[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who wins: Jax @ NE

H8tank

123 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins: Jax @ NE

• Jaguars
    • Patriots

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But if they are running the ball successfully,they will only have to pass when they want to and the field position on a return wont have anything to do with dictating that.

when i wrote what i wrote, i was gunna include, '...and i don't think the Jags will be running

up and down the field on the Patriots...' but left it out thinking it would be understood

that they would have to throw because the Patriots would be jamming the run......my bad i guess.

good special team coverage + long field + jamming the run = pass.

the point i was making about field position is a very simple one...don't over think it.

Dude... roll back 1 page. Full on keggerz action.

saw that...that was to FIDTML and his Maroney comment.

i never knew Laurence was just a number. :D

waiting on keggerz to 'splain to me the errors of my ways.

which was what he was refering to.....

i'm sure he's off crunching the numbers. :D

saw that...that was to FIDTML and his Maroney comment.

i never knew Laurence was just a number. :D

waiting on keggerz to 'splain to me the errors of my ways.

which was what he was refering to.....

i'm sure he's off crunching the numbers. :D

you are already on the hook and i will reel it in as slow or fast as I want :wacko:

but i will ask if you think that maroney is running well or whatever it is that FIDTML said...actually no need to answer that because your

statement referring to him as a number says it all :D

Edited by keggerz

when i wrote what i wrote, i was gunna include, '...and i don't think the Jags will be running

up and down the field on the Patriots...' but left it out thinking it would be understood

that they would have to throw because the Patriots would be jamming the run......my bad i guess.

good special team coverage + long field + jamming the run = pass.

the point i was making about field position is a very simple one...don't over think it.

I dont believe your equation will happen,but I now understand what you meant.Thanks for clarifying.

As I have been thinking about these games, I have become less convinced that JAX will be able to win this game (much to my chagrin :D ). I looked at a few games that could emulate, match-up wise other than with the familiar Colts team and the familiarity that this brings in their battles.

I did not realize that the Jags schedule was so soft overall (you play who you play, hey, the Chargers win the AFC West :D ) But the two games I could pick as possible “similar: game styles did not look good for JAX.

I looked at the Charger game, where the Boltz shut down the Jags O from the middle of the third on and Rivers got rolling (NOT Brady mind you). The game became a footrace from that point on and the Chargers nearly pulled it out. They out-gained JAX putting up almost 400 yards of total offense IN JAX. The Chargers dropped a couple of easy INTs and the JAX D came up with two in the 4th, One off of a tip :D , the other a bad pass ;) The Jags should have felt fortunate to win that game because it was a lot closer than what was perceived(not to say they didn't win it it, they did, particularly by what happened in the first half).

The other was the Saints game, in NO. Though the Jags players without Garrard, still threw well with the back-up (350 +), but lost the footrace. JAX can be thrown on and that is all the Pats do (Brees threw for like 450 yards !. The Pats D, is better than the Saints, but could be bullied in the second half in the Jags are still able to run the ball. The Saints won 41 – 24 with a JAX trash time TD.

JAX cannot blitz and Brady picks the zone apart (see Pitt game). I’m not happy about it, but I could see this get ugly unless the JAGS score on their first two possessions and eats up about 22 minutes of the first half.

I'm a JAG fan in this game, and as I said before, I would love to see my Boltz host the AFC Championship game next week. I just don’t see it happening :wacko:

If the Jags don’t get up early and control the clock, this could be a runaway like the Saints game and get ugly. The Jags D looks to me to be RIPE for being picked apart like piranha by Brady and that passing game! :D

Patriots win this game by a Touchdown easy. I don't see how the Pats can lose this game. They are the only team in this matchup that can win every different way- they could win in a 2 TD blowout or in a close defensive battle. There's no doubt that Del Rio and the Jags deserve a ton of credit for accomplishing what they have this year however, their runs ends this weekend.

Hell, I can't believe 39 people voted for the Jags. That's just insanity or blind homerism.

Edited by irish

JAX cannot blitz and Brady picks the zone apart (see Pitt game). I’m not happy about it, but I could see this get ugly....

thank you!...i'm glad somebody other than me or any other Patriot homer

brought this up...

:tipo'thehat:

Edited by pig devilz

I did not realize that the Jags schedule was so soft overall

This is the dumbest thing I have read at the huddle in 18 years.

Please, I BEG of you, break down the schedule and explain that RIDICULOUS statement.

Here is a start... they play in the toughest division in all of the NFL... they beat GB, Pitt x2, TB, Tenn no porblem. You are as cluesless as that seahawk girl in the other thread.

QUOTE(keggerz @ 1/9/08 1:21pm) *

yeah the Pats are #2 in TOP but lets be honest its not because of a ball control offense.....it is largely(and no i dont have the time to go and break down the stats to proove it) due to the fact that teams are forced to pass a ton in the 2nd half of games because they are behind....the fact that the pats faced the fewest rushing attempts supports this....

