[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wal-Mart's economic stimulus plan

polksalet

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they should just pay the workers a decent wage and give them some quality benefits. That would stimulate the crap out of the economy.

no doubt, they only paid out like $500k for our family last year.

no doubt, they only paid out like $500k for our family last year.

Honest question here Polk. What percentage of the people that work in your wifes store would get the same coverage as she did? If you don't know the percentage just give me a guesstimate to how many total people might have reasonable coverage paid for by Wally in that shop?

Edited by Skippy

Honest question here Polk. What percentage of the people that work in your wifes store would get the same coverage as she did? If you don't know the percentage just give me a guesstimate to how many total people might have reasonable coverage paid for by Wally in that shop?

ok, here is an honest answer if you will accept it. Every Wal-Mart employee have acces to the same plans for the same rates. Now I am sure Lee Scott probably gets some kind of perk or two but ultimately the regional vice presidents (+-$400k/yr) to Jim Jim the dog boy cart getter (+-$14k/yr) get the same policies and same matching. They offer a family policy for as little as $100/month but their deductibles are high. They also offer many hmo and hsa policies as well. Ours is a blue cross blue shield with $1000/family/year deductible that most other employees have. Ours is like $350 month for four family members. It has $300k life insurance for the wife, 25k for me and kids each, dental, vision, short term disability, and the accidental death dismemberment stuff. And might I say, they pay out well. I don't see how the insurer makes money on it. I wish my state farm car insurance paid out as well.

I might be wrong but I am sure this is a decent package for a decent price, am I right?? Like I said, the cart guy gets the same policies for the exact same rates as we do.

I might be wrong but I am sure this is a decent package for a decent price, am I right?? Like I said, the cart guy gets the same policies for the exact same rates as we do.

As per my Brother In Law that managed and opened two Wal-Marts in the PA. area around 18 or so years ago, I think that you are almost correct. The big problem is that the "cart guy, or the stock guy, or the cashier, or even the guy that sweeps the floor can not in any way shape or form afford to pay for the coverage.

Also, I know that I have said this before and I know that you called BS on it and said that you would ask your wife but you never got back to me about it. Why is it that Wal-Mart has people working for them that coach the people that they hire into applying for things like food stamps, health benefits provided by the state, and even things like energy assistance?

One more honest question. Did you happen to watch the documentary called "Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Prices"? That may not be the title but it is something very close to that.

And even one more question. Before you say that the cart boy and your wife are not equal, which I already believe, why does that cart boy not deserve to be able to have that coverage in a way that he can actually afford it. What I mean is, don't you think that even though it is a zero skill job, he does work hard? Same as the cashier, stock boy, and the guy sweeping the floor???

Edited by Skippy

And even one more question. Before you say that the cart boy and your wife are not equal, which I already believe, why does that cart boy not deserve to be able to have that coverage in a way that he can actually afford it. What I mean is, don't you think that even though it is a zero skill job, he does work hard? Same as the cashier, stock boy, and the guy sweeping the floor???

Not sure, but I believe there are some DOL issues with giving different "classes" of employees different health insurance (etc) benefits.

Not sure, but I believe there are some DOL issues with giving different "classes" of employees different health insurance (etc) benefits.

If there is then I do not think that applies to PA. at all. There are somewhere around 10K employees that work for my employer. The benefit pacages can be and are way different for an administrator, a teacher, tradesman, or a cafeteria worker. And you would never guess the order from best to worst the benefit packages are. There are also perks that each group gets that the other group does not. Having said that, I think that they all are treated pretty fairly most of the time.

The big problem is that the "cart guy, or the stock guy, or the cashier, or even the guy that sweeps the floor can not in any way shape or form afford to pay for the coverage.

Wow... I thought you were an intelligent person... if he can't afford it, then what? Will you send him a few bucks each month? Do you want me too via the strong arm of uncle sam?

Does the 'cart guy' have a spouse and kid? If he made those decisions, then does he need a cell phone, cable internet, cable tv, air conditioning and a DVD player, or should that dumb ass f0ktard idiot pay for his own damn insurance?

