[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We are Marshall...

irish

WOW, is all I can say right now as I just finished watching the movie about the plane crash that took 75 coaches', players', etc. lives and how they somehow managed to keep the program together through it all. What an emotional story. I have seen some great movies depicting important/special/tragic sports' events before but this one may have topped them all. I figure that this has most definitely been talked about before on this board, however, I just couldn't help myself from mentioning it again.

We are...Marshall! We are... Marshall! We are... Marshall!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW, is all I can say right now as I just finished watching the movie about the plane crash that took 75 coaches', players', etc. lives and how they somehow managed to keep the program together through it all. What an emotional story. I have seen some great movies depicting important/special/tragic sports' events before but this one may have topped them all. I figure that this has most definitely been talked about before on this board, however, I just couldn't help myself from mentioning it again.

We are...Marshall! We are... Marshall! We are... Marshall!

Agree completely. So much that I found myself following their team this year.

yep, movie was better then I expected going in. Enjoyed it quite a bit. I hate to say but McConahey (sp?) was excellent as the coach. I have no idea if the coach had those mannerisms but MM played it pretty well.

Not sure where it now ranks in my sports movie category but it's probably at least top 10.

Good movie.

yep, movie was better then I expected going in. Enjoyed it quite a bit. I hate to say but McConahey (sp?) was excellent as the coach. I have no idea if the coach had those mannerisms but MM played it pretty well.

Not sure where it now ranks in my sports movie category but it's probably at least top 10.

Good movie.

I dont think I have liked a movie MM has done since Dazed and Confuesed. But he was pretty good in this one, and he kept his shirt on! Which is almost unheard of. Pretty good movie.

Alright alright.

I really enjoyed the movie as well. University of Montana played Marshall twice in the 90's for the national championship of Division IAA.

We beat them in 1995, but lost the next year. Guess who tore our secondary apart? Randy Moss.

A buddy of mine who played in the NFL for 4 years was one of our safetys who had to deal with Randy all day. He said he was blown away by the speed and jumping ability of Moss.

I went to a school with a guy named Marshall. No one wanted him around but he kept trying to convince everyone he was cool.

:D:D:wacko:

I went to a school with a guy named Marshall. No one wanted him around but he kept trying to convince everyone he was cool.

Did he finally realize that it didn't matter and that he was happy with his life and himself and just move on?

Did he finally realize that it didn't matter and that he was happy with his life and himself and just move on?

Probably after he came out.

Good movie.

werd- much bettert than expected - it was well done. MM did a great job -

really enjoyed it

Meh....the actual event is incredibly captivating, but I found this to be a typically cliche movie...including Mcconaughey's aw shucks head coach character. Always saying the right thing right time........like when he was trying to recruit the assistant who was reluctant and then pointed to the train and mentioned how after the Ohio rail line disaster that train was back on track. :D

Meh....the actual event is incredibly captivating, but I found this to be a typically cliche movie...including Mcconaughey's aw shucks head coach character. Always saying the right thing right time........like when he was trying to recruit the assistant who was reluctant and then pointed to the train and mentioned how after the Ohio rail line disaster that train was back on track. :D

Why do you hate America ?

Wow, you definitely are entitled to your opinion, but IMO you couldn't be more off. The part you referred to was just one of the many good parts in the movie. MM did a great job in this role and the movie was well done. Just one of those emotional flicks. :D

Wow, you definitely are entitled to your opinion, but IMO you couldn't be more off. The part you referred to was just one of the many good parts in the movie. MM did a great job in this role and the movie was well done. Just one of those emotional flicks. :D

Did you choke up during Rambo 2 when Stallone said he wanted his country to love him as much as he loves it?

Marshall was produced/directed well and muscle man did a good job acting. The symbolic dialogue and sub plots seemed incredibly scripted, phony, and sappy for the most part. I expected an artistic license to play into the movie plot, but after seeing this thread I thought it would feel more authentic. Rudy wasn't a bad movie, and I also enjoyed it, but I wasn't emotionally swept away by either film.

Did you choke up during Rambo 2 when Stallone said he wanted his country to love him as much as he loves it?

Marshall was produced/directed well and muscle man did a good job acting. The symbolic dialogue and sub plots seemed incredibly scripted, phony, and sappy for the most part. I expected an artistic license to play into the movie plot, but after seeing this thread I thought it would feel more authentic. Rudy wasn't a bad movie, and I also enjoyed it, but I wasn't emotionally swept away by either film.

Do you even have a soul ?

:D