{if a team is forced to pass and since the pats lost then we have to assume that they werent successful then the clock isnt gonna be in their favor} <------ i really dont know what you mean by this sentence.

What I mean is that since the Pats had leads(usually large ones) teams were forced to pass....since the pats didnt lose any games then that means that teams weren't very successful passing the ball because if they were they would have scored more and the pats would have lost here or there.

When you are passing and have an incompletion or have to work the sidelines to conserve the clock then that is going to be a large part as to why the Pats have an edge in TOP. The reason the PATS are #2 in TOP is not even close to why the Jags are #3 in TOP.

The Jags had the 2nd most rushing attempts in the NFL and the #3(tie) best YPC in the NFL....that is why the jags TOP was so good.

you kinda shoot yourself in the foot here...

the first part of your quote is exactly one of the main reasons why the Jags will have a difficult time.

with the Patriots being up, other teams have to pass....so that puts a win for the Jags on Garrards arm.

My question is why do you think that the Jags wont be able to run? Is your argument simply that the pats are so amazing that they will just

score at will and never be tested so they wont have to worry one little bit about any teams running game? If that is your stance then stop reading

because you wont be open to anything at all.

I'l take my chances on that if thats how it plays out. obviously the Jags strength is their running game,

so by the Patriots scoring, they take away the Jags main offensive weapon, following your logic.

Again you seem to base your argument squarely on the pats just scoring at will and using that as the way to take the Jags out of their running attack.

Have you thought about what could happen if the Pats dont run up and down the field on offense? Aren't you the least bit concerned about that run defense? Of course I know your answer is NO and of course that is because bill belicheat is a master game planner and if given TWO WEEKS to prepare he will take away the Jags running game....then i ask you and everyone else. If Belicheat is so great then why is it that he hasn't been able to fix the run defense the last 12 weeks? Yes, in weeks 1-5 the Pats rush D faced 102 rushes for 376 yards, a 3.69 YPC....but since week 6 they have faced 257 rush attempts for 1199 yards, a 4.67 YPC average

now, can the Jags D stop the Patriots O?...i don't think so.

See that is your problem right there. You are blindly going to dismiss that a team could even remotely stop your teams Offense

and admit that if that happened your Defense is suspect and your teams playoff hopes could be dashed.

i'm not bashing at you, but some of your stats are skewed

my stats are not skewed, your view of them is what is skewed.

....one is the INT's.

the reason they are low is because they dont throw that much (on average). look at what happened in the Pit game

if you want some proof. INT's. 8 all year and 2 in that game...a playoff game none the less!

As H8 pointed out earlier, #3 passer rating, the least INT for regular season with over 300 attempts in the history of the league.

The point you are missing is that the Jags PROTECT THE BALL. Also as I have said earlier the Playoffs are a different beast all together.

IMO, throwing those 2 pics vs Pitt was probably a good thing....it was Garrards first playoff game and he now has that experience to build on.

So yes you are right he threw 25% of his seasons total of INTs vs Pitt in that playoff game, yet they still won the game and gained valuable experience doing so.

if this game comes down to Garrard v Brady, well is there really a choice there?

Well of course Garrard is no God Brady but the Jags do a good job with their control passing game too:

top half in the league in completion % and #6 in yards per completion(not bad for big slow receivers) at 7.5(the pats are #1 at 8.3, less then a yard better). However, again you are just going under the ASSumption that the Pats are going to 100% no doubt whatsoever run up and down on the Jags and make them have to rely on Garrards arm to beat them. Is that a possibility? Sure it is but it is far from a given, IMO.

the more important phase of the game for Patriot concern is the special teams.

and more precisly, kick return defense....the Patriots must contain, keep reasonable,

the return yardage...the more they limit it, the more Jags will have to pass.

the more they give up, the more the Jags can run. field position will play a big part

in this game....

not a cake walk by any means for the Patriots, but i'm not to concerned about them losing either.

I agree with you that this wont be a cake walk but if i were you I would be concerned about losing.

oh and fwiw over the last 5 weeks the Pats Defense is giving up what should be an alarming 4.91 YPC rushing.

One would think that the best coach ever would be able to fix his run defense :D or maybe its because their older players

are actually getting worn down :D

oh and fwiw over the last 5 weeks the Pats Defense is giving up what should be an alarming 4.91 YPC rushing.

One would think that the best coach ever would be able to fix his run defense :D or maybe its because their older players

are actually getting worn down :D

Oh and fwiw over the last 5 weeks the Pats went 5-0

This is the dumbest thing I have read at the huddle in 18 years.

Please, I BEG of you, break down the schedule and explain that RIDICULOUS statement.

Here is a start... they play in the toughest division in all of the NFL... they beat GB, Pitt x2, TB, Tenn no porblem. You are as cluesless as that seahawk girl in the other thread.

