed (made sense to go for that one though).

Guys, this ain't rocket science. Pitt scored a TD with 10:00 left to cut the score to 28-23. They kick and extra point and it's 28-24. Then the next TD with extra point makes it 31-28 Pitt. Instead, with a TON of time left, Pitt goes for 2 and misses. Then, when they go up 29-28 on the next TD, the 2 point failed (made sense to go for that one though).

Correct, Tomlin should be fired. :D

Hindsight champions crack me up.

Great game..... :D;)

Congrats to the Jags. They are a great team, and I love they way they play the game.

Despite the loss, I'm real proud of the Steelers for their effort in coming back in the 2nd half. Great effort.

Considering what Tomlin was coming into, I'm real pleased with this 1st year. The Steelers have a lot of pieces in place. They need to try their best to sign Faneca. If that doesn't happen, they need to concentrate 100% to getting the offensive line in place for next year. The draft, free agents, etc. should be concentrated 100% on the o-line.

Good luck to the Jags next week. I'll be rooting for them big time !!!!! I'll also enjoy watching the rest of these playoffs. There is nothing better in sports, and just because the Steelers lost, doesn't stop my enjoyment of this great time of year.

Congrats Jags fan !!!! :D:D

Great Game.

:D

:wacko:

No matter what help PIT did / did not get from the refs, the JAX play-calling in the 4th quarter has been bizarre to say the least, IMO, which has not helped their cause in the least.

I agree totally. I was not saying that the missed call would cost Jax the game. My point was that it was a blatant facemask by Ward that was not called. Pittsburgh definitely out-played Jax in the 2nd half. Hey, at least it was a good game to watch.

Guys, this ain't rocket science. Pitt scored a TD with 10:00 left to cut the score to 28-23. They kick and extra point and it's 28-24. Then the next TD with extra point makes it 31-28 Pitt.

You're saying this with 20-20 hindsight. There was no guarantee for a second TD to put them ahead. Tomlin was playing to make it a three-point game and hoping that his defense would hold JAX and that they'd be able to get into FG range by the end of regulation.

That's assuming a Titans loss. I'd rather see Jax play Indy next week. :D

Luckily, you are not a Patriots fan, so, you have nothing invested in it.

:D

You're saying this with 20-20 hindsight. There was no guarantee for a second TD to put them ahead. Tomlin was playing to make it a three-point game and hoping that his defense would hold JAX and that they'd be able to get into FG range by the end of regulation.

I am saying that there was 10:00 left, so it wasn't exactly a no-brainer to go for 2. A lot of time. And of course the comment is in hindsight, but the thought crossed my mind that it seemed a little early to go for 2. But hey, coaches get paid the big bucks to make those decisions.

He was a HUGH part of their comeback, after he played an awful first half.

yeah he did well to bring them back, but he was also a "HUGH" part of why they lost. Or didn't you watch the whole game?

No matter what help PIT did / did not get from the refs, the JAX play-calling in the 4th quarter has been bizarre to say the least, IMO, which has not helped their cause in the least.

True. The Jags didn't get to where they were relying on Garrard's arm...run the f'n football!

OK, two can play your stupid game. What if Scobee hadn't missed that 30yd field goal? What ifs go either way... :D

I am saying that there was 10:00 left, so it wasn't exactly a no-brainer to go for 2.

I never said that it was a no-brainer. I just said that his decision to go for 2 after that first TD with 10 min left in the 4th made sense. PIT had been trailing the entire game, so who could've envisioned that they'd score three TDs in the fourth quarter?

Edited by Bill Swerski

Great game..... :D:D

Congrats Jags fan !!!! :D:wacko:

Great Game.

Menudo's version of Marlon Brando screaming.... "Stella.... Steeelllaaaaa!"

I almost picked SEA D, as well as Josh Brown. :D

JAX assuming they play NE will get hammered, but congrats on the win. If they play IND, an upset definitely possible.

I played the #1 seeds in Smackbowl but put my dough on the Hawks in TheOhioState Playoff league, so I'm happy.