[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sorry, but I need to kick this dead horse

detlef

So, maybe it's senseless to have to hang around for that last tick and the NFL should change the rule and allow the losing team to simply concede in situations like last night. However, that isn't the rule, yet. So BB's actions last night, when it was abundantly clear that there was one more snap to play showed that he thinks he's above the rule. Classless in victory it seems, classless in defeat as well.

Basically, he was saying, "that's a dumb rule and I don't have to obey it, so there. I'm outta here."

Boo hoo, you freaking lost, now take it like an adult.

At least 11 of his players had enough sack to go out there and "finish the game". It's a rather unfortunate reality that players are forced to show more class than their leader.

IMO. Its not that big of a deal. He congratulated Coughlin . He is certainly not an endearing charector but people are making mountains out of molehills on this one

Edited by whomper

I disagree.

Clock ran to zero. He ran out to the center of the field and congratulated Coughlin. Refs told him that one more stupid sensless play was required. He left the field. I see no problem.

That is not the first time that the officials have asked everyone back to the sidelines because the game was not over. However, every other time I've seen it happen, the coach brought his team back to the sidelines.

Do I think there should be a rule change allowing the losing team to concede in situations like this? Sure.

However, like I said. That's not the rule right now.

I can understand why he thought the game was over--because in the Superbowl against the Rams, the timekeeper let 4-5 seconds run off the clock following Vinatieri's "game-ending" field-goal. He must have figured if five times as many seconds don't count when the losing team is going to get the ball back, then certainly one second won't matter when the winning team is going to get the ball.

:wacko:

IMO. Its not that big of a deal. He congratulated Coughlin . He is certainly not an endearing charector but people are making mountains out of molehills on this one

I don't think it's a crime against humanity or anything. Just, yet another example of him feeling that he's in a class of his own. Believe me, I am way more interested in what comes of the taping scandal than this.

Just thought it was pretty bush league, that's all.

I can understand why he thought the game was over--because in the Superbowl against the Rams, the timekeeper let 4-5 seconds run off the clock following Vinatieri's "game-ending" field-goal. He must have figured if five times as many seconds don't count when the losing team is going to get the ball back, then certainly one second won't matter when the winning team is going to get the ball.

:D

:wacko:

And this thread has class?

The thing is... no matter what the guy does or says.... people like you always join people like him in being just as classless as you claim him to be.

I am sure there will be many more threads here over the next few days pointing out what a classless person he is. Seems kinda redundent to me. This has been going on here for years now.... Show some class and let it lie for cryin' out loud. Let's find a new subject...this one is way too old.

Oh, and I personally don't like the guy...never have, never will.... but sheeesh, enough is enough.

I disagree.

Clock ran to zero. He ran out to the center of the field and congratulated Coughlin. Refs told him that one more stupid sensless play was required. He left the field. I see no problem.

I'm sure no Belichek fan and do consider him classless at the least and also can't stomach that he won coach of the year when he started the year off by costing his team a first round pick (!) because of his tactics.

That said, I agree with Blitz. It was senseless to run that last play. Belichek clearly conceded the game. Refs should have used better judgment - and if it was by league decree, the league should have shown better judgment. Common sense seems to be at more of a premium every day...

And this thread has class?

The thing is... no matter what the guy does or says.... people like you always join people like him in being just as classless as you claim him to be.

I am sure there will be many more threads here over the next few days pointing out what a classless person he is. Seems kinda redundent to me. This has been going on here for years now.... Show some class and let it lie for cryin' out loud. Let's find a new subject...this one is way too old.

Oh, and I personally don't like the guy...never have, never will.... but sheeesh, enough is enough.

FWIW, I agree that it does not show much class to pile on when somebody fails. However, I thinks it's fair to say that all bets are off when somebody brings things upon themselves.

If a guy fumbles the ball as he's running for the winning score, you may want to not kill the guy on boards like this, unless dude was show boating. Then, bring it.

When a guy like Theohiostate runs his mouth endlessly for a month leading up to not one but two NC games and then his team gets punked both times, I see nothing wrong with reminding him of what a jack-ass he'd been.

Along those same lines, I really don't see what's so bad about crapping all over BB. You can be an arrogant prick all you want, as long as you can keep pointing to the scoreboard. Just don't look for anyone to "show some class" when you come up short.