Dude! I was not talking about your wife! (or was I???? )

I am NOT going to Break down the whole season for you, game-by-game or anyone else. What I did do was semi-break down of two UNFAMILIAR (even though the “familiar Colts, a team known for throwing the ball with some efficiency won both games this year) teams that could somewhat compare to what the Jags are going to see this weekend.

While naming the teams in your GODLIKE, UNBELIEVABLY, BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE DIVISION, why did you ( :D conveniently??? ) exclude the Texans (a perennial doormat that gives your omnipotent ones yearly fits between the lines?) The Texans were better this year, but that 42-28 loss/rout “rest the starters excuse” AT HOME is a little concerning!

Here’s the season to point:

TENNESSEE L 10-13 (10-6)

ATLANTA W 13-7 (4-12)

AT DENVER W 23-14 (7-9)

AT KANSAS CITY W 17-7 (4-12)

HOUSTON W 37-17 (8-8)

INDIANAPOLIS L 29-7 (13-3)

AT TAMPA BAY W 24-23 (9-7)

AT NEW ORLEANS L 24-41 (7-9)

TENNESSEE W 28-13 (Game 2)

SAN DIEGO W 24-17 (11-5)

BUFFALO W 36-14 (7-9)

AT INDIANAPOLIS L 25-28 (Game 2)

CAROLINA W 37-6 (7-9)

AT PITTSBURGH W 29-22 (10-6)

OAKLAND W 49-11 (4-12)

HOUSTON L 42-28 (Game 2)

WINS 101 / LOSSES 107

For a winning % of 0.48557692307692307692307692307692 (let’s just say, using the standard rules of math and significant numbers) or 48%. OOOOOoooooo, not looking too overwhelming at this point for a team of such unbeatable qualifications and talent. I don’t see a lot of passing control juggernaut teams on that group of teams the JAGS so handily dominated. (The Chargers had it easy though with an opponent W/L of 113/95 w/ an opponents winning percentage of 54%. Losses on the road to NE, GB, MN and your Jags is NOT exactly embarrassing).

As I count this, that is only SIX games against teams with winning records out of 16 regular season games (plus the phantom GB game… Sorry).

Wins against teams with WINNING RECORDS! THREE

Losses against teams with winning records! THREE

Kinda average, dontcha think?

AT PITTSBURGH W 31-29 (Impressive playoff win, but not included for stats ‘cause us “football guys” understand that the playoffs is a “whole new season”)

I couldn’t find the regular season game with the PACK anywhere, but if you say you beat them, I’ll give it to ya! (But for some reason I remember a late missed tackle by a Charger costing them a game in GB on the final drive. You remember, back when everyone thought the Pack would still suck this year?). This MUST have been that weird season where the AFC West AND the AFC South played the NFC North in the same season and the NFC South teams all got four bye week wins…. Yeah, that’s it! :wacko:

Nice loss AT HOME to the Titans in the opener, soooooo, you “SPLIT” with them. LOST to Indy twice. SPLIT with Houston. That makes your DIVISION record in the “scariest mean guy division in the NFL”, ummmmmm 2-4??? Nothing to brag about here brah (at least the Chargers, in the crappiest Division in the NFL went 5-1, taking care of business in-house!!!)!

So now we go to the rest of the schedule. Which of these teams that are left, come close to talent and ability, especially on offense that can throw the football. None of these remaining .500 or worse teams the Jags faced could effectively throw the ball EXCEPT for the Saints, and that was a…… 41 – 24 loss/rout with a JAX trash time TD late in the fourth. They couldn’t keep up and couldn’t get the Saints off the field ‘cause they could THROW THE BALL!

Even my Charger’s analogy was a little flawed ‘cause Rivers and the O were still “finding themselves”, but even given that, Rivers came around in the second half they put up almost 400 yards on the “otherworldly” Jaguar D in your house.

The Jags are big, tough meanies! They are also A LOT like the Titans, only with better skill guys on O and in better condition! They shut down lesser teams run games and are adequate enough against the pass to get the ball back and eat the clock with an awesome running game. They are built very much like the old “Martyball” teams, but with a better HC. But against teams that can throw the ball and put numbers up… well, this is when the Jags are MOST VULNERABLE. Don’t try to tell me that the Steelers are known as a passing team! Roth is a great QB, but that is NOT their O design OR desire going into a game. Big Ben PICKED JAX APART every time they blitzed him. It was bro, and I’m sorry to “point it out”, pretty ugly.

I think the real point of your post was that you don’t know if you want to do me or the Seahawk chick!?!? I promise you, she would be much better and hotter than I.

I may not always (or ever) be right, but I do research before I blow something out my poopy hole!

What I do know is that the Pats can throw the sh!t out of the football, as well, if not better than everyone else. I also hate them, but that should not be part of my evaluation.

And ya know, I see even more of a chance for a rout now after you making me think about this even more. Dang you for that! I actually will be rootin’ for the Jags to win this weekend!

:D