[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Politics

peepinmofo

If you don't participate, you can't complain. You deserve the rape you get from your government at all levels when this is your attitude.

How about now? Sen. Clinton, Sen. Obama, Sen. McCain, Gov. Huckabee are all interesting people with interesting ideas and really rock solid belief systems. This is nearly a once-in-a-half-century election, with no one from the sitting ticket running in the election. The first time since 1952. This is an exciting time to be an American and to be able to participate in the process. We have the potential to elect the first female president, the first black president, the first Vietnam vet/POW president, or someone who believes the Earth is 4,000 years old. This is exciting stuff!

Your attitude is the problem. Your ignorance is the problem. You don't want to hear it, but it's the truth.

Um, yeah it does. I can't think of any other definition that could possibly apply to "apathy" for one's country other than someone who refuses to vote.

Read the candidates web pages. All of the major candidates left have done really awesome jobs with clearly developing their position stances and making them available for public consumption. Saying it's too much for you to be uninformed says way more about you than it does about the process or American politics. Again, you probably don't want to hear it, but it's true.

Perhaps you are correct. And that said, I will do just that and go to their pages and read up on them.

And to answer your "how about now...", well, I honestly feel a lot better about ANY of these candidates than I do about Bush, so yeah, I will at least cast a vote in this election...

Maybe its just a good kick in the ass I need.. Im not afraid to admit that. Politics have always been boring, but that doesnt mean I shouldnt at least inform myself. See... Im already changing my ways of thinking. :wacko:

Hey there Mr. Defensive, I believe you are the one who said you didn't vote. You are aware that many men and women took the time to die so you could have that privilege? I don't know you and perhaps I don't want to know you. However, I know that when someone can't be bothered to vote because he doesn't like politics, that person is taking the right to vote for granted. I wonder how someone in North Korea might view this whole, "politics sucks so I'm not going to vote" thing you have going on? Oh yea, that's right, they don't get to vote in North Korea. It really is okay for someone to be ignorant. It's sad when that person is content to remain such.

I never said I didnt "vote because I dont like politics". And that isnt why I have never voted. Ive never voted because I have always been ignorant to the whole ordeal, and not really taking the time to read up on people. That will change this time around for sure...

Leaving aside all the other defense of your benighted ignorance, clearly you aren't very good at Google at all as wasn't it you that said, in the first post, "I simply dont know the difference between what all the candidates represent."? Given that Google / the Internet provides you with virtually the entire sum of human knowledge at the click of a mouse, it's a bit rich to be calling ME a dick when you've so amply demonstrated your own dickness.

Settle down princess...

While I know every bit of how to use Google, the bottom line is I simply never went out of my way to research the candidates for myself... Dickness :wacko:

Folks... Im not trying to offend anyone, or make enemies. If you want to view me as a bad person, so be it. But the bottom line is Im doing this simply to try to get myself informed. And apparently it is working...

I'm of the opinion that the success of this country depends on it's citizens paying attention and voting.

It's supposed to be a government of the people, and the only way we can lose that is if the people just don't care.

But then again, if you don't pay attention, please don't vote. Too many people get elected based on soundbites and false smears spread on commercials during American Idol. They elected Bush twice, and I think we all know how that turned out.

Perhaps you are correct. And that said, I will do just that and go to their pages and read up on them.

And to answer your "how about now...", well, I honestly feel a lot better about ANY of these candidates than I do about Bush, so yeah, I will at least cast a vote in this election...

Maybe its just a good kick in the ass I need.. Im not afraid to admit that. Politics have always been boring, but that doesnt mean I shouldnt at least inform myself. See... Im already changing my ways of thinking. :D

:wacko:

There's more to politics than the Presidential election. If the national election doesn't do it for you, try the state and local races. You see more of a direct impact "in your backyard".

Agree with this. And in those races, every vote DOES matter. And you start impacting policy at the local level.

Call me ignorant, or whatever else you want, but I dont understand how so many people can follow politics the way they do. Im reading some of the threads here about the elections, and I cant help but :wacko: when reading them. I just dont follow it the way some do, but the thing that sucks, is I dont know who stands for what, who wants to do what, and all that jibber jabber.

Ive never voted before, mainly because of what I just said - I simply dont know the difference between what all the candidates represent. Will I vote this year? I guess it really depends who the final candidates are, but since I dont know one from the other (other than the ho, the brother, and the whities), I cant justify my vote.

Last time around, I hated both Bush and whatever the other guys name was. Before that, I didnt like Bush or Gore.

If I DO end up voting, and I dont like any of the candidates, Ill vote for myself.

you are ignorant.

well most of the u.s. is because most could give a shit

Call me ignorant, or whatever else you want, but I dont understand how so many people can follow politics the way they do. Im reading some of the threads here about the elections, and I cant help but :wacko: when reading them. I just dont follow it the way some do, but the thing that sucks, is I dont know who stands for what, who wants to do what, and all that jibber jabber.

In 1993 or so National Health care was proposed and we were told we couldn't afford it.

The insurance and drug companies have more power than just about anyone in this country.

For the last 7 years the constitution has been under attack, lobbysists paid by Exxon and other corporations are running regulation of thj companies they are loyal to(instead of citizens) lying to get their bills passed, etc. Lobbyists in the mining industry let the companies change protection resulting in many deaths.

Corporations are moving overseas but still getting billions in contracts. Theie only loyalty is to themselves.

This country has been under attack from within.

We need to take it back.

Participate in your government on a local, state or national level. Unless you do people will take it over.

Politics have always been boring...

Perhaps the way they are presented is boring to you, but politics is a blood sport with more blindside hits, cheap shots, and dives at the knee than a prison league football game.* It may not interest you but it's far from "boring."

* - metaphorically speaking - most times.