I'm sure no Belichek fan and do consider him classless at the least and also can't stomach that he won coach of the year when he started the year off by costing his team a first round pick (!) because of his tactics.

That said, I agree with Blitz. It was senseless to run that last play. Belichek clearly conceded the game. Refs should have used better judgment - and if it was by league decree, the league should have shown better judgment. Common sense seems to be at more of a premium every day...

It has nothing to do with judgement by the league or officials. The rule is that they need to run a play. That is the rule and that is what happened.

I believe that 31 other coaches would have brought there team back out or at least the coach would have brought himself back on the field. That is what coaches do and should do.

You can hammer Belichick all you want and he brings it on himself with his pompous demeanor and attitude. He had a chance to look like a class guy and come back on the field and he did not take it.

He puts the A s s in classless.

he is not a classless guy, but he should have remained on the field. i can't see how anyone can disagree with that.

he was clearly informed by the ref that there was 1 play left. there was no doubt there, he knew the game was not officially over. he should have walked to the sidelines while his team was still on the field and then left when the game was officially over.

that is what he should have done. it doesn't mean he's a classless idiot, but he did make a mistake by walking off and being gone while his team was still out there for the last snap. in the grand scheme of things, it's not a big deal, but it would have been more of a nice gesture if he would have helped to get his team on the field and hold his players back, etc.

he is not a classless guy, but he should have remained on the field. i can't see how anyone can disagree with that.

he was clearly informed by the ref that there was 1 play left. there was no doubt there, he knew the game was not officially over. he should have walked to the sidelines while his team was still on the field and then left when the game was officially over.

that is what he should have done. it doesn't mean he's a classless idiot, but he did make a mistake by walking off and being gone while his team was still out there for the last snap. in the grand scheme of things, it's not a big deal, but it would have been more of a nice gesture if he would have helped to get his team on the field and hold his players back, etc.

Maybe this one specific play does make him classless but all of the other things about him do and he had a chance to man up and show a touch of class and passed. That confirms he is classless.

FWIW, I agree that it does not show much class to pile on when somebody fails. However, I thinks it's fair to say that all bets are off when somebody brings things upon themselves.

If a guy fumbles the ball as he's running for the winning score, you may want to not kill the guy on boards like this, unless dude was show boating. Then, bring it.

When a guy like Theohiostate runs his mouth endlessly for a month leading up to not one but two NC games and then his team gets punked both times, I see nothing wrong with reminding him of what a jack-ass he'd been.

Along those same lines, I really don't see what's so bad about crapping all over BB. You can be an arrogant prick all you want, as long as you can keep pointing to the scoreboard. Just don't look for anyone to "show some class" when you come up short.

Fair enough on your reasoning.... however.... I just cannot understanding the reasoning behind joining the ranks of a classless (or whatever) person by starting new threads. Why not just keep posting and bumping the threads already here? I am sure it is just me... but dang... gets a bit old after awhile and I have to say something. Just can't help myself.

I know that everyone here agrees that he is as worthless as teats on a boar hog... but do we have to start a new thread every time we want to slam him? Plenty of room in the old threads. LOL

Ah well.... I am sure it is just me. Carry on.

Did Belichek also invite all the media & fans onto the field with 1 second left on the clock? That field was mayhem. Belichek did the right thing. He congratulated Coughlin & got the hell out of there. Who knows what some idiot is capable of doing, and there was absolutely no crowd control in the middle of the field at that time.

C'mon, be realistic, guys. Bash Belichek when he richly deserves it (and brings it on himself) - there's planty of ammo for that. This wasn't on him. Security lost control. The NFL should have recognized it and refrained from having the completely meaningless last play run (all references to Pisarchik [sp?] aside).

Did Belichek also invite all the media & fans onto the field with 1 second left on the clock? That field was mayhem. Belichek did the right thing. He congratulated Coughlin & got the hell out of there. Who knows what some idiot is capable of doing, and there was absolutely no crowd control in the middle of the field at that time.

C'mon, be realistic, guys. Bash Belichek when he richly deserves it (and brings it on himself) - there's planty of ammo for that. This wasn't on him. Security lost control. The NFL should have recognized it and refrained from having the completely meaningless last play run (all references to Pisarchik [sp?] aside).

i think you are overexaggerating. it only took a few minutes to clear the field and get that last play off. it was hardly mayhem.