[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which candidate has your intrests at heart?

SuperBalla

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i like the theory behind that one, letting you assign the points and all that. but the output is a little retarded. i had mccain and huckabee at 74%, then romney and obama at 68% :wacko:

I had Huckabee, Romney, and McCain...

what that thing ought to do is give a little extra weight to candidates who have particular experience or poll particularly well on a given issue. for example, i gave like 4 or 5 of my priority points to "iraq war and foreign policy", but this thing had huckabee scoring the same or higher for me than mccain on that issue. now i don't think that ANYBODY who prioritizes foreign policy is going to vote for huckabee on the basis of him being the best candidate on that issue. similarly, i don't think anybody who prioritizes pro-life and anti-gay is going to look at mccain as favorably as someone like huckabee, even though i believe they have a lot of the same stated positions.

Whenever I see civil liberties I believe if you wan a democrat you put in a hgih number, if you want no civil liberties you put in low number. Idiocy. It seems like the right to be born is a civil liberty but what do I know?

Whenever I see civil liberties I believe if you wan a democrat you put in a hgih number, if you want no civil liberties you put in low number. Idiocy. It seems like the right to be born is a civil liberty but what do I know?

If there's one issue I wish would go away it would be abortion. And by go away, I mean I wish it would become statistically insignificant - ie very very rare. I've always been uncomfortable with that one. I'm not sure about legislation to ban it. I'm on the fence there.

If there's one issue I wish would go away it would be abortion. And by go away, I mean I wish it would become statistically insignificant - ie very very rare. I've always been uncomfortable with that one. I'm not sure about legislation to ban it. I'm on the fence there.

it is odd that this issue is such an important litmus test for both parties. i understand why people feel passionately about it, but in the grand scheme it is a small issue which the president of the US has almost no power over whatsoever.

it is odd that this issue is such an important litmus test for both parties. i understand why people feel passionately about it, but in the grand scheme it is a small issue which the president of the US has almost no power over whatsoever.

wrong, president, congress, and senate could stop it.

Huckabee: 82%

Romney: 79%

McCain: 75%

It's significantly flawed because it's not nearly comprehensive enough, but still interesting. Thanks for the link.

it si flawed because none of them give a crap about ANY of us.

maybe you should take a civics class.

2/3 of the senate, 2/3 of the house, and 3/4 of the state legislatures could stop it. the president has no role whatsoever in amending the constitution.

I'm not so sure an amendment to the constitution would be needed. You'd just need legislation passed to ban abortion by the congress and signed by the President, and then a Supreme Court stacked with pro-life judges to back up that legislation as constitutional, right?

maybe you should take a civics class.

2/3 of the senate, 2/3 of the house, and 3/4 of the state legislatures could stop it. the president has no role whatsoever in amending the constitution.

maybe you shiuld take a polysci class and learn about political capital.

I'm not so sure an amendment to the constitution would be needed. You'd just need legislation passed to ban abortion by the congress and signed by the President, and then a Supreme Court stacked with pro-life judges to back up that legislation as constitutional, right?

What happened to being for states rights?