Excuse me, but f0k him and his cart skills. And f0k you for insinuating polks wife is a walmart wh0re.

Wow... I thought you were an intelligent person... if he can't afford it, then what? Will you send him a few bucks each month? Do you want me too via the strong arm of uncle sam?

Does the 'cart guy' have a spouse and kid? If he made those decisions, then does he need a cell phone, cable internet, cable tv, air conditioning and a DVD player, or should that dumb ass f0ktard idiot pay for his own damn insurance?

Excuse me, but f0k him and his cart skills. And f0k you for insinuating polks wife is a walmart wh0re.

Reaping the benefits of the moonshine stills in Oklahomo today?

It's more important to me that the cart guy has health insurance than a Wii or iPod.

It should be to him, too.

No doubt and just for the record, I very much agree. However, how many bills can that cart guy pay on that +-14K? All I am saying is that Wal-Mart gets the most out of all the people that they employ. We all know that. Why can't they throw a bone to the unskilled guys and make that 14K seem a whole lot better with a decent benefit package?

No doubt and just for the record, I very much agree. However, how many bills can that cart guy pay on that +-14K? All I am saying is that Wal-Mart gets the most out of all the people that they employ. We all know that. Why can't they throw a bone to the unskilled guys and make that 14K seem a whole lot better with a decent benefit package?

I watched part of the movie. It seemed to be trying to convey the message that low prices hurt poor people so I really didn't take it seriously.

Secondly, are you stating that you believe the unskilled and uneducated cart guys should have better benefits than the highly educated and highly skilled management people?

How about we all push our carts back into the store when were done loading our bags into our car. We can eliminate the entire meaningless job. If cart pusher is the best job dude can get then he needs to examine his life choices. Obviously this doesnt apply to students, handicap or the elderly. 14k combined with the social benefits these people recieve should be enough to afford insurance and most modern luxuries (car, tv, computer, cell).

How about we all push our carts back into the store when were done loading our bags into our car. We can eliminate the entire meaningless job. If cart pusher is the best job dude can get then he needs to examine his life choices. Obviously this doesnt apply to students, handicap or the elderly. 14k combined with the social benefits these people recieve should be enough to afford insurance and most modern luxuries (car, tv, computer, cell).

Well, if by "car" you mean 10 y.o. Cavalier, by "TV" you mean a 19 inch Sanyo, and by "computer" you mean a Colecovision.

Well, if by "car" you mean 10 y.o. Cavalier, by "TV" you mean a 19 inch Sanyo, and by "computer" you mean a Colecovision.

fwiw, I drive a 14 year old Tercel, my television is the same one I had in college in 1993, and my desktop at home would probably fetch about $200 if I sold it

If I can survive (and be perfectly happy) with this stuff, then sure as hell can somebody who makes $14,000 per year.

fwiw, I drive a 14 year old Tercel, my television is the same one I had in college in 1993, and my desktop at home would probably fetch about $200 if I sold it

If I can survive (and be perfectly happy) with this stuff, then sure as hell can somebody who makes $14,000 per year.

98 Honda, '03 Dell, used 5 y/o hd 22"

I am as tickled with them as a dead pig in the sunshine

Jeesh I was just trying to be funny. Anyway, I expect the 14K depends a lot on where you live, but I'm not losing sleep over these people, since (in my experience) most of them are teenagers or people just looking to make a couple extra bucks.

Jeesh I was just trying to be funny. Anyway, I expect the 14K depends a lot on where you live, but I'm not losing sleep over these people, since (in my experience) most of them are teenagers or people just looking to make a couple extra bucks.

Even in rural Texas it consists of mostly mentally retarded, and teens. The retarded guys usually do a bang up job while the teens smoke cigs ans steal.

Looks like we have another right to lifer rallying against letting people have access to the very instruments....which sustain life.

I watched part of the movie. It seemed to be trying to convey the message that low prices hurt poor people so I really didn't take it seriously.

Secondly, are you stating that you believe the unskilled and uneducated cart guys should have better benefits than the highly educated and highly skilled management people?

How about they get the same health benefits and disability benefits which cost the SAME percentage of their income.