[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who wins: Jax @ NE

H8tank

123 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins: Jax @ NE

• Jaguars
    • Patriots

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Keg.....you still predicting that FG win for Jax?

yeah i said i was gonna go out on a limb and say scobee hits a 50+ yarder to win the game...but if JAX is gonna win i sure hope it doesnt go down to the wire like that....i do think this is gonna be a close game no matter who wins but yeah i can still be grounded enough to say that NE has the weapons to turn any game into a blowout.

Jeremy "Daddy piped in crowd noise to the Metrodome" Green had this to say:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/c...mp;lid=tab2pos1

"So, yes, I guess I will continue to be unfazed by the Patriots' 16-0 record. And no, I am not a fan of the Jaguars or hater of the Patriots. A fan never thinks his team can lose, but no team is invincible. In the playoffs, it's one-and-done and anything can happen. Even Jacksonville beating New England."

For whatever reason, analysts and sportswriters (and even many huddlers) seem to like to pick against New England, despite the 16-0 record in the regular season. I don't know how many of them deep down really think New England will lose, but this is one of those situations where people want to set themselves up to look like geniuses by saying "See, I called it. I knew the Pats would lose that game." To me, this is like me picking the #15 seed to upset the #2 seed in my March Madness bracket. Most of the time it won't work, but the time it does, I can gladly exclaim to my friends "You see... I just knew Hampton was going to beat Iowa State."

Reality is that for many of us, we are tired of seeing the Patriots win. We pick against them because we want to look like geniuses if we're right, but for us NFL fans out there, we just want to see the mighty fall for a change. Who doesn't root for the underdog? But if NE continues to win, it's very easy for our "bold prediction" to disappear quietly from existence. I just have to chuckle at guys like Jeremy Green who will be very quick to toot his own horn if the Jaguars somehow win. But if they don't, I guarantee he'll be back next week to tell us all how the Colts will beat the Patriots. And if that doesn't happen, it'll be the NFC sacrificial lamb that'll win...

I guess that is why they say "no guts, no glory".

[reversepsychology] Oh, and for the record, I guarantee New England will win this game. Period. [/reversepsychology]

I just have to chuckle at guys like Jeremy Green who will be very quick to toot his own horn if the Jaguars somehow win. But if they don't, I guarantee he'll be back next week to tell us all how the Colts will beat the Patriots. And if that doesn't happen, it'll be the NFC sacrificial lamb that'll win...

Jeremy Green is definitely worth a chuckle.

What I mean is that since the Pats had leads(usually large ones) teams were forced to pass....agreed. but they didn't always have large leads.

since the pats didnt lose any games then that means that teams weren't very successful passing the ball

it also means other teams were not successful running the ball too. unless you want to just add up stats. my definition of success is a Win. it also means that the running game was of little use, it didnt keep them from falling behind, or keep the Patriots from scoring. and yes, i do think the Patriots will put up points. and thats not going out on a limb.

because if they were they would have scored more and the pats would have lost here or there.

again, if their opponents running game was so great, and the Patriots run D sucked so bad,

their opponents should have put up enough points and won a game here or there. i mean, you are saying that the Jags could win this game by running on the Patriots.

so by your logic, why didnt any other teams running game beat the Patriots?

and no, it doesn't concern me that the Jags have the #2 running O in the league.

are they good? yes. any team still playing at this time of the year is at least good.

does it concern me? no. not enough to think the Jags can win.

and no, i'm not arrogant about it. it's just what i see for this game. you added the homerism to my post.

talk to me next week if the Colts win....

maybe we just need to agree to disagree.... :D

I was drunk. However, we did beat them last time in GB, and GB comes to Jax next year regular season.

That all you got after calling me out H8? :wacko:

Man, I think I'm actually dissappointed in you for the first time EVER!

You asked for it, I gave it to you and you ignor my response with "you were drunk" ??? :D:D

That all you got after calling me out H8? :wacko:

Man, I think I'm actually dissappointed in you for the first time EVER!

You asked for it, I gave it to you and you ignor my response with "you were drunk" ??? :D:D

No napoleon, (you are a short, bitter old man aren't you?). I was incorrect about playing GB in regular season, we play them next season.

Your ludicrous statement that the Jags had a soft schedule, that is a laugher. Your little rant was an incoherent tirade with no meat. I am sure you were hoping all those words and such would impress... if you want to make a good argument with facts, look no farther than kegz.

I'm off to Gillette Stadium. Look for me to be heckling Josh Scoobee while he warms up :D

:D have fun everyone!!!!

