[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are the Patriots chokers?

CaptainHook

Actually, I think the pressure had to be enormous on them. 10 times that of the AFC Championship game that a healthy Charger team could have won. Their recent precieved vulnerability, added to the SB pressure had to be playing on their psyche's.

If anyone choaked, I think it was Belicheat and his staff. They did not make any game OR half-time adjustments that made a diff and got out coached!

It almost looked they weren't as well prepared "pre-game" as they have been in the past. :D Maybe they didn't get enough "film study" in during the week? :wacko:

In boxing there is a saying "Style makes fights" . In this case the Giants style made it a different ballgame then the Pats were used to. Brady was battered yesterday. I heard this morning he was hit 23 times. That disrupted their passing game which is their forte. The Pats had a monumental season. they came up short against a white hot teams that had match ups that gave them fits. I think this thread is a little bit of an expidition but nevertheless I dont feel they choked. The Giants took it to them. The Pats werent off and the Giants got lucky to catch them on an bad day the Giants made them look bad.

Actually, I think the pressure had to be enormous on them. 10 times that of the AFC Championship game that a healthy Charger team could have won. Their recent precieved vulnerability, added to the SB pressure had to be playing on their psyche's.

If anyone choaked, I think it was Belicheat and his staff. They did not make any game OR half-time adjustments that made a diff and got out coached!

It almost looked they weren't as well prepared "pre-game" as they have been in the past. :D Maybe they didn't get enough "film study" in during the week? :D

McBoog, you just can't resist, can you? :wacko:

i don't think they choked so much as they were overconfident. brady being "offended", not that plax picked the giants to win, but that he only picked the pats to score 17? apparently richard seymour was inviting giants players to their post-game celebration on the field in the first quarter. then there's belichick, going for it on 4th and 13 rather than kick a 48 yard FG? i think their loss was more a result of overconfidence than tightness.

In boxing there is a saying "Style makes fights" . In this case the Giants style made it a different ballgame then the Pats were used to. Brady was battered yesterday. I heard this morning he was hit 23 times. That disrupted their passing game which is their forte. The Pats had a monumental season. they came up short against a white hot teams that had match ups that gave them fits. I think this thread is a little bit of an expidition but nevertheless I dont feel they choked. The Giants took it to them. The Pats werent off and the Giants got lucky to catch them on an bad day the Giants made them look bad.

I think the Giants created the bad day.

i don't think they choked so much as they were overconfident. brady being "offended", not that plax picked the giants to win, but that he only picked the pats to score 17? apparently richard seymour was inviting giants players to their post-game celebration on the field in the first quarter. then there's belichick, going for it on 4th and 13 rather than kick a 48 yard FG? i think their loss was more a result of overconfidence than tightness.

I almost forgot about this..Completely ludicrous

I think the Giants created the bad day.

Thats exactly what I said

Gotcha, just read funny to me.

I knew the wording was funky. I couldnt for some reason translate that thought into words. I can see why it ready funny.

Saying the Pats choked is slighting the Giants IMO. The Giants outplayed and particularly outcoached them in every facet of the game. If they played this game again next Sunday, the Giants would win again. The Pats don't match up well with the Giants.

As for the coaching, Belichick & McDaniels were downright awful. Passing up on a 49yd field goal in a dome to go for it on 4th and 13? Was that arrogance or flat out stupidity? They went 4 or 5 wide, no huddle all season and they picked last night to get away from it? I know the pass rush was fierce, but they might've tired if they kept up the no huddle for the 2nd half. And if they weren't going to gamble on 5 wide, then go to max protect. Brady got the s&^% kicked out of him. So much for the genius coach and his prodigy of an offensive coordinator.

As for the coaching, Belichick & McDaniels were downright awful. Passing up on a 49yd field goal in a dome to go for it on 4th and 13? Was that arrogance or flat out stupidity?

I'd call it sweet justice. After all the times they went for it on fourth down to pile on points in the regular season, I think it's great that arrogance came back to bite them. That was 3 points they sorely needed.

Last year, they blow an 18 point lead in the AFC Championship and lose to the Colts.

This year, they go 18-0, but come up short in the Super Bowl.

Discuss.

Think the Patriots were more cocky than chokers myself. Noticed when they scored that go ahead TD the Patriot defense was sort of helping the Giants off the turf at the beginning of that last drive. To me that was a sign New england thought they had the game wrapped up.

I'd say Belicheck choked out the last few seconds of the game: why Plax was single covered down there is beyond me. Also, even with 36 seconds they had all 3 timeouts and tried to run four bombs, when they had time to run some slants to Welker that were just killing the Giants in the 4th. They didn't need s TD, just 50 yards or so to get into FG range. It seemed a little too "Madden 2008" to assume you could toss it up 4 times and make that in one fell swoop. Also, Moss seemingly couldn't get behind the defenders which may or may not have been a timing thing with Brady (who did demonstrate a cannon of an arm).

Last year, they blow an 18 point lead in the AFC Championship and lose to the Colts.

This year, they go 18-0, but come up short in the Super Bowl.

Discuss.

Their DBs and LBs certainly bit it in coverage in the 4th quarter in consecutive years. And with all due respect to Strahan, Umenyora, et al., their O-line went from best in the league to pretty mediocre not only in this game, but in the SD game as well.