[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McCain used Nixon-like tactics.

evil_gop_liars

If McCain becomes the republican nominee he will be a strong candidate IF Hillary is the democrat nominee.

But mavericks aren't liked in the republican base. Huckabee and Romney are splitting the radical part of the party and McCain may win if Huckabee stays in.

McCain is very attractive to moderates and independents, but not to red meat conservatives. You know the ones that like torture, Gitmo and more wars.

This could be interesting if Obama is the nominee.

If McCain becomes the republican nominee he will be a strong candidate IF Hillary is the democrat nominee.

But mavericks aren't liked in the republican base. Huckabee and Romney are splitting the radical part of the party and McCain may win if Huckabee stays in.

McCain is very attractive to moderates and independents, but not to red meat conservatives. You know the ones that like torture, Gitmo and more wars.

Liberals aren't liked in the republican base.

And the "radical" part of the party is the traditional base of the party you numbskull.

McCain is only still a republican because he didn't get a good enough offer from the dems.

:wacko: Idiotic torture/war commentary aside, how is McCain not attractive to "red meat" conservatives?

Anyway it doesn't matter; get used to saying "President Obama." It's as obvious a prediction as "SB champion NE Patriots."

:wacko: Idiotic torture/war commentary aside, how is McCain not attractive to "red meat" conservatives?

Anyway it doesn't matter; get used to saying "President Obama." It's as obvious a prediction as "SB champion NE Patriots."

He isn't a social conservative. The pro torture comment came from watching the debates and listening to the audience erupt when expanding gitmo and escalating harsh techniques(waterboarding) were brought up.

Only McCain stood up against the practices. His position that you don't torture because you want the enemy to surrender makes sense. You want those you are fighting to stop shooting. Treating prisoners against the Geneva convention makes them shoot at you longer, something you do not want.

Listen to the debates.

Most conservatives don't see McCain as one of their own. He would do well with independents and some democrats if Hillary is the nominee.

cant wait to laugh when Giants win :D

He's got an uphill battle, polling well behind Billary nationally and 6-8 points behind McCain right now in a hypothetical head to head.

Bill Clinton is a racist and Barack Obama is a sexist. Have fun.

Rudy , oh rudy where are thou Rudy

Deny the caucuses and refuse thy campaigning in New hampshire

Or, if thou wilt not continue ,in the race be but sworn a possible VP

And I'll no longer be a happy voter

It will be a tough choice between Hillary and McCain. I voted for McCain in '00 and I think that you'll see more of the moderate McCain in a national election. He could win my vote again. I have also been warming up to Hillary lately. Obama is a very inspirational speaker but I dont think thats what we need in the White House right now.

mccain happens to be right about romney, in any case. romney WAS talking about "timetables", and refusing to answer questions about the issue (with the 'hey, i'm a governor, this is not my decision' line). mccain's point is that this equivocation came at a crucial time in the iraq war debate, where the country was tetering between adopting a strategy of victory (the "surge") or a straegy of defeat and retreat ("timetables" for withdrawl). romney, playing the issue like a 2002 democrat, clearly preferred to sit back and see what happened before making a commitment one way or the other. mccain's point is that this shows an abdication of leadership, while mccain himself was sticking his neck out as far he possibly could behind the petraeus strategy because he felt that actually succeeding in iraq at that point was of vital importance to the country. i do not see how that is an unfair point in any way whatsoever.

It will be a tough choice between Hillary and McCain. I voted for McCain in '00 and I think that you'll see more of the moderate McCain in a national election. He could win my vote again. I have also been warming up to Hillary lately. Obama is a very inspirational speaker but I dont think thats what we need in the White House right now.

Read the "issues" section of Obama's website and explain the fact that he has the most comprehensive policy statements available for any candidate.

And from one of Driveby's old favorites

"On Fox News yesterday, controversial right-wing pundit Ann Coulter vowed that if John McCain and Hillary Clinton are the two parties' presidential nominees, she'll be campaigning for the Democrat.

"If he's our candidate, then Hillary's going to be our girl, Sean, 'cause she's more conservative than he is," Coulter told Fox News host Sean Hannity. "I think she would be stronger on the war on terrorism."

"I would trust any Republican but John McCain more than Hillary Clinton," she added. "If it's John McCain, Hillary is absolutely more conservative."

Now this is a real endorsement... :wacko:

Three surviving members of the Grateful Dead - Mickey Hart, Phil Lesh and Bob Weir - will reunite at 7:30 p.m. Monday at the Warfield in San Francisco for "Deadheads for Obama," a concert to support Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama.

The concert, which will also feature Lesh's current band of Friends - Jackie Greene, John Molo and Steve Molitz - marks the first time Hart, Lesh and Weir have performed together since 2004.

According to a press release from the band, the show is a one-time event designed to lend support to Obama leading into the crucial "Super Tuesday" series of primaries and caucuses to be held in California and more than 20 other states the following day.

Tickets for $35 sold out almost immediately after the show was announced on Friday afternoon, but those who missed out can view a live simulcast at www.iclips.net.

Wow, starting sooner than I thought... the kommies are starting to get behind their candidate.

People are warming up to her because they are getting to know what she's really like and realise the smears were wrong.

He's got an uphill battle, polling well behind Billary nationally and 6-8 points behind McCain right now in a hypothetical head to head.

FOX News 01/30 - 01/31 900 RV 43 44 13 Obama (D) +1.0

Up over McCain by 1 pt in the last poll by Fox News of all sources...

mccain happens to be right about romney, in any case. romney WAS talking about "timetables", and refusing to answer questions about the issue (with the 'hey, i'm a governor, this is not my decision' line). mccain's point is that this equivocation came at a crucial time in the iraq war debate, where the country was tetering between adopting a strategy of victory (the "surge") or a straegy of defeat and retreat ("timetables" for withdrawl). romney, playing the issue like a 2002 democrat, clearly preferred to sit back and see what happened before making a commitment one way or the other. mccain's point is that this shows an abdication of leadership, while mccain himself was sticking his neck out as far he possibly could behind the petraeus strategy because he felt that actually succeeding in iraq at that point was of vital importance to the country. i do not see how that is an unfair point in any way whatsoever.

As much as I dislike Romney, the guy has a point. As governor of a state he really does not need to weigh in on matters of war and peace. I will not fault him for that.