I'm jealous. :D Seriously, have fun. If the Jags do pul loff the impossible, please keep your fellow Pats fans from jumping off the catwalk. :wacko:

No napoleon, (you are a short, bitter old man aren't you?). I was incorrect about playing GB in regular season, we play them next season.

Your ludicrous statement that the Jags had a soft schedule, that is a laugher. Your little rant was an incoherent tirade with no meat. I am sure you were hoping all those words and such would impress... if you want to make a good argument with facts, look no farther than kegz.

Actually, look no further than a 2-4 DIvision record and a schedule of opponents with a less than .500 winning percentage (i.e. SOFT). The only team with a WORSE DIvision record was the Texans at 1-5, therir one win coming against.... JAX.

Bitter, old and fat (with a bad back to boot), but actually well over 6 feet. :D

almost nailed it.

I did! ;)

H8? :D Sorry dude, I was pullin' hard for ya! But, it is better to be realistic about your homer team than blind!

Something about a "footrace". Also the "stupididty" (and something about 18 years??? and doing a Seahawk chick???) of a soft schedule, especially when looking at teams that can actually throw the football? The season DID NOT prepare the Jags to win this game at this level. :D Feel free to review my moronic rants if you want to undestand what happened!

Good Luck Next year! I'll probably be doing a big :D after today's game as well.

OH! And good luck against GB NEXT year! :wacko::D

Edited by McBoog

I did! :D

The season DID NOT prepare the Jags to win this game at this level. :D Feel free to review my moronic rants if you want to undestand what happened!

The jags did exactly what they wanted and executed almost perfectly, the Pats were nearly flawless. Jags win a game at this level? What the hell does that mean?

Your rants, which you keep reminding me about, is the same thing every talking head on ESPN has been saying all week, please forgive me if I am not impressed.

Did you forget about the rule about talking bad about the jags if your team can't beat them? Shoo napoleon, I have some pat and colt fans to deal with.

The jags did exactly what they wanted and executed almost perfectly, the Pats were nearly flawless. Jags win a game at this level? What the hell does that mean?

Your rants, which you keep reminding me about, is the same thing every talking head on ESPN has been saying all week, please forgive me if I am not impressed.

Did you forget about the rule about talking bad about the jags if your team can't beat them? Shoo napoleon, I have some pat and colt fans to deal with.

Sooooo, now you're only half drunk? I didn't talk "bad about your wife", I just said she wasn't the prettiest girl at the Party. I don't think the season presented enough of a challenge for the Chargers last year to get them ready for the next level (plus the Marty factor), I saw the same thiing in the jags schedule this year (unly the Jags has a much more composed HC). You guys are a few pieces away.

They executed enough to get behind, brought some extra pressure when they realized they were not going to win in their base D, and got burned when they tried to do it.

The Jags need a big time WR and some tweeks/players that can get them out of a vanilla style of pass D. They did some great things to build on and I hope the Boltz use some of their plan against the Pats.

And this rule you talk about, does this mean you are supposed to :D ti EVERY Colt fan on these boards. We almost took you in your house and could do what you couldn't do to the Colts... beat 'em TWICE! The jags beat NIETHER! They are kick a$$ at beating sub-.500 teams though :D

Bring it on big guy, I can homer up with the best of them. BUT, I still try to remain realistic.

hey keggerz...i'm not trying to stir up old chit, but...

since the Jags running game was nearly nonexistent, was that why they lost?

was it because the Patriots D stopped them or do you put it on DelRio and his game plan?

granted, we all now know that Garrard has a passing game...but as i said in a previous post,

i didnt think the Jags could change their mo for one game and win...

hey keggerz...i'm not trying to stir up old chit, but...

since the Jags running game was nearly nonexistent, was that why they lost?

was it because the Patriots D stopped them or do you put it on DelRio and his game plan?

granted, we all now know that Garrard has a passing game...but as i said in a previous post,

i didnt think the Jags could change their mo for one game and win...

All I can say is that I expected a much heavier running game plan...but it is hard to argue with the offensive game plan

that DelRio used....each team only had 8 possessions(including NEs final drive that they were killing the clock as well as the play they took a knee on going into the half and Jax's last drive of 1 play)...the pats scored on basically 5 of their 6 possessions ...i wasnt really shocked by garrards play but that wasnt what i expected to see....as far as their running game goes thru their first 3 possessions they had ran 10 times for 44 yards(4.4 ypc) so they were having success with it...in the end the pats/brady played a perfect offensive game and jags fans get to say what IF northcutt had caught those two tough catches

Edited by keggerz