[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

facing losses ...

tonorator

I think the real telling point is the margin of victory that Obama had last night. I know they said he was going to win, but nearly 60% or above in each state.

Also in Virginia he carried alot of the different demographics for the first time that had been going to Hillary (latinos, women, under 50K income, etc).

I could see Hillary picking Obama, but there is no way in hell that Obama would pick Hillary.

He'd probably die under mysterious circumstances immediately after taking the oath. :wacko: *

* - if Hillary wins the presidency, this is obviously a tremendous joke...Ha Ha!

i listened to hillary's texas speech last night and all she was saying was what she wanted to give to everyone as president. same health care as congress, free kindegarten, increased minimum wage, etc. it was like she was searching for more and more things that she could offer for their vote. obama consistently talks about how we can come together to address these challenges in a way that gets everyone involved and as part of the solution. as she gets more desperate, she will be promising more and more ...

i listened to hillary's texas speech last night and all she was saying was what she wanted to give to everyone as president. same health care as congress, free kindegarten, increased minimum wage, etc. it was like she was searching for more and more things that she could offer for their vote. obama consistently talks about how we can come together to address these challenges in a way that gets everyone involved and as part of the solution. as she gets more desperate, she will be promising more and more ...

She said she'd raise the minimum wage to 9.50 / hour and that congress will not be allowed raises with also increasing the minimum wage at the same time. Maybe she needs to start throwing in a nice ham or something to tip the scales.

:D

Only :D I've seen used in the last year. Nice job!

Why does Hillary sound like she is auditioning for the WWE in her latest speeches?

:wacko: Exactly! I've wondered the same thing.

I hear what you're saying, and agree with you. But on the flip side, at least she's being somewhat specific about her agenda. And while I'm an Obama fan, I do like Hillary's stance on illegal immigration. She's also one of the most qualified people to tackle the Nation's health care quagmire.

I hear what you're saying, and agree with you. But on the flip side, at least she's being somewhat specific about her agenda. And while I'm an Obama fan, I do like Hillary's stance on illegal immigration. She's also one of the most qualified people to tackle the Nation's health care quagmire.

What is the use of being specific? Circumstances will change and those specifics will be moot. Me thinks it is rather smart to lay out an agenda with not so many specifics to allow for the possibility that others can join in the process of molding the policy. Specifics are nice, but only if the facts those specifics hope to affect stay constant...which they don't.

i'm not sure throwing out a bunch of promises constitutes a real agenda. maybe she has it all documented in a formal agenda that explains how she will be able to deliver on all these promises, but i doubt it. she just sounded like she was searching for anything she could give away. i expected her to tell everyone that they shouldn't have to drive around in an old car and if she's elected, she will make sure there is a new car in every driveway.

between her plan to mandate health care and to federalize the program and obama's approach of working to bring costs down and to allow people to opt into an affordable federal program, i must say that obama appears more qualified to me ...

What is the use of being specific? Circumstances will change and those specifics will be moot. Me thinks it is rather smart to lay out an agenda with not so many specifics to allow for the possibility that others can join in the process of molding the policy. Specifics are nice, but only if the facts those specifics hope to affect stay constant...which they don't.

Good info here. People who make promises like "watch my lips - no new taxes" or "we are not in the business of nation-building" are doing this :D to Fate. Fate then does this in return :wacko:

The fact is that you've got to keep as wide an array of potential actions at your disposal as possible, not deliberately limit yourself because it sounds good in a soundbite.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

I know circumstances change. Everyone knows that. But people who run on a platform of nebulous issues like "change" and "working together" don't give me a lot of confidence that they have a solid plan in the first place. Whether or not Hillary would be able to follow through with her campaign promises isn't really the point, in my mind. It's that by making those promises I have a better window into what she intends do if she's elected. And that's good info to have when I'm trying to decide between two candidates who, in reality, agree on the most of the big issues, anyways. I'm not looking for guarantees; I'm looking for specifics regarding their vision. Any Tom, Dick, or Harry can promise me a "better, stronger America." If we don't require candidates to me more specific than that, we might as well just pick names out of hat.

Comparing Obama to a race-baiting d0uche like Jesse Jackson is about as low as it gets.

I'm a tad too young to recall, but many of those from my parents generation never forgave Jackson for appearing on TV with (supposedly) MLKs blood on his shirt - claiming that's what it was when in fact it was VERY debatable he was close enough to the scene.

Personally, my favorite moment is the look on his face during the "Sista Souljah moment" that Clinton dropped on him back in 1992. I thought he was going to have a bird. :wacko: