[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Calling all mechanics

Scorcher

I have accepted a job in another state, and am moving. My problem is that I have 2 cars and need to store one. What are the rules when storing a car? I.E. drain fluids etc. I'm am considering having it shipped but wondering if this is a prohibitive cost. Any input would be appreciated.

I have accepted a job in another state, and am moving. My problem is that I have 2 cars and need to store one. What are the rules when storing a car? I.E. drain fluids etc. I'm am considering having it shipped but wondering if this is a prohibitive cost. Any input would be appreciated.

I used to store my RX-7 every winter when I lived in the great white north.

1. get the tires off the ground, cinder blocks work great, or jack stands

2. add gas additive to the tank to keep the water content low

3. change the oil before you put it up so you've got sediment free stuff sitting in there

4. top off the other fluids

5. nice wash and wax and a light cover

6. i also used to put moth balls in the air box, muffler and a couple inside to keep the mice out

that is all i used to do for 5 months off the road.

I also had it shipped from CT to VA when I moved there and it worked out fine, my employer paid for shipping...

I used to store my RX-7 every winter when I lived in the great white north.

1. get the tires off the ground, cinder blocks work great, or jack stands

3. change the oil before you put it up so you've got sediment free stuff sitting in there

4. top off the other fluids

5. nice wash and wax and a light cover

6. i also used to put moth balls in the air box, muffler and a couple inside to keep the mice out

that is all i used to do for 5 months off the road.

I also had it shipped from CT to VA when I moved there and it worked out fine, my employer paid for shipping...

Thats about all I would do. One additional thing if possible is to have someone start it and let it run for a few minutes every month or so.

Thats about all I would do. One additional thing if possible is to have someone start it and let it run for a few minutes every month or so.

If that's not possible, a battery tender may not be a bad idea.

If that's not possible, a battery tender may not be a bad idea.

I would just disconnect it. Remove it from the car place it on a block of wood, and if it is bad when you return, buy a new one for $60.

I have great results with STABIL, Fill the tank to the brim so there is no room for condensation,add the STABIL, make sure to run her for a few minutes after adding it to let it flow through the entire fuel system.

Smart tender for the batt. And forget about it.