[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

30 year fixed

Missoula Griz

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What should i do?

Currently have a 1 year arm @ 5.125% , it is currently split into 2 loans to stay out of the Jumbo category.

I was thinking of locking into a 15year fixed, but my lendor told me today the rate was 5.375 on a 15 year fixed. Shouldn't the 15 year be less % then a 30-year, or are they the same now? He told me the 30 fixed was at 6.125............................what's the story?

What should i do?

Currently have a 1 year arm @ 5.125% , it is currently split into 2 loans to stay out of the Jumbo category.

I was thinking of locking into a 15year fixed, but my lendor told me today the rate was 5.375 on a 15 year fixed. Shouldn't the 15 year be less % then a 30-year, or are they the same now? He told me the 30 fixed was at 6.125............................what's the story?

Talk with another lender to match up stories. If you can get 5.375% and still do a piggyback 2nd behind it to stay out of Jumbo land, you should make the move as long as your looking to stay in the home for the near future( 5 years ).

The 15 year is closer to 4.875% today.

I am not soliciting any business here. I can only lend in a few states around Montana. I just thought it was important information.

Man this has got me thinking again. I've already refied twice to pay off other bills. Now I'd do it to make some home-repairs. Should I...hmmmm... :D

Man this has got me thinking again. I've already refied twice to pay off other bills. Now I'd do it to make some home-repairs. Should I...hmmmm... :D

So you keep refinancing to take add additional principal to your loan. I have a Dave Ramsey cd to send you (or just PM Polk for advice). :D

Don't listen to Puddy Irish, I say go for it, Re-Fi again. Add to the Cowboy shrine in your basement.

Don't listen to Puddy Irish, I say go for it, Re-Fi again. Add to the Cowboy shrine in your basement.

Now that's just wrong. I'm probably the only one around here who has Irish's best interest at heart. Nothing wrong with refinancing, but not just to absorb other debt.

Oh and my kid has a fundraiser selling magazine subscriptions. This year I promise to ask before I order. :D

True. Jumbos are about 1.25% higher then a conforming loan.

Jumbo's have finally started recovering and I can get Jumbo rates at about .875 higher than conforming... Missoula gives good advice; lock em if you got! Before you refinance to a 15 year p.m. me and I will e-mail you an article I am writing. Or you could just buy a book by Ric Edelman...

Ric Edelman

Edited by sundaynfl

sit back and wait.....rates will be cut the next fed meeting and there are more cuts to come. possibly even an emergency cut this week.

true. But at this point current mortgage rates already have the expectation of at least a half a point rate cut built in.

true. But at this point current mortgage rates already have the expectation of at least a half a point rate cut built in.

Good information here :D

So you keep refinancing to take add additional principal to your loan. I have a Dave Ramsey cd to send you (or just PM Polk for advice). :D

I did and am wasn't proud to admit it. I sacrificed having to pay less money over the 30 years for freeing up more funds per month when I wasn't as high up the salary guide as a teacher.

:wacko:

Now that's just wrong. I'm probably the only one around here who has Irish's best interest at heart. Nothing wrong with refinancing, but not just to absorb other debt.

Oh and my kid has a fundraiser selling magazine subscriptions. This year I promise to ask before I order. :D

I know this place is full of sarcasm but I realize in this case you are actually being truthful as even though refinancing when I did helped me out from month to month, I'll pay for it in the long run. I realize this and after reading your 2 cents on the topic/my situation it made things even more clear for me. Thanks Puddy.

As for the magazines, that was a brutal time for me and I'm still pretty pissed about it. However, since I know for sure that it wasn't you (as you're one of the good guys) that line was pretty comical.

I honestly can't believe that the markets aren't forecasting more inflation over the next few years than what is indicated by these low 30-year fixed rates. I guess the only way to explain is that they don't expect people will hold onto the mortgages for anywhere near 30 years.

My only hope is that these rates hold out until the summer because I want to buy a house when I get back to America.

Edited by wiegie

I honestly can't believe that the markets aren't forecasting more inflation over the next few years than what is indicated by these low 30-year fixed rates. I guess the only way to explain is that they don't expect people will hold onto the mortgages for anywhere near 30 years.

My only hope is that these rates hold out until the summer because I want to buy a house when I get back to America.

so the surgery must have went well for you.... how tall